GigaPower HQ-05 Gaudenter (MP Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by unexpectedpanda, Nov 22, 2014.

1. hal9000b

hal9000b Well-Known Member

I made it like in the instructions. I only pressed the two halfs together.

2. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did post comparison pic of my chrome and metallic gigasaurs. you may search for them in their respective thread.
    heres some of the comparison i posted b4 between chrome red and metallic blue

IMG_20190515_112111.jpg IMG_20190515_114005.jpg IMG_20190515_114310.jpg IMG_20190515_112600.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    You said you found a metallic Grassor for sale on ShowZ recently? I've been keeping an eye out and have only spotted the chrome. Was it a one-off or do they have the pre-orders for the metallics up somewhere?

4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Most likely a one-off, as the Chromes are the ones that are up for reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Must have been a one off, but I don't see why they wouldn't do another metallic run after the chrome one. There's demand there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I also saw a listing on Ebay from one of the accounts affiliated with MascotZone that had the metallic Grimlock up for preorder, so I assume there is going to be something on that front soon.

For anyone curious, a rep at ShowZ did just say that they were assured by GP that they'd be re-running the metallic set.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Kevin Adams

Kevin Adams Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Does anyone know if they're also re-issuing the chrome version of the red Swoop? I only see the blue one on ShowZ, and having the red one is better for my toy-version MP collection...

8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Well fuck, now I have a reason to cancel the chrome set, haha. You able to get a time range we can expect to see them either out or go up?

9. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Just that the pandemic slowed down the process, but that it'd happen 'this year'. My hopes are that by the time they're getting ready to ship the chromes, that the pre-orders will either be posted or will be shortly afterwards.

My understanding of why the GP chrome Sludge sold out so quickly is because people who either own the metallic versions or even FansToys collectors just gave up and bought whichever GigaPower placeholder they could find. It happens to fit fairly well in this case that he'd be bigger in dinosaur mode than the others anyhow, so I think it became a pretty common practice. So, if the chromes are selling because people can't find the metallics, then I'd hope that they'd release them close enough together to allow for the choice between the two.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Cool, cool. Hopefully sooner than later.

And yeah, I know that one first-hand, missed out on the first PO batch of Sludges and had to jump when he came back in stock. Meanwhile these guys are keeping the seats warm until FT gets another reissue out. After which they'll probably be delegated to dino-mode.

11. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I'd love to pretend that it's the price keeping me away from the FansToys options, but I fully expect them to get a re-issue this year too, so it's not. I don't like that they're smaller than Ultra Magnus - which is a terrible reason with how many people are clamoring for a smaller one, given how fucking gigantic he is - but when you combine the two, I just can't do it.

At least, not yet. Maybe if I grab the big three from Gigapower and then have the opportunity, I'll feel differently.

12. DJofSYN

DJofSYN Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Any info on weathered versions being completed?

13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I should've asked about them, because I know that the only reason I didn't jump on them was concerns over whether they'd all get the same treatment.

14. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

I have faith.

Been following Giga since the start so we've been through..
    "It's just a prototype, they're never going to actually release Guttur"
    "They're never going to release any more after Guttur"
    "They're never going to actually finish their team"
    "They're never going to reissue their dinobots"

(Pretty sure it was even Fanstoys that started the first three of those).

It took a while but I got my full set of chrome Gigasaurs and they're epic af.

So if they've started the weathered set, they'll finish them. Eventually.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    For some people, cynicism just feels good. They'd rather be right about having doubt than wrong about optimism. Companies have obviously gone under before, but the entire reason why they sell pre-orders is to judge demand. One of the pre-orders already sold out. It'd be stupid of them to not make it happen when you can just re-paint the same five molds and sell copies of each of them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And so it begins..... My first Gigapower Dinobot.

DSC_1420.JPG DSC_1421.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  17. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Nice! Hope you enjoy, let us know what you think.

18. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    While I am super happy with my red chrome Swoop, I will admit that the metallic version wings don't look nearly as 'flat' as I was worried about and actually look pretty good too.

The rumour I heard was that the chrome set was getting a reissue first, but would only include the blue chrome Swoop, not the red chrome version..... which is why I scrambled around trying to find one as fast as I could. There is post a page or two back with a link to red chrome versions available via TaoBao.

Swoop was the only one of the five that I was unsure about. I already own a set of Dinobots but a 'pick and mix' set. The rest of the team there are Planet X and FansProject, but Swoop is GCreations, which is already quite G1 and quite big, so I was a bit worried that Gaudenter would just be the same..... but he isnt. He looks more premium and attention grabbing and I am very impressed. Even the size of the box was a surprise.

Looking forward the next one now..... Slag or Snarl?

19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Now that I think of it, would ShowZ happen to know a timeframe for when GP is planning that metallic reissue to go up/release?

20. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    That was the first thing I'd asked, but all they had to offer was that it would be later this year.

• Like Like x 1