Girls starting puberty earlier?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrhillz, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Actually, they're in LESS danger from Pedobear. He goes for pre-pubescents who actually look that way.

I'll get my coat.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

It's our diet now days. Seriously. Aside from all the hormones and shit, all the extra calories and nutritiously dense foods (and I don't mean nutrition as is "good for you" I mean it as in "a shit ton of calories per meal") that's causing children to mature faster.

4. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

The whole problem with female livestock (cattle, chickens, and even some plants) growth hormone in food does have a potent accelerating effect on young females but the thing that worries me more is that it's also going to male children who arn't even supposed to be getting female hormones; especially at that young an age. After puberty it's not such a huge problem, but female hormones on a pre-pubecent male can wreak havoc on their physiology.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now I'm scared of the future....
    *Looks in to future and see ALOT of girls who act like "Jessica Slaughter".*

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Naw, honestly this is one time I do think its right to say as such. They wouldn't be emotionally prepared for all that comes with puberty.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So you're saying a seven year old has the mental capacity and emotional maturity to make the decisions expected of an adult? And that if they don't, it's because their parents didn't let them watch enough tv or listen to the right kinds of music?

Yeah, there's something wrong with that line of reasoning.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Without saying something that will earn me a vacation from this place, I think you need to look at what you just said. I have a seven year old little girl and she is just that... A little girl. There is no freaking way she is (or should she be) emotionally prepared for the crap puberty throws at you. She needs to worry about just being a kid at that age.

9. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Well, this means that they going to learn new things they never knew until now.

Oh god, save us now.

10. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

I'm going to be blunt here. As a female that hit puberty early (i.e. 9 years old), I can tell you flat out that parenting, no matter how good, could not have prepared my immature 9 year old mind for what my body was going through and the absolute hell I endured too early because of how fast my body developed.

I speak from experience. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. And for the record, I had parents that were laidback, didn't censor anything, explained things to me, helped me distinguish reality from fantasy at a very young age, and absolutely did NOT baby or "protect" me from things and I've lived through enough trauma to make your skin crawl. No matter what my parents did parenting-wise, I can assure you, I was absolutely emotionally unprepared for puberty at that young of an age and the personal and social ramifications that my body's early development caused. Your POV holds absolutely no valid weight in my eyes - I've lived it, dude. And it freaking sucks, no matter who your parents are or how they parent.

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

15 will get you 20.

Its all in our diet.

12. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

Geez, I didn't hit puberty until I was almost 14.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For this very reason have I studied this topic, at least to some extent already.

The only other thing I'll say in this thread is that the human psyche of a child is not of the same capacity of that of an adult, nor should he/she be expected to exhibit as such. This issue is a big one (as has been noted in this thread already) about the impact of puberty on a young girl's life on her way to adulthood.

14. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Amazing, right? :wink:  lol

Really, back to the OP - diet and environmental factors are increasing the earlier ages for puberty, in my opinion. When I hit puberty as early as I did, it was far more rare at that time than it is now - and it's rather scary how early the ages have gone. Seven year old girls going through puberty? Not cool.

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's strange. In the 90s most of us started puberty at 12-13...

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    All right, I'm deleting the spam and hurr hurr pedo shit from the topic, so that those actually interested in discussion can do so.

It's warnings for spam moving forward.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Has there been any study into early puberty in males? Does it even occur, and if so, is there any correlation between the potential causes for both genders?

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    As a parent of a 7 year old I am a little freaked out by this. BUUTT...every girl is different and I doubt that she is turning that corner just yet.

19. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you also research the brain development, a brain changes a lot during childhood and keeps on changing until the early 20s. The brain development is a major aspect to the maturity of the person. No matter HOW serious or well you try to teach a kid about a topic, even the BEST person, the brain and the maturity of the child is not ready for it.

My 2.5 year old is now freaking out that his finger skin shrivels after he goes in the pool for a while. I try to explain to him calmly and with a smile that it is normal and that it will go back after a bit. Yet, he keeps on doing it, every time his finger skin shrivels up. I can't imagine him understanding ANYTHING with adult themed topics and reacting to it pseudo-normally.

I really hope the person who made that comment earlier doesn't have any kids, because I would feel bad for them. I would assume this person doesn't and therefore just one of MANY people on the internet who spew stupid comments without actually knowing anything.

In short... a 7yr old is waaayyy too young. Even if every 7 yr old matured early and there wouldn't be the ridicule factor involved, a 7yr old can not handle it.

To the person who talked about boys getting the hormones... that is a very interesting topic. This may lead to an even HIGHER rate of Gynecomastia in boys/men - which I can argue easily is even more damaging to the individual/psyche than with girls.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    is it bad that i have no recollection of when i hit puberty? the years between 10-14 is very fuzzy haha