Gigapower Gigasaurs CHROME or METALLIC?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 18inchcombiner, Jan 7, 2015.

1. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just would like to know the differences. This goes for all the Gigasaurs which will probably have both options. Let's start with Guttar of coarse who will be the first.

Will the Chrome be heavier than the Metallic?

Will the Chome version look good with the FT stand ins?

Will the leg joints be tighter on Guttar in Chrome or Metallic?

What would be your choice if you could only have one of them?

Which one will look more G1 toon accurate out of the two?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no reason for this to be a separate thread from the main Guttur discussion.

Beyond that, the only difference should be in deco. There's no reason to believe there'd be differences like more weight or vastly different tolerances.

I'm personally going with the chrome, since that's kind of a G1 Dinobot trademark. Neither choice is particularly more cartoon accurate than the other, since it's purely up to your imagination what the simplified metallic yellow of the animation represents.

Beyond all that, wait for pictures of the chromed version. Your guess is as good as mine.

3. Gutts

Gutts Autobot

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    This is kind of premature. There are not even photos of the chrome version yet. Plus no need for separate thread.

Im leaning more towards the metalic paint, but I guess the chrome version might look great too if done well. We will see.

4. Harleytron

Harleytron Decepticon

chrome all the way

5. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes there is. We'll some of us are pre-ordering now so not to early to ask now but a comparison pict would help. I want to talk about Guttar & I love Guttar but I can't bc someone set up a trap against me (off-topic MP haters sunk me into a rant war & then reported me) that I can't talk on the Guttar thread.

I am asking which one is more G1 color wise? I am getting one of him either way.

6. Gutts

Gutts Autobot

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    His name is Guttur.

G1 toys were chromed. Cartoon idea would be probably more like metalic.

7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Hard to tell. If you want to differentiate from your FT Dinos, go with the Metallic paint. Then, it wont be too reflective and will have all the nice accessories. Personally I like the gold as is, but a though call no matter what, cause Dinos with Chrome look pretty amazing too...

I think either gold you chose will be ok with FT Dinos, but if you want to be more similar, then you need the Chrome... If I had to chose though, I think I would still try the metallic and see how I like it.

Worst comes, get both and sell the one that you like less. Then you will know for the rest of the team. To be honest, this might be the only way to not have any regrets and know for sure...

8. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    This thread is premature without pics from Giga showing us the chrome option.

9. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Shinny objects : ____ people
    [​IMG]