Gobot 3 pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Skycutter, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Kira Kira

Kira Kira ╮⁠(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)⁠╭

Y'know there are still a lot of people who don't have a Speedia Cosmos??

Like I never saw him at Walmart, and I'm in the US but there aren't any Ross stores near me. I even had a couple friends in other states check the Ross stores near them and nada ┐⁠(⁠ ⁠˘⁠_⁠˘⁠)⁠┌

So it's weird to act like it's commonly available toy or something. We're getting the PR you mentioned for a reason! (fan demand for a rare toy)

• Like Like x 7
  2. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
  3. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I have a TR Beachcomber set aside specifically for that custom.

4. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Ghost Quartz

Ghost Quartz ROTF Mudflap lover

Or this could merely be a confrontation scene where Pathfinder and Smallfoot didn't know Treds was an undercover spy who was on the Autobot/Guardian side and Treds is about to explain it to them.

• Like Like x 3
  7. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

How dare you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I double dare. I’ll even dare to say the Transformers cartoon, while infinitely better than Gobits, wasn’t exactly great. There were certain episodes that were much better than others, but overall it was still a kids cartoon with lots of cheesy dialogue. My memories if it are better than it actually was (certain episodes and the movie were great, though, IMO). Challenge of the GoBots just sucked to me, even as a kid. :lol  No way will I put myself through that again..

On topic… I can’t wait for the ehobby GoBot updates! Just Powerglide needed to complete the set… and bonus points if they do the Seaspray and Beachcomber repaints from the catalog.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got plenty of them as a kid, especially since my parents were poor. Instead of hating them because of this, I actually have very fond memories of them. White Crasher was my Jazz, Spay-C my Astrotrain, Puzzler my Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, etc. I want updates to the originals because of this.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not Hans-Cuff?

11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't care for Gobots much when I was younger, but I really enjoyed collecting all the show characters the past couple of years. A lot of the figures are so much better than the 1988 onwards TF figures, nostalgia aside.

Series 3 characters like Treds are harder to come by and are higher priced.

The Treds toy had the Renegade logo sticker, though the packaging had him as a Guardian
    Treds-gobots-series-3-1986-alt.jpg
    Treds-carded.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

No judgement or mocking here, as a good portion of my childhood was in "cracker box" sheet metal trailers...
    But this sounds like the perfect justification for literally saying "GoBots were the poor man's Transformers" :p 

13. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    But it was their idea!!!

14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cosmos was released here in the U.S., but he was shortpacked and sold fast. Given the high aftermarket prices, the ones that did show up at Ross went really quickly...with many of them, I assume, finding their way right into the aftermarket. I assume the reason he showed up at Ross at all is because of how hard most of his casemates shelfwarmed at Walmart (thereby preventing Walmart from being able to put all of their Cosmos stock on the shelves). I passed on him when I had the opportunity to get him on Pulse since I thought I'd just stick with my TR Legends figure, I never saw him at Ross and I refuse to pay aftermarket prices. I was tempted to get this set just to have the Cosmos mold (as well as the Warpath mold), but I won't be happy unless I have those guys in their G1 TF color schemes. So, I'm gonna wait for the Cosmos PR release.

• Like Like x 4
  15. DracoPrimal

This exactly... there's a collector shop I like in my town that when "Ross-well Cosmos" happened, they had several $50-75 Cosmos's on the shelf, depending on when you came through. It went fast, but then the same happened for weeks one end with V500 Scourge. People knew about the Ross drops but were still buying eBay level priced (well, consistently lower at this store but still > msrp) copies of Cosmos. Scourge? shelfwarmed harrrrd everywhere I saw him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even the the Go-Bots came a whole year before Transformers.

It's like calling something a Lego knockoff when Lego itself is technically a knockoff.
    Or calling Hydrox a knockoff of Oreo.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

"hated"?? Okayyy...
    "shitty cartoon"?? The writing wasn't stellar (but neither was it with The Transformers), but it was AT LEAST above-average animation (for the time) and the voice talent was phenomenal, possibly ever better than The Transformers'.

Nope. If you received them as presents, they would be in packaging adorned with logos and info galore that let you know it was from Go-Bots, and any kid that was into robot toys at the time knew what Go-Bots were. Hell, they beat The Transformers to market, so they weren't UN"real Transformers".

What's the point? As children, we would get presents that weren't what we wanted all the time. Get over it. "Power Lords? What is THIS? Eh, let me check it out..."

"hatred"... I think you can let it go. I loathed the UT, Animated, Prime, and the live-action stuff, but I'm done railing about them, and I sure don't talk about that as if they violated me. They suck ass, let me see if there's some products and/or media that I do like.

Yeah, I had brand loyalty at twelve, but I think maybe some therapy might be warranted in this case.

What would help immensely is contributors that understand international copyright law. There's so much confusion as to what Hasbro acquired and still has the rights to. I completely get that, if there's a risk of Bandai getting their hackles up, the juice just ain't worth the squeeze for Hasbro, but they did stand up to HG (and other parties?) years ago when they were challenged for having a Jet-/Skyfire deco'd jet. And they won.

Why do you equate exposure to this other kid's property (and it's media) as traumatic? I don't understand the rhetoric.

Tonka's GoBots were a different flavor, which I thought non-G1ers were clamoring for ALL the bloody time! There is virtually hatred for (whatever they deem) "G1" vocalized every day within the "fandom", so I'm not sure why there is pushback against (the original) Go-Bots.
    They WEREN'T Transformers; they were there own thing, and I appreciated that and would like to see more from this different property in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DracoPrimal

Sorry, was this contesting something I said?

19. IgnikaMarcus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m done with the Tonka Gobots conversation. This thread is about the SELECTS GoBots which are based on the ehobby ones.

• Like Like x 1