Gladiformers

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by supernova222, Sep 9, 2016.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so, i just discovered this movie called gladiformers. It is obviously a kind of ripoff of transformers, but unlike other ripoffs, this one is actually good and exists in its own world and isnt based wholly on the idea of transformers. also, unlike others, it isnt to sell toys, it is just an cgi movie, with no attached toyline. the plot of it is in this world, which isnt exactly stated to be alien or earth or some weird future, a group of sentient robots who turn into vehicles have been enslaved in this gladiator pit. that's it. the whole movie is this series of battles, showered with actual backstories, histories and world building info that actually fits and establishes itself in a genuine and fun way. there are six actual characters in the film who are the 8 gladiators.

Julius Drive - the main character, a Prince kidnapped and sold as a battle slave(kinda rodimus-esque).
    Magnum Tutor - The bad guy. a brute and other noble with a grudge against julius who had him kidnapped so he could get the throne.
    Dante Logus - Warrior and loyal friend Julius. got himself and magnum put in the battles to try and save julius.
    Mora Jarte - Magnums creation and ally
    Korjo Displo - arrogant 7 time winner of the gladiator battles.
    Patrion Tokal - The prideful master engineer who created Project A.
    Marta Gortin - a warrior from the land that neighbors julius' land
    Project A - a young inexperienced bot who was created by and loyal to Patrion.

there are also the mysterious leaders who kidnap, run and judge the gladiator battles. the bots also dont transform like transformers do, but the vehicles separate then reform in the bot modes, like combiners or cubix(look it up). like i said, the movie is actually quite good and creates its own world that you want to know more. obviously it suffers from a low budget with average animation, not great sound effects and lots of slow or cheap shots, like constantly zooming around the vehicles while the characters have a conversation. so, if anyone else knows of this, or wants to watch it and talk about it here, feel free. i would like to see what others think. I should warn you that there are many draggy parts and it can be hard to sit through the whole thing at once. below is a link to the full movie on youtube. i will also link the video as there is a full sequel, also on youtube. unfortunately, i can not tell if the 2nd one is a prequel or sequel as it is all in another language, with no apparent english dub existing. so, check them out and pop back here to say what you thought.

2. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, managed to translate the description for the 2nd movie, it is a sequel, not a prequel. now i only wish i could understand it.

3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Well there went ten minutes of my life.

4. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    And cue Hasbro copyright infringement lawsuit now...

5. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Ah. The cinematic wonders of Brazil's Video Brinquedo. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have films inspired by The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory.