GigaPower Dino - GUTTUR (MP Snarl)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Peaugh, Feb 23, 2014.

1. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

completely agreed. this is such an imoprovement to the first prototype. if there is a nitpick its defenitelly the solar panels. even the ones on dino back should have been smaller, the biggest on its back should have been the size of the biggest one on the robot leg.

the ones on the robot leg look far too big, in dino mode its big but managable but in bot mode it far too huge. the smallest ones on the tail should have been the size used for the legs as well with the first 2 being pretty much the same size (second one being microscopically bigger) and third one just a bit bigger than the first 2.

a small nitpick on the panels is that they are also too blade like. i know a real stegasaur has these bigger blade like plates but the tf version had smaller ones and the base was shorter than the top of the panels, and it didnt go as far to the inside where the base is located.

if they could fix that this could actually become pretty much the perfect dinobot. the dinomode now is fucking great (cept for huge panels, which actually do look good in dinomode but its njot authentic and too big for bot mode).

cant wait to see sludge, such an underrated bloke who never gets any love.

loving the improvements to his feet in bot mode btw.

2. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Tangential question: I've seen several suggest that it's appropriate for Snarl to be larger than Slag. Why? I'd the impression that when the dinobots aren't depicted as the same size, the order from bulkiest/strongest was Sludge, Grimlock, Slag, Snarl, and Swoop?

3. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the reason why Sludge didn't get much love was because he was a brontosaurus. I remember growing up as a kid, the T-rex is the awesome powerful one, the stegosaurus had cool looking plates on its back like a punk rocker's mohawk, the triceratops had an awesome shield and horns, while the brontosaurus just had a long neck...

4. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I couldn't have put it any better, opinions are opinions but when people start spouting them off as facts it gets a bit nauseating. Particularly this whole "Sludge should be bigger nonsense", when he was never, ever depicted that way in the source material, in this case the G1 cartoon...especially when the same people talking such nonsense seem to be okay with their MP-10, a robot that transforms into a flat nose cab truck, in robot mode, towering significantly over their MP-11, a robot that transforms into an F-15. By their logic, this should bother them but it doesn't. The double standards!:p  i hope that school of thought never comes to the MP line, it should remain in the 'IDwhateva' classics line and those that want it should get their fix from there and leave us to enjoy slavishly G1 masterpieces!:D 

Anyway, Turnman's photoshop actually magnifies/proves what I was thinking all along, the new prototype has a squished and compressed look to him, and doesn't look as imposing or as good as the first prototype.

5. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Man those feet are an improvement!!! Looking very nice Giga.

Just incase you missed it FT's have teased doing Grimlock as well with a silhouette of all 5 Dino's.

Any way you cut it if you're a Dinobot fan and/or a fan of MP's it looks like we have two great company's delivering us figures we could only dream of a children.

6. sh002

sh002 Banned

Cool but I'm just going to stick with FT's Dinobots.

7. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Those new pics make me so happy. Now the only question is what the final QC will end up being like.

8. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

I seriously wish people would get a clue and do a bit of research about what is going on with different companies before posting here.......seriously, some of these comments are really annoying due someone not bothering to find out what is going on.......

9. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    werent stegos bigger than triceratops?

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Thanks!
    Just curious, if the dino head were grey plastic, with a coat of gold paint on the outside for dino mode, then the dino head wouldn't be as noticeable in botmode.

Other way around- FT specifically didn't do a grimlock, they told us not long after slags reveal that there was the oversize KO grimlock coming from someone else.

11. aitor2700

aitor2700 Active Member

Well...was fulfilled.
    The new proto looks like a bobybuilder,it´s disproportionate and only exceeds the first in the feet improvement.

Hhhmmmmm Gigapower,only a wish/dream .....Could you produce even if in a limited way the first prototype?

Attached Files:

12. GiGaPower

GiGaPower GigaPower toys

just a quick reply, some people mentioned that the molding test shot's head being smaller than the previous version. This is not the case, the head is the same size. I will post more pictures when I have it in my hands.

BTW My PM box is 100% full, please don't send me an private PM anymore, facebook is a better way to reach us.

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Damn. Was hoping for an autographed PM :( 

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

I really don't see what you see. At all. The only things that have changed are the feet and the angle of the tail. Other than that, its the same bot mode.

15. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the different color prototype and lighting is throwing people off. Best to wait on more pics when he has it in hand to show off better.

16. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I get these comments. The proportions in the latest proto do appear to be different. I like the brutal feel of the previous proto pic better.

However, I do also think that the pic angles are different and that many of the apparent differences are probably the result of this. So, I'm not too concerned about how the final product will look in-hand.

That said, I'm quite sure that the thighs on the new proto have been lengthened, presumably to allow for greater leg articulation/clearance for the hidden dino head. I prefer the previous, more squat look but I want good poseability too so the overall longer legs won't be a dealbreaker.

Dino mode is looking really sweet though. Awaiting the preorder.

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    No... Same length. Taller at the hip, but a trike was far more bulky

18. Donprezi

Donprezi Well-Known Member

Looking good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  19. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just like that we have 2 options for MP dinos so we can choose one over the other or mix and match to have a collection that suits everyone's tastes.

Personally I'm think FT slag, swoop, grimlock, and giga snarl and sludge.

20. NW86

NW86 Well-Known Member

So far im in the same boat as you..i want a couple that are a little bigger.