GigaPower HQ-04 Graviter (MP Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, Aug 27, 2015.

1. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

The idea of really slavishly toon accurate dinobots a la MP-36, MP-44, MP-52...is kind of gross to me. No chrome and gold/yellow instead. No thanks. I have no interest in that whatsoever.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I think I'd need to see it before deciding to go in on it. I like the GigaPower dinos and they do have great presence on my shelf. After re-watching the series I found the cartoon Dinobots to be one of the worst translations from the toys so I'm also a bit scared to see what really good cartoon versions would look like. Maybe I'd like them or would I find them way too boring next to GP? Like most everything else I'd like to see the execution before I say yes or no. Sometimes TT does allow white to be chrome, etc. so I'd need to see how they interpret the colors.

But totally understand how someone may not want to drop $200 each on figures that look like this. This is a little too toon literal for my tastes.
    upload_2021-8-23_18-26-23.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. D3athinitive

D3athinitive Active Member

This is exactly how I feel as well. Near exact replicas of the animation is not always a good thing and the Dinobots are a great example along with pretty much all the combiners. GP and FT are a great hybrid and I don't consider either being stylized.

4. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For those with YT Yun Express tracking, have you checked today? Mine FINALLY updated and shows it's in Vernon CA. It went 4 days with an update with 17track on ShowZ's store and hasn't updated for 7 days now on parcelsapp. Parcelsapp has been great since using them but they hardly ever update any with these Yun Express and Yanwen shipments. Buying stuff through a variety of stores with them picking and choosing different shippers makes me think I need a bunch of tracking apps to keep informed about my orders.

• Like Like x 2
  5. arobichaud

arobichaud Optimus said booby. Tee hee hee

Mine showed as “arrived in Vernon, us” today as well. Curious as to which end delivery service it ends up being. First time I e seen Vernon US. Usually it’s LA or Avenel for me.

6. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Same! Hopefully it's not too much longer.

7. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Whoa, I just checked the tracker for the hell of it and it said it's at my cities distribution center already and might be here today! How did it escape the clutches of the Avenel NJ Black Hole already!?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Mine finally updated to Olathe, KS yesterday after sitting way too long. Let's see if FedEx can nail the last mile or find some way to drag it out further.

Edit: and it's out for delivery. No dragging arse today.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I checked yesterday, and mine had found it's way to England. (It's okay, I do live in England.) It's been given to a local courier, apparently.

I doubt it will arrive today, but I reckon that old brontosaurus will be here this week!

10. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

Same, no idea who that courier is, tracking number doesn't work on any of the couriers I can think of. Did yours end up in Slough?

11. Captain Sideways

Captain Sideways Well-Known Member

Mine did go to Slough and has gone to a courier now too. I had a second parcel from show z coming which has gone the same route and is with Hermes now so might be them. Oddly, the first one said it would go with royal mail so I'm totally lost on who has it :D 

12. Peterson0260

Peterson0260 I stare back.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I received mine from ShowZ last night. Graviter is great. He is huge and weighs a ton. The chrome is fantastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Woohoo! The big boy showed up today! 3 down 2 to go! :D 

14. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice! Should be getting mine in the next day or two. Hopefully five more to go for me

.....that would mean they completed the weathered set!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Peterson0260

Peterson0260 I stare back.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have Slag on order over at TFS, and Grimlock and Swoop (Blue) over at ShowZ.
    I just started in this collecting last year and am blown away by the engineering that goes into these figures. I was just a kid when G1 came out and I collected many of those. Sadly I did not keep them. I wish now I had. But the amazing advancements they have made with these have been phenomenal. I only had one Dinobot when I was a kid and it was Sludge. The transformation on this Not-Sludge is so familiar in so many ways, but in the end its so much more beautiful than what we had as kids.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Yes! I checked again, this time on the parcelapp site and it have a bit more info: Courier is Royal Mail, and the new tracking number. I reckon yours is probably RM too.

I then went to RM website and put in that new tracking number (I know, I know, getting a bit carried away) and there was the same information with one extra message telling me they expect to deliver it tomorrow between 9:11am and 1:11pm!

Odd times to choose (what’s with the 11 minutes past? ) but, great!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For me these Yun Express shipments have been delivered by someone in a no name white minivan and no company logo'd shirt so I'm not too sure who they are. The final shipping label created in Vernon also doesn't have a company name. The tracking now shows it left Vernon and says delivery to local courier yesterday so its possible I could get it today.

18. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Uncle Larry's white van service. "We snatch & deliver your bois"

Mine arrived today via Fedex. He's a biggun that's for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Same here.

My Gigasaurs are perfect for me.

The way I see them, rather than being exactly toy or toon accurate, is that they're how the toys looked in my head when I was a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mks

Mks Well-Known Member

Cheers, hadn't heard of that parcel app site, arrived at Manchester MC this afternoon, should be with me tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1