Godzilla vs Tidal Wave

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironman, May 27, 2024.

?

Who would win in a fight?

1. Godzilla

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Tidal Wave

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

This one is a bit tough, but under the right conditions, I think Tidal Wave can pull off a win here. The guy has a massive amount of fire power and extreme strength. It'd be like Mechagodzilla vs Godzilla in the 2021 film. Godzilla got folded! If it weren't for Kong, Godzilla would've died. Godzilla's atomic breath wouldn't help that much. I believe Tidal Wave can take a hit or two, perhaps more, or utilize certain systems to absorb that radiation and then use it to his advantage.

Bottom-line, my money is on Tidal Wave, and I'm not just saying this because I'm a Transformers fan.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Godzilla without Question. He's an immortal force of nature, not some machine. (Godzilla Minus One made Godzilla awesome again) Let's also remember that the larger the Transformer, the more Energon they need to Function Properly.

Tidal Wave is made up of 3 units, and if it was live action I could easily see Godzilla taking advantage of that fact, and destroying him piece by piece. His Automic Breath alone would obliterate Tidalwave. Godzilla is also highly adaptive whenever going up against any threat, he never loses to the same enemy's attack twice. He heals quickly as well. People assume that the PS2 Tidal Wave is the actual size he is, but it's not.

(Anyway... please don't go by the crappy godzilla in any of the American Films)

This debate should honestly have been who'd Win Gidora or Tidal Wave? :D 

Both are Cosmic Beings. I know Gidora would also destroy Tidalwave sadly.

Destroyah as well.

(Godzilla Minus One)
    image1-6.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ジェノサイダー

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Also, remember... Trypticon was based off of Godzilla.

Trypticon would tear Tidalwave a new ass. :lol 

But yeah, remember... The Larger the Transformer, the more Energon they are required to consume to function. that will never change.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patient Shockwave

Patient Shockwave Well-Known Member

Face to face, in a close quarters fight, I believe Godzilla would win. Most fights like that end up on the ground. Or in a prone position. Then weight matters. Don't get me wrong, an aircraft carrier is not something small. But we are talking Godzilla here. ( IMHO, think less of this as currently constructed and think more about the first Pacific Rim film. Those fighting giant robots were impractical on so many levels)

Tidal Wave would have some advantages using long range stand off weapons. But those kind of weapons have shown to be mostly ineffective against nearly all of the variations of Godzilla over the years. Can Tidal Wave's blaster fire pierce Godzilla's scales/armor/skin?

IMHO, if you want a "ship" to kill Godzilla, then the Space Battleship Yamato. Where the ship is literally built around a gigantic gun, the Wave Motion Gun. I could see the WMG causing Godzilla some real problems.

The "best way" ( is there a best way...) to kill Godzilla in hand to hand combat is to get him from behind. He doesn't look like he can turn around easily. It also negates his fire breath. Use a garrote. Strangle him to death. If you can find material strong enough to wrap around his neck and not snap. Also, while from behind, stab him in the eyes with something long thin and sharp. Blind him. If you can get his mouth open, toss in a grenade in his mouth. Or if we are talking the size of Titan Class Transformer, then drop a nuke down his throat. Several nukes. Blow him up from the inside. Here's where it's gets tricky. Trying to garotte Godzilla while standing up seems like a hard position to hold. He'd flip you over. Trying to have Godzilla face down and strangling him, that's also hard to imagine. However Tidal Wave ON HIS BACK, with Godzilla on top of his chest like a flailing turtle on the it's shell, while strangling him, that might work.

But you'd need material that could cut through the scales.

Blind him in both eyes. Toss nukes down his throat. Then strangle him. That might work. Everything else would end in a massacre of Tidal Wave IMHO.

6. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Love Transformers, but Godzilla fucking wrecks the shit out of TidalWave if he is half as lumbering as he was in Armada.

7. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Godzilla are we talking about? Though pretty much any version would decimate Tidal Wave. In Godzilla Minus One, Godzilla's atomic breath literally had the effect of an atom bomb.
    Also let's take into account that Godzilla is practically immortal, look at the endings of GMK or GMO.

As for Tidal Wave, even Armada couldn't get his size consistent. Sometimes he's colossal and other times he's just a large Decepticon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

IIRC the people who made the movie said this is specifically because he was tired from fighting Kong, and that he would have won if he was at full strength

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Not to mention, nukes have zero effect as Godzilla Regenerates the damage by absorbing all the energy of the blast itself into his cells. He absorbes just about any energy of all conventional weapons. Godzilla is a constant, in that you can't really Kill him. you can slow him down, even knock him out. But, He's as close to Gaia (Mother Nature as it gets) Even if the planet exploded, Godzilla would still somehow survive. He's as close to a God as a Kaiju can get. Everytime he's defeated he always comes back stronger.

Also Godzilla is a walking Sun in terms of energy. He's completely Self Sustaining in that regard.

Last but not least... Godzilla is still growing. Remember Godzilla Earth anyone?

Let's also not forget that Godzilla even survived the extinction level asteroid that wiped out all prehistoric life on the planet. Can tidal Wave make that same claim?

Just how Powerful is Godzilla?

10. Ironman

Odd because Kong was getting folded, too, until people had to save them. I was rooting for Mechagodzilla until humans got involved. They need a good villain.

11. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Yeah that's kind of the point, they wore each other down and had to team up to win. Idk if Kong could have beaten Mechagodzilla by himself, but regular Godzilla definitely could have, it's been confirmed

12. Johnson the third

Johnson the third Well-Known Member

No.

13. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Poor Tidal Wave is toast. Transformers are far less durable than kaiju, let's be real here.

14. Ironman

So, Metroplex would lose in a fist fight with Godzilla?

15. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Depending on the version, possibly. Godzilla regularly lifts and throws opponents that weigh tens of thousands of tons like its nothing, kaiju are ridiculous lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ironman

I thought the director was talking about that beam battle. Well rested or not, 2021 Godzilla wouldn't stand a chance with Mechagodzilla is an all out scrap by himself. Mechagodzilla out guns him in every way in terms of strength, speed, and durability. Kong was revived by a ship, and they both would've loss that fight if humans hadn't intervened. Hell, Godzilla had human assistance with Ghidorah. Trypticon could, without question.

17. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Legendary Godzilla?

Lol if it’s POTP style in the vain of Fort Max? Yeah, Godzilla would tear him apart.

18. Patient Shockwave

Patient Shockwave Well-Known Member

Here's Michael Jai White talking about his controversial statements regarding a hypothetical fight with Bruce Lee. ( MJW has close to 90 pounds on Lee, for sake of reference)

Godzilla is something like 90K tons or 100K tons. ( But again, which iteration of Godzilla?)

What would Metroplex weigh in at? I mean Metroplex is an entire city. If a Combiner is the size of Metroplex's foot, then you have a difficult comparison to make here.

19. PurastikHuffer

PurastikHuffer Remove Redditors

>muh godzilla is super strong
    SHMA_Kiryu11.png
    Are you sure about that? Mecha goji has always come close to killing godzilla whenever it shows up. Also goji has strong regeneration but his not that durable either. This comment section is just some insane kaiju wank

20. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits: