Glutton for Punishment: Regerts Needs a Third R

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Here lately I’ve really been regretting not getting all those CW deluxes that warmed shelves till mid 2016 as I’ve gotten back into customizing and half of them go for around $50 now on the aftermarket.

I remember thinking “ugh, more Wheeljacks and Trailbreakers?” And now that I realize all the characters those two could be customized into(Tracks, Hoist, repaints) I dread the amount of money I’m going to have to spend.

Thats why now when figures go on sale I buy as many duplicates as I can.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I quit cold turkey early 2013 and came back late 2017.

I regret missing out on CW Devastator, Superion, Metroplex, Year of the animal Omega Supreme.

In 2017-18 the inflated asking prices for all of the above made me a sad panda (seriously like 300 for unite warriors superion and like 500 for unite devastator, you crazy greedy sonofa's). :oops: :oops: :oops: 

Lo and behold... 2018-19 rolls round I get the superior Takara reissues of Devastator for 165 shipped and Superion for 105.

Flabbergasted I also picked up the superior tight joints extra gun superior paint apps Metroplex LG EX TTMall reissue for 264 minty shipped from BBTS because why the hell not and to stick it to sellers demanding 500+ for inferior releases. :D 

image2 (4).JPG

Ah.. and Year of the animal Omega that I missed out on in 2013... RIP buddy... because Siege Omega Supreme baby! :) 

Wait long enough.. (like years :confused: ) regrets became happy endings. :eek: :p o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Not a transformer, but passed on SoC Voltron when he was in my F***ing hands at the toy dojo shop, and instead bought wave 4 TR deluxes (which they had in early) and some diaclone, truly one of my only regrets as a collector

Luckily was able to snag a pre order for the reissue

Only other regret (again not transformers) is buying the Cerazaur Brothers three pack over the Gigano dragon and Drago Wing two pack

While I do now have a gigano Dragon, I rarely ever see drago wings come up and never at a good price

Oh I guess I low key regret passing on siege chromia for completion purposes but I doubt I’ll have too much issue finding her in the future

And if not oh well not a fan of the mould even with the improvements

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRU reissue Perceptor and Insecticons from around 2010. TRU reissue Optimus from 2013.

5. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I regret buying a number of figures.

TR Wave 1 Deluxes - I had been enjoying CW, and TR looked cool, so I snapped up a bunch.

Without exception, every single Deluxe has floppy limbs and neck connector ports. My Skullcruncher was the worst. QWOP floppy.

I was more selective during Wave 2 and beyond. I skipped the ugly looking Voyagers. I waited until Sixshot was less than $20 to grab him. Out of the entire line, the only figures I enjoyed were Brainstorm and Perceptor. TR damn near made me quit collecting official and go hard into 3rd party. Thank God for Siege. The pendulum has swung the other way, and it’s so much cheaper.

I regret missing out on FT Slag, Sludge, and Galvatron.

I regret buying PotP Rodimus. Mine was a defective mess. The arms couldn’t clip into the trailer.

6. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I missed out on a chance to get the Armada Crystal Convoy for super cheap a couple years ago. Auction ended at only $12. I should have fought harder for it

7. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I regret passing on MIB Yamato V2 VE-1 Super Ostriches that were both in my hands, out of fear of the knurled shoulder pins issue. They were very reasonable in price. I HAD TWO OF THEM, IN BOXES, IN MY HANDS.

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Animated. Voyager. Thundercracker.

"Hey, if Hasbro don't release it to retail, at least Takara will."

Wrong.

Should have bought the test shot.

Some might say i'm indiscriminate, but the upside is that's my only regret.

9. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ended up selling all my Transformers except for G1 Soundwave, Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Mirage, Bluestreak & Devastator back in 2013. My mother in law was in a nursing home and when she passed they tried to take our house which was in my wifes dad name but my wife was buying it by land contract. The wife & I talked to our lawyer and instead of trying to fight this in court, wasting a lot of money, it was easier to her to file for bankruptcy which it's why I had to sell off my toys. (Lawyer fees) The nursing home was mad as hell but we were able to keep this house which is good. I started to get back into collecting in 2016 but I now use any overtime hours that I work to buy my toys. This is just a change that I decided to do with no rhyme and reason.

