GoBots in the Transformers Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Mar 8, 2013.

?

Should the GoBots be added to the Transformers Universe?

1. Guardians are Autobots and Renegades are Decepticons

81 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. Get the GoBotron out of here!

17 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy shit.

I have heard some guys reference skalarr in other threads but never remembered. I watched these when they were brand new. Holy shit did I LOVE this stuff. Forgot all about these. I had the argus, bront, and one of the black sets.

Totally forgot how cool the tion was. Thanks for reminding me about it. Watching them on YouTube now.

I can't get over hearing destro amd ironhide on the same team..

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    umm...

[​IMG]

Sure there were about a half dozen windshield faced "Super Go-Bots", and there were 2 Transformers with the same problem. Both were because the toys were imported from a line where they had been piloted mecha, not sentient robots.

Of course the Super-Go-Bots also added toy like Leader-1, Spay-C, Cy-Kill and Warpath (the Renegade helicopter, came out before Transformers ripped off the name for a red tank!), which had normal heads. Then the Go-Bots has the Monster Go-Bot combiners, the Dread Launchers, Puzzler. All larger than normal Go-Bots with normal heads...

Also, Zod the giant dark colored mechanical dinosaur predated Trypticon by about 2 years. Transformers was taking Go-Bot concepts and... expanding on them for a while.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Personally I'm fine with taking Gobotron and the Go-Bots as another planet in TF fiction, like Velocitron, Micros, etc.

I'll admit, I like seeing Megatron kill Cy-kill in the comics (repeatedly), but perhaps that's because I have a special dislike for the Cy-kill regular Gobot toy because his leg kept breaking (No joke, my first Cy-kill broke in the car on the way home. We went back and exchanged it, that one lasted two days, exchanged it, that one broke but I had given up and just kept it as a guy who would die in my battles by having his leg blown off).

Beyond that, I'm not a fan of killing off Gobots and would like to see some of them integrated into the franchise in a stronger position. I'd love to see Crasher as a main Decepticon in a series.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I mentioned before, here are pictrues of Puzzler solicited as a Guardian combiner...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, the 1985 Puzzler gift set was the first time the Go-Bots line started putting some sorta of bio of the character on the box. Up until then the boxes gave to character description for a Gobot, all you knew was that they were "Friendly" or "Enemy". The Puzzler set actually said what the different members were good at.

Pocket was a master of Karate. Crossword has super strength. Tic Tac was an evil mastermind. Jigsaw was a master of disguise. Rube has super senses and Zig Zag has super speed. When they combined Puzzler has all these powers.

Attached Files:

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Gobots suck.

If they get restyled to match Transformers style, count me in. But leave everything of their story out.

6. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ignorant minds....

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup - Guardians are Autobots and Renegades are Decepticons

8. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Say, that reminds me.

The Gobots cluster in the Multiverse is Gargent. It was an attempt by Primus to create organic life. Naturally, it fell into war, and everyone were now Cyborgs.

Their are two known universes:

Gargent 984.08 Alpha, The Challenge of the Gobots cartoon universe.

Gargent -1084.22 Alpha, the mirrorverse seen in Transfer Point.

Meanwhile, Skallor was the Cybertron of the Xobitor cluster. Reptillian life created by Primus lived there, and like the Gargentians, they fell into war. There is Two known universes:

Xobitor 1085.06 Alpha, the Robotix cartoon universe.

and Xobitor 286.0 Gamma, the one-issue Marvel series.

9. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    All I know is we need an updated Puzzler.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go with either the occasional homage/cameo that they're already doing, or fully embrace them as their own separate robotic/cyborg race, who could be mistaken for (or infiltrate) Cybertronians if need be.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if you are going by the cartoon universe gobots. then that would mean that you would be going also by cartoon universe transformers.

and primus didn't exist in that universe. and the quintessons created the transformers in the cartoon. the much better origin in my opinion too.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I've actually had this idea that Leader-1 could be a former Decepticon Seeker that switched sides. Partly because his vehicle mode is also an F-15 even though it would be the most boring repaint ever as he's completely white.

Cy-Kill I think would be an evil Junkion. They're motor cycles with spikes and kinda close to his color scheme already anyway so not hard to imagine him as one of them.

13. DeadLocke

DeadLocke Well-Known Member

I agree. I like the concept of the Quintessons creating the Tfs. I don't mind Transformer gods, but more of a religion and faith thing instead of 100% undeniable fact.

And the Multi-universe idea is something I've never liked. First Marvel and DC did it, now everyone and their uncle is doing it. It makes the characters' actions and deaths all that less important, when you know there is a billion versions of them still going.

As for the Go-Bots, I liked someone's previous idea of them being a race that the Decepticons encountered and forcibly cyberformed. That idea is creepy and cool at the same time, and I think it fits.

However, I would change this 'conquered race' into Earthan humanity, since most of the alt-modes look entirely like human vehicles. It's also what I imagine the Decepticons would do after a while to humans, given their contempt for 'organics,' although wanting to enslave them at the same time. 'Go-Bots' would be their way to create durable slaves out of the humans, and it would show what happened to humanity during the time leading up to the Beast Wars.

14. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That'd be cool ideas for the back stories for Leader 1 & Cy-Kill. And the could give him (Leader 1) the alternate deco to save us from the boring all white or grey of the original toy.

Attached Files:

15. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

I keep hoping that at some point, Hasbro's going to revive this franchise(?) / series(?) as their next Transformers show for the year, but in the context of the Transformers universe.

I mean, something like "Transformers: Challenge of the Gobots" or some such. I know, it's kinda lame, but at least, if anything, it'll be a good excuse to move away from repeating another story about Optimus Prime and Bumblebee and whoever the rest of Autobot cast will be trying to survive / defeat Megatron and Starscream's Decepticons evil plots for the week / arc.

The writers could just probably pass it off as another alternate universe, but with cameos from Transformers, but with the focus on Leader-1 and his Guardians chasing down Cy-Kill and his Renegades. I mean, the plotline's been there ever since, why not do it for GoBots? :) 

jya na!

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I'd very much like GoBots to be completely brought into TRANSFORMERS on an "official" level. However, I think it would be cooler not standing alone as you're suggesting. What I'd like to see is a series where they're just mixed into a cast of established Transformers.

17. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

@ Superquad7

Eitherway, as long as it gets this 80's property back into mainstream... :) 

There's a lot of material to mine, not to mention a lot more characters to develop. I just hope they develop the material and present it as a whole, not just some "one-shot,-dead-the-next" cameos and extras in group pictures. I want the GoBots back as a significant force in the Transformers universe!

Modern, official version of Leader-1, Cy-Kill, Bugbite, Staks et al!

jya na!

18. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

I recently came across someones deviantart account who had drawn some AMAZING renditions of the Gobots in Transformers Animated style, I'll have to see if I can find them.

19. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    This right here is something I'd get on board with.

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think they should be completely different alien species. Don't they actually have brains? They can be kind of a techno-organic race of transforming cyborgs. But I would rather have them be separate from Transformers. Imagine if Transformers had competition non stop since the 80's. I actually liked some Gobot figures more than some Transformers figures back then even though the cartoon was better.