GigaPower Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Feb 27, 2017.

1. piman

piman Well-Known Member

any news for the metallic version of this grimlock? is it gonna be release within these two months?

2. bokuatrf

bokuatrf Well-Known Member

GP said that Metallic is "already in production" but its probably anyone's guess when exactly it would be ready for delivery.

3. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

@piman I think a couple pages back someone got a response saying that the metallic ones are being built as we speak.

4. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no idea and did not ask gp about it as i overblown my budget last month for getting dynastron and superator. Really didn't expect superator to be released last month.

But since some said it is already in production, expect it to take about 2 months maybe to be released?

5. piman

piman Well-Known Member

then i will give it about 3 months so that i can plan my budget for it since omega supreme, jiangxing dragon, UT meg are all coming.

6. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

They are Toyworld/Zeta diorama plates. A little hard to track down of late.

7. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    I think there are ko versions too. Fuzzy memory but I think bots and bits might have reviewed them

8. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Anyone here who ordered from Baba? Is your tracking number active?

10. Stoikovich

Stoikovich Well-Known Member

Received mine today and I'm happy enough but slightly underwhelmed.
    My grumbles - The dino mode feet really ought to have a tilt, it would allow for some fantastic posing. I was also surprised to see the head doesn't have any sort of tilt either - it really lends character. I also had trouble with transformation - when manipulating the robot feet to fold and tab into the dino's lower back. It took ages to locate the right angle, and still it's not sitting entirely flush on one side. Given he's the most expensive, I was felt they've not designed it in detail quite enough.

I don't care for - the weapons (too big? I don't know, but I dont really like them), the large cylinders on his back, and the small recess for the faction symbol. I'd have liked to be able to change the eye piece between the two heads, too. I've transformed him once and chipped a small corner of chrome off the detailing on his backside. No biggie but definitly caused me to sigh....

The pros outweigh the cons: The size, heft and chrome make Grimmy a massive presence. He does look great and most of the design is spot on with (for me) the right mix of toy, comic, toon, and MP-style update. Plus, the whole team look great in both modes - they are probably the highlight of my collection.

11. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

There were. I have some of each. There's a slight color difference between the gray ones.

12. piman

piman Well-Known Member

13. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had this bad boy waiting for me after getting back from Hobbs and Shaw:
    superator bot.jpg

As someone who has neither Grinder or Reximus, this is definitely a huge improvement over MP-08. I'm glad I waited, as I didn't like Grinder's chest and never could get myself to pull the trigger on Reximus.

Heh, its kinda funny how tiny MP-08 is next to him: (the color differences between the head and thighs/fists and shoulder/rest of body is because I have Mo-Del's LED head and voice kit installed, only when I ordered it, I forgot I had MP-08X, not MP-08)
    supermp08.jpg
    I do wish his gun or eyes would light up though.

Only one issue so far- the pins on the right hand of his robot mode are loose. The pins on the middle knuckle of his index and pinky fingers fell out from gravity as I moved his arm through his normal range of motion. I was able to get them back in, but they still fall out if his hand gets jostled. But I e-mailed Toy Dojo before I started typing this up, and they responded in the middle of me writing to say they're sending a replacement hand right away (and that is the advantage to buying from a great retailer like them) That being said, if I wasn't able to get a replacement hand, what would be the best way to get those pins to stay in?

• Like Like x 4
  14. darkace

darkace Well-Known Member

Ordered from Toy Dojo on Thursday morning and arrived at my door Saturday afternoon. Toy Dojo #1 so awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

@gaseous clay on the pins I would start by taking the end of the pin in pliers and squeeze enough to deform the end and see if that is enough to add some "teeth" to the end of the pin then slide it back in. caution though so you don't put the teeth too far down the pin and they engage the other part of the finger that you want to move. just don't go to crazy on it and flatten the end, you just want to deform the end a little bit. might not be enough meat on the pin to do it but it's worth the try, especially since you do have replacement parts on the way

16. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    I havent been a fan of reximus but that cell shaded one looks too awesome!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. packetpc40

packetpc40 Well-Known Member

@gaseous clay I had the same issue with the right hand on my Superator. Pin fell off or was never there on the pinkie finger. I've requested a replacement from Baba, so we'll see what happens. Other owners may want to watch out for the same.

• Like Like x 1
  18. toysroom27

toysroom27 Well-Known Member

1E8AC3E3-DEF0-4E5D-8797-7CDE5CC80CC9.jpeg B9FADC35-C12D-4E32-8A0E-5DDA0270AD9C.jpeg

purchased from TCP 2 days ago and arrived today

• Like Like x 8
  19. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Agreeing with others that Superator is one of the better tolerenced Gigas. An impressive bunch and now wondering if I should get the throne.

All up, no issues with mine and will slap a faction on there before putting the plastic on the chest

20190804_205732-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  20. packetpc40

packetpc40 Well-Known Member