GMC Topkick To Be Discontinued

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Ironhide'll just ask Ratchet if he can use his alt-mode.

2. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

We had to put up with Jar Jar Binks for 3 episodes of Star Wars, I think it's safe to assume that everything we need to keep Ironhide going for another movie is tucked away on a hard drive as well. I don't know why people are even bothering to question this move by GM and it's effect on the movies. This is the 21st century, anything can be digitally recreated. There is NOTHING to worry about.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

F-250 time!!

[​IMG]

4. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeaaaaaaaahhhhh no. The ones already made will still be sold and such, it's just they won't be producing any more... him keeping the same alt mode isn't out of the question, and the thought that "they're going to go dismantle all top kicks in the world (even the ones sold) is a bit much and a downright bizarre idea, on the verge of overreacting really.

5. KupDidntCThis

KupDidntCThis Autobot Smoke-a-Blunt

na, screw that, a Ram!

But that sucks. Ironhide is my fav character.

And what about Ratchet guys? No one is making a big deal about that...Hummer was sold and is no longer GM...if it's a GM only movie...that can't use ratchet either

6. weaponx82

weaponx82 Well-Known Member

Ironhide is going nowhere. They'll either pic a new alt mode or buy a few more for the next movie from the ton that are out there. We see people rebuild cars that are half a century old and make them look brand new all the time. They'll have no problem throwing some spit and polish on some top kicks that are only a year or so old for the third movie if they don't hold on to the handful they have for ROTF.

7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure there will be a few Topkics left over, so I doubt this will have an effect. If it does, he'll just get a new alt mode. I doubt this is something to kill the character over, but then again, Ironhide would probably have an epic death.

8. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    They still hold the license for Hummer itself.

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Outside of any unwanted implications on future TF movies, good riddance. From what I've heard that heap gets worse mileage than a hummer.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    This brings up an interesting point for Ratchet as well, since GM plans to sell the Hummer line to a Chinese company.

Realistically they would most likely give them new alt modes and explain it away with a one liner in the third movie, if at all (assuming they are in the third movie). Equally possible is they use this as an opportunity to bring in two new characters. Perhaps First Aid or Pipes for Ratchet and Springer or Roadbuster for Ironhide.

11. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

Agreed. I am not sure why everyone thinks that he needs to be the top of the line model. In fact, i would figure that all of the Autobots would want alt modes that make them more conspicuous, not less.

12. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Such heroic nonsense?

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Why would this have any effect on movie-canon Ironhide? All they need is one or 2 models, which I'm fairly certain they already have.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    well i see 3 possibilities :

1. Ironhide simply scans a new alt mode, I judge this as second most likely
    2. Ironhide get killed early in TF3 i find this unlikely
    3. they buy up enough Topkicks to use for TF3 , which this is most likely what will happen as they would not need many as normally most of the abuse a TF takes in the TF movies has been in Robot Mode, so 5 or 6 tops would be all they would need if that many

15. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    have any of you seen the Chevy Kodiak, it look just the same [​IMG]
    edit:read the thing wrong, it is both the topkick and Kodiak, well maybe be can a F-250 then :) 

16. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Actually, if you have seen most of the trailers, there is a scene where Ironhide Drives through a burning wall.

Lets face it man, it's a bay film, and with all the stunts there are, I doubt those 1 or 2 trucks will survive. My oppinion? I've always thought there would be a chance Ironhide dies in the Movie continuity. My fear is growing.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
  18. NeilD83

NeilD83 Well-Known Member

well can they just make the GMC Topkick for the movie, not for dealerships; i mean come on they built the back ratchet's ambulance mode from scratch. dont kill him off in the next movie michael bay!!!!!!

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    There is a reason for that the are sister vehicles the Kodiak is the Chevy version of the GMC Topkick and both are being discontinued

20. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    The Topkick is still a GM property right? even if they stop producing them, it doesn't mean he cant still be one... i mean, i get that GM wants to promote vehicles they want people to buy, but that's a little contradictory considering they gave Sideswipe a vehicle mode that you CAN'T buy.

why the hell does he have to change alt modes? the only reason i could see them changing it is because the alt mode wont be available to film...but don't they have a few they can keep already?

killing him off because of this would be horribly lame and one of only a hand full of legit reasons I've found so far to complain about this franchise. but i wont until we know for sure.