It did suck not collecting right after the bankruptcy. I was really going to call it quits but the love of Transformers was too strong to ignore.

I now focus on G1 99% or the time. Just picking up a few new thing that I really like and I know that I will play with them.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Non transformer: Not buying into the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom line until recently. Our country didn't get much after the initial wave so now I'm left scavenging for leftovers. Fortunately I've managed to find some decent stuff.

Transformers: TLK Hot Rod. Saw him once, decided nah, not now, never saw him again. Here's hoping we get one for SS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Heh, I kinda titled the thread in a hurry.

"It's missing a THIRD 'r', Superquad7!" I literally just said that to myself and then retitled the thread accordingly.

For me, just a kind of recent state of affairs is that I don't have a whole lot of expendable cash. I have totally regretted having to pass on most of the recent mainlines of CW-UW/TR/PotP/Siege - those are incredible lines from a great many aspects. I especially dislike that I've had to pass on those Unite Warriors sets. Primarily collecting Masterpiece has seen me having to pass on a lot of other things, though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    My biggest regret was not buying the MMC Elita-1. I bought the Arcee on clearance and loved the figure, but didn't want to shell out full price for Elita. After getting the Botcon and PotP ones, I highly regret not pulling the trigger on the MMC one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tprime

Tprime I still function!

News Credits:
    Here's my regert story:

I had a lot of G1 toys when I was a kid but they all eventually went to trash as I grew up and didn't know they would be of any value. Then as an adult, the figure that kickstarted my adult collection was the 20th Anniversary DVD edition Masterpiece Optimus Prime, MP-01. I've kept him unopened in his box, and put him away in storage. Then many years later, they released MP-10. I remember thinking to myself "I already have Masterpiece Optimus Prime, I don't want to buy him again only because he comes with a trailer now" not knowing that it was a completely new mold and size. This was before the days when things like the TF wiki or more internet information existed. Seeing now how MP-44 is coming out and there are other great 3P MP primes out to buy, I don't feel so bad anymore. But all of those years in between I had been regretting never picking up MP-10. It's still a great figure and highly sought after item.

My second regret shares a similar theme. I had picked up Masterpiece Starscream and Masterpiece Skywarp when they came out. By the time it got to Masterpiece Thundercracker, I told myself "you already have the other two, it's just a repaint". Once again, I didn't know that MP Thundercracker was a new mold, blaming ignorance. And now that I am a more serious collector, I wish I had all 3 to complete that trio of seekers for my display. I am still looking for one at the right price. Truthfully, I want a MP Thundercracker in the MP-03 mold so that he looks the same as my MP SS and MP SW, but all I can find are MP-11 Thundercrackers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    None I always ask my self would I be upset if it was gone, if the answer is yes I buy it, or pay it off most stores are willing to do this even online ones if you ask

15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    SoC Voltron. Had the first run preordered and, in a moment of financial clarity, decided to cancel the preorder. Now I can't even get in a preorder for a second run. :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I definitely regret not getting more Power Core Combiners back when they were on the shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cody1307

Cody1307 I Know The End

Twitter:
    Found a dude selling FoC Soundblaster with all the Data Discs for 30CAD. Decided not to get him since I didn't care for Soundblaster and was gonna get Siege Soundwave. Ended up getting a great deal on FoC Soundwave and now I miss not getting all of those sweet sweet data discs

• Like Like x 1
  18. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Same here. Looking back, they weren't as bad as I thought they were. I think Mudslinger and Double Clutch ruined the rest of the line for me, honestly. But I remember wanting Searchlight/Backwind sooooo badly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Searchlight's propellers are a bit loose in their pegs, but his chopper mode is killer!

20. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Ok, this thread title is confusing the heck outta me. Is it a metaphor or something? I have trouble with metaphors and turns-of-phrase. Stupid literal minded thinking... :mad: 

Anywho, figures that I have seen in stores and thought ‘oh they will be here a while’ only to vanish and end up on eBay for three times the price include:

-RTS Lugnut
    -ROTF Mindwipe
    -ROTF Brimstone
    -ROTF Optimus Prime (the downsized leader)
    -ROTF Dune Runner

• Like Like x 1