GigaPower HQ-04 Graviter (MP Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, Aug 27, 2015.

1. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wish he were a head larger than the other two so far. But he still is getting purchased. Something about having them be all different sizes always clicked with me.

2. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Its not possible, the tail takes up the entirety of the inside of the legs and the legs look just fine as is.

3. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody know if they will release these guys in Diaclone colors and G2 colors. I think I would rather have these guys as another set. I am just liking the way they look a lot better.

4. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Was gonna break my FansToys-only-MP-Dinobots rule with this version of Sludge...I assumed it would be massive, but looking at the pics it's the same size as their Snarl and smaller than their Slag (robot heights).

Fuck.

Really?! A "Brontosaurus" (or Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus or what-the-hell-ever) that turns into a robot is smaller than the Triceratops 'bot?! Really?!

Well, maybe their Sludge will still be bigger than FansToys'.

About how much taller are GP's Snarl and Slag than their FansToys' counterparts?

I would've thought with so much IDW love and people pushing for Bigger! BIGGER! BIGGER!! that someone would give us a gigantic, stout Sludge. I thought wrong.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    People don't yell for bigger, they yell for scale accuracy.

And these are mps. G1 dinobots were all the same size in bot mode. Why would you expect any different? :lol 

6. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Giga have mentioned that Graviter IS slightly larger than the other's in Robot mode and considerably larger in Dino-Mode. We've not really seen many good comparisons with their sizes next to each other yet to see quite how much larger.

Graviter is going to be a lot bigger than FT's Stomp. Guttur is quite a bit larger than Sever. There's a full comparison of Sever and Guttur sizes at the following URL - http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...55397-fanstoys-sever-vs-gigapower-guttur.html

If you want a Sludge that looms over all the FT bots then he should fit in fine.

[​IMG]

Fan Toys Dinobots were designed to fit with MP Grimlock. Because of this, they've had to move away from their own aesthetic of the other bots to make a Grimlock that's different from MP. I think this is why a lot of people are having issue with it. KO Grimlock seems a little too large to go with FT but would be in scale with Giga. I don't think there's a huge issue while Grimlock is only out in the Blue-Version, but once a silver/black version is out It'll sell loads. I'm holding out for Giga's as he's gonna be a beefy motherfucker.

7. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Thanks!
    Even if that weren't the case, I appreciate the helpful response, especially in light of other, snarky responses.

I'll be watching GP's Graviter and their Grimlock.

8. Uninvited Ghost

Uninvited Ghost Well-Known Member

This is me exactly. Has anyone done a mock-up of FT-07 Stomp next to HQ-04 Graviter?

9. primekiller

primekiller Well-Known Member

Go to page 20 on this thread for side by side comparisons between the 2.

10. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There ya go.

11. Acid Storm

Acid Storm I'm Keith

It's probably not worth comparing yet since it's a prototype. It'd be pretty stupid to make a comparison now when they always revision the character quite drastically before production like they did with Guttur.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final version looks very different.

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Correct. This is print 1 that we've seen for sludge, and slag is on his second print I think, it's a little different from what they showed earlier. Plus all the change that guttur went through...
    I'd like a more streamlined Dino head (or Dino head option), I think that's my only complaint right now.

13. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Wow, sorry if I missed this, but do you think they plan to issue all in chrome? I will def pick these up to display next to fans toys if they do. That gutter looks amazing!

14. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

They're planning to release every Dinobot first in metallic version, than in chrome version.
    So we already saw how gold, red and grey differ in the two versions.

Of course Guttur/Snarl is the only one without silver so Grassor will be the first to show how they're going to manage silver parts.

15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was gonna get doubles of the FT versions of these but these guys are just killin it. Looks awesome :)  Are they going to do a Grimlock also? I forget

16. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but what is the projected height for this fella? I already have a preorder in for Stomp over at BBTS, but Gravitor is looking really good; maybe good enough to cancel on Stomp; especially since I'd like Sludge to be the largest Dinobot on my shelf.

17. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

It should be slightly taller than the others (robot mode), of course much taller than FT. In Dino mode, the spine will be more or less the same than the others I think but the nek will be very long so the head will be towering.

They stated that Graviter will be the biggest and Gaudenter, of course, the smallest, but we have no misures.

And they will do a Grimlock of course but nothing is known about him.

18. Uninvited Ghost

Uninvited Ghost Well-Known Member

Are those in scale to each other? I really should have specified.

19. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

No (nobody has got this two Sludges and Graviter is only a prototype) but one or two heads difference is a safe bet...

20. primekiller

primekiller Well-Known Member

Sorry for the bump but now that we saw a video review of FT Stomp and see what he can do, I still eagerly anticipate Gigapower Graviter, (as well as Grassor), and when they will start showing a near finished product!