Gladius: Rebirth - Sign up thread

Discussion in 'RPG and Games Forum' started by Pinpoint, Sep 28, 2016.

1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Updated with my machine. Still trying to think on who to use for my man.

2. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

Since RWBY is on the approved list I'm going to use Yang Xio Long from RWBY as my "man" category character, a bio shall be provided later tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

All bios have been provided.

4. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Banned

News Credits:
    Added my artwork for Dani and Blades.

Go ahead.

5. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Kyrios2

Kyrios2 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna drop Fasttrack and replace him with someone, better.

7. Kyrios2

I replaced him with GaoFighGar from the Brave series

8. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm actually not certain what the rules are in relation to the classification of mecha.

9. Kyrios2

It's much like how Combaticons worked his transformation into the original gladius

He's just a combiner of the individual parts, but they're ALL him.

10. Porkulus

YouTube (Legacy):
    No, I mean I think the Machine slot is exclusively for Transformers characters. It'd be a fit for the Man slot on a lot of levels though.

11. Kyrios2

Is that right? Huh.... okay well, I guess I can just get rid of Mika. Mika isn't really all that great without the Barbatos

I mean I know he's an amazing pilot and has a lot of weapons training. But I'd rather take the GFG over him if thats the case.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  12. Porkulus

YouTube (Legacy):
    I just looked at the bio. I thought you meant GFG with Guy as a pilot.

We hadn't really come to a decision on whether piloted mechs count as a Man or Machine slot. I think the problem with having them in the Man slot is that a good pilot, or one with supernatural abilities, would be fighting with a power level roughly equal to a TF character. Even more so with mecha like GaoFighGar which are extremely powerful. It'll take some deliberation before we can figure it out.

13. Kyrios2

Well I was using GFG as a ROBOT itself, no pilot or anything just himself. And that's what I kept wondering about Mika, I know he's an amazing fighter and all, but would I be allowed to use Barbatos or not. And that's what I meant.

14. Porkulus

YouTube (Legacy):
    Talked to the rest of the mods and we're going to have to backtrack. GFG is just too high of a power level for either a Man or Machine slot. But you will be allowed to use Barbatos for Mika as a Man character.

To set a precedent, Real Robot-type characters and their associated mecha are acceptable for the Man slot.

15. Kyrios2

So I CAN use Barbatos. Okay. I can understand the not wanting to use GFG so I'll respect that, I just wanted to clear up that little thing I had a question on

16. Starscreama

Starscreama Megatron has fallen.

Facebook:
    Tumblr:
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    [I have a really bad camera and my art isn't the best so ppppbptpt]
    Class: Titan
    Name: Wade
    Alt: nah
    Bio: Wade came to Earth, pretty much, because he was bored. Everything is so boring. So he's like, "well everyone else is on this mudball, I should check it out."
    Needless to say, he's stayed for a bit. He's even adopted a human name. He doesn't quite need to get into trouble, since he could easily avoid the issues all together. But where's the fun in being by the side lines? Wade particularly enjoys stirring up issues between the humans and the 'bots further.
    He thinks Humans are adorable, and also enjoys to study them. But to do that, he has to catch them, of course. And not every human comes back after Wade catches them.
    His trip to Earth isn't completely without reason, however, as he is searching for his, er, "close friend."

He has a hard time expressing emotion due to being in an abusive relationship. Him being an ass isn't just because hes an ass, it's also because he doesn't want to be soft again. Not again or ever.
    Weapons: Double katanas, retractable claws, and a Walther P38 handgun
    Abilities/Techniques: He has a mouth like a motor. He talks a lot. And fast. It's annoying. He's also pretty flexible for a Titan, even if it hurts him. It comes in handy sometimes.
    He works well with katanas as well, but he prefers his claws. (What a fucking weeb)
    Strengths: He's fast. Not Blurr fast, but fast nonetheless. He's clever as well.
    Weaknesses: Play at his emotions. Tease and taunt him. Slowly break into his mind and tear him down from his mental throne.
    He isn't as tough as he wants to be. He's constantly scared and depressed. Work with it.

