Gigapower MP Grassor (not slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, May 23, 2014.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes. It's doable.

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Allow me to be much more specific, I had the problem and have a replacement head...
    ...that I can’t use because I can’t get the Dino head off.
    So yes, it’s possible. It’s on a huge ball joint. However all the pulling from a guy that reps 225 on bench and it wouldn’t even budge and I stopped for fear of breaking the joint, which of course would be catastrophic.
    But now that you’ve posted this, I have shock oil that I had to use on IF Tarn, and I may give it another shot.
    If you’re replacing it because you have the styrophoam spots, an easier fix is some car polish to get them off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutoconDeceptibot

AutoconDeceptibot Well-Known Member

Please keep us posted how it works out, thanks in advance.

By the way I rep approximately 100 myself, spoon to mouth that is......

• Like Like x 2
  4. 630509

630509 RuptureFarms dismembers

Which problem? My Grassor just came in the mail a few days ago. To get the head off I turned it so the face was looking as far to the right as it would go and then gave the head a little pull and it popped right off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. deaculpa

News Credits:
    I have the styrofoam marks. Maybe it’s just an angle thing, I was filling straight off? Gotta work smarter, not harder?

6. 630509

I didn't know that was an issue with these. Are there pictures of them anywhere in the thread? I didn't notice any on mine but I didn't know to look for any either. The only issue I had was that the plastic clamshell shattered in several places during shipping. Thankfully, only the barrel of the blaster a little scratched and nothing else.

7. Pomofo

Pomofo Well-Known Member

Here is my issue I am having and still haven't got help from GP

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. deaculpa

News Credits:
    Reach out to them on Facebook if you haven’t already. Took some time but I have received replacement parts from them twice I believe.

Gigapower MP Grassor (not slag)

[​IMG]

9. Pomofo

Pomofo Well-Known Member

I reached out to them when the metallic version first came out, they got the replacement head for me but the shipper that shipped it out in the states shipped it to the wrong address. And yes, the address was verified with GP twice before they shipped it. it took almost 2 years to get the replacement head only to be shipped out to the wrong address, SMHFML....

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Just want to give my $0.02 on GigaPower replacement parts. IT TOOK ME ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF TO FINALLY RECEIVE MY GUTTER HIPS. Did it suck? Hell yeah lol but @ the end of day i have stable Gutter with I believe Version 2/Reissue hips. I'm not sure but it seems like they send all the replacement parts to a Retailer then they are the ones who ship it out to you. I feel for anyone who needs Replacement parts from them. Hope you all get them soon.

11. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

That sucks you had to wait that long but that's 3rd Party for you. Ironically, it took Gigapower a week to send my friend a replacement Guttur hip.

12. FiVE1ZERO

Why you gotta rub it in.!?!??? Haha I'm jk. Yea man it's sucked waiting for the hips to come in and I was close to selling off my GP Dino's as I was very frustrated. Poor Gutter was in Dino mode for about a Year lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 630509

Yeah. That sucks. I'd be annoyed at that for sure. I took another look at my Grassor and noticed what looks like very tiny spatter spots, like you'd get at the end of a spray can, on the chrome along one side of the dinosaur mouth. The spots are only visible from certain angles in good lighting.

14. Necromancyr

Necromancyr Well-Known Member

Anyone hear anything about plans to do another run of him? Only one I've had issues getting in metallic. :/

15. RondoCalrissian

I feel you man. I'm waiting on a bunch of parts for my Toyworld Constructor, which could have been simply avoided if Toyworld packaged their items a little bit better. The more I look into the 3rd Party industry, the more I see how nuts they all operate. Like how 3rd party companies rent out factories with their own mold design and if your figure is broken and they run out of spares or don't have a figure they can scavenge from, you're pretty much shit out of luck until they do another run.

16. FiVE1ZERO

@RondoCalrissian Hey I recently joined the Broken thumb club unfortunately lol. My Gaudenter/Swoop felt lil too tight and during first Transformation *SNAP*... Yea not pleased whatsoever and who knows how long it will take to get a replacement thumb:( 

17. mycon

mycon Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ashpolt

Ashpolt Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I got Grassor yesterday and Gaudenter today (chrome versions of both), and I've already seen some chipping on the "chrome" red (in Grassor's case it was straight out of the box, in Gaudenter's it may have been me, or I may have just not noticed it immediately.) Is there anything that can be done to protect these pieces and stop further chipping? I'm tempted to give it a coat of some varnish I have for miniature painting, but not sure if that would react well or not. If anyone has any tips, it would be much appreciated!

19. RondoCalrissian

Man that double sucks. Maybe you have bad luck with Gigapower . I'm that way with KO or 4th party figures. I've gone through 3 Soundwaves there were all very bad and not remotely passable so I ended up spending way too much for Takara Soundave. I've had bad luck with Takara products too now that I think of it. At least you can try to get replacement parts from your vendor or Gigapower easier this time since Swoop is in production.

20. Mercat

Mercat Cybertron Mithrandir