OPTIONAL:

Voice Actor:
    Ryan Reynolds (lmao)
    Theme Song(s): Let's Face It, I'm Cute by 11 Acorn Lane and Marble Soda by Shawn Wasabi
    Battle Theme Song: Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Appearance: [​IMG][​IMG]

[Image credit, the actual image doesn't have much to do with Swindle in this roleplay, I just liked the image, and of course, to give you a concept of the Swindler. He's doing the :3 face. It's great.]
    Class: Machine
    Name: Swindle. Or, what you'd call an intergalactic arms-dealer.
    Alt: Jeep Wrangler
    Bio: Capitalist first, Decepticon second, Swindle is a con-man, an opportunist, a hustler—or as he would put it, an entrepreneur. He considers the Autobot-Decepticon war to be merely an opportunity for networking, cutting deals, and making profit. He's an expert on all manner of weaponry and their market prices, and he prides himself on being able to sell anything to pretty much anybody. After all, there will always be demand for a black market, regardless of whoever wins. He knows all he has to do is keep his chin up, and he'll always have a customer. All he needs is a smile. (Credit to tfwiki because I was a tad lazy, haha)

That being said, with the war going on, he got up and said "why fly around and shit when it's a perfect chance to make even more money by selling to these losers?"
    Typical Swindle.
    Weapons: Gatling cannon, telekinetic ray, gyro gun, scatter blaster, and a negatronic force field. He also has a subspace located in his chest that holds many assorted items.
    Abilities/Techniques: Is charm a special ability?
    Perhaps, the ability to sell just about anything? I bet he could sell ice to an Eskimo.
    Strengths: He's kind of bulky, so he's a very durable guy. And he has a gun in his tits.
    From getting caught so many times, he's also a very good jail-breaker. Not the best, but decent.
    Weaknesses: He's durable, but if you keep punching I'm sure you'll break something. His parts either aren't replaceable, or they're expensive. If it's gone, it's gone forever. He also sinks like a damn stone, but I guess that's everyone without a sub alt mode or something, huh?

OPTIONAL:

Voice Actor:
    Fred Willard ( because Johnny Haymer sounds terrible and I've changed my mind.)
    Theme Song(s): Fxxk Boyz Get Money by FEMM, Muny by Nicki Minaj, you can sell anything by Das Racist
    Battle Theme Song: Gettin' Paid by Nicki Minaj, (Houdini by Foster The People)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance: [​IMG]
    Class:
    Man
    Name: Abel "Blue" Khan
    Height: 6 feet 7 inches
    Bio: Blue used to work on a team of mercenaries before the whole apocalypse thing. He truly believes what happened is all karma (what a loser). He has narcissistic personality disorder, and schizophrenia. He's a pretty smart guy, but his mental illnesses keep him from being his best.
    He travels alone, helping any humans he might find, and searching for his lost spouse Milo (Little does Blue know, Milo is long dead).
    Weapons: SIG Pro semi-automatic pistol, a bone saw, and a couple of small daggers.
    Abilities/Techniques: The power of.. medicine..? He isn't all that talented or special.
    Strengths: He knows advanced medical procedures, and is excellent at patching up a wound. With weapons, he's decent, though not the most skilled fighter. He prefers a gun over a knife any day.
    Weaknesses: He's human, need I say more?
    Blue isn't the strongest, being a medic, and needs constant protection. Taking care of others also means he has less time to take care of himself. On top of that, his mental illnesses keep him from telling the difference from his own dreams and reality. He doesn't know when he's awake and when he isn't. It is easy to manipulate him in this way.

OPTIONAL:

Voice Actor:
    Tom Kenny (Like Commander Peepers type of voice from Wonder Over Yonder)
    Theme Song(s): Don't Go Phantom by Jookabox, Hey Ya! by OutKast, and Fan.tasia
    Battle Theme Song: Witness by Mindless Self Indulgence

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  17. Kyrios2

I removed GFG from my Machine slot.

18. Starscreama

Starscreama Megatron has fallen.

Facebook:
    Tumblr:
    Edited some stuff, nothing too big tho'..

19. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Added my Machine and Titan. Lemme know if I need to fix anything (just message me, I dont get all the skype messages)

20. Kyrios2

Updated Mika and my heights