Gigantic Action Megazarak / Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Luffy, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Activision is the publisher of the cod games. They're made/developed by other outfits like treyarch and infinity ward.

2. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

Sentinal is making the scorponak. Sentinalis a Japanese Mech toy company. They have done a diecast line called Riobots, including some video game robots and Getters.

Fewture is doing the Prime and are known for their over the top detail and high prices. They have done a series of Getters, Mazingers, and other releases. Usually full of metal.

Neither are third party.

The prime will be 600+ at least.

3. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

Third party means unlicensed. These are licensed and thus, not third party.

There is no 1st party or 2nd party. I've never heard anybody refer to anything as 1st/2nd party.
    If you got an example somewhere please link me to it.

The tricky thing is that their are a lot of companies in Japan and lot of ways to get an official project going. Obviously Fewture got in on the game because their product ISN'T transformable. If it was, I doubt they'd be able to make it.

4. Roboto750

Roboto750 Active Member

Ebay:
    I think this looks cool and would look great on my shelf. Hopefully the price tag will be just as cool...

5. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You are totally wrong. No offense.

Third party does not mean unlicensed. it's what it's come to mean on this message board, and no where else in the world. The rest has already been explained in this thread.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  7. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

You can say whatever mean things you want about Double Punch :tongue:  but I have him sitting on my desk right now, and he's definitely got an alt mode. You have to unfold his stingers from his feet, and pop his scorpion legs off his back, then peg them into a different place. It's not the most... involved... transformation ever. But at least he looks like a scorpion with two tails. He even has some nice eyes sculpted onto the back of his head, so it looks like a scorpion's head when it's laid down flat.

It's kind of embarassing that a figure released in 2013 is outdone by an Action Master...

8. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

Non-taken.

I think it means that everywhere people talk about toys, and every forum I'm on.

I'd love to see an example where a company refers to their licensed product as "third party".

9. GogDog

News Credits:
    Third-party source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why License? | LIMA

The Toy and Game Inventor's Handbook Review Page

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  10. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

You're just quoting random terms and nothing that is specific to the current action toy industry.

Again, Can you produce an example where a company like Sentinel calls their product third party?
    Anyway, it's not worth arguing over.

It's an official product and that's all that matters.
    And most people in the states won't buy it because it's not a transformer.

11. GogDog

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but the toy industry does not have special terms that apply to it outside of the regular English language.

If you want to continue to use terms incorrectly, that's fine. Like I said, no offense was ever meant. But if you're going to call out others on this board for "improperly" using terms, when in fact they are correct and you are not, then you have to be prepared to be told so.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I honestly can't believe this argument is even happening in the first place, I thought it was common knowledge that when a product is made by a separate company with a liscense for said product it becomes a product produced by a third party company since the original company is not making it.

it goes to show that using the term 3rd party in the transformers fandom the way we have has made a ton of people get the wrong idea, the transformers fandom is practically the only groups that uses the term 3rd party like we do

13. hotrod5749

hotrod5749 Mildily Handsome

Ebay:
    The forums are used to hearing the term third party relating to unlicensed goods because let's face it, no such thing as an unlicensed first party. It's not possible. The main distinction with a first party and third is ownership rights. Hasbro/Takara own the copyright to Transformers and they are allowed to do what they wish with it. If they want to start calling Grimlock by another name like big Dino, they are allowed to as long as they can get the rights to the name. The third party gets permission from Hasbro/Takara to make a product based on the first parties property. However, given permission does not entail the third party to do whatever without first parties consent. Third party cannot make a toy called Optimus Prime and have him transform into a handgun without hasbro permission.

Relating to software, activision is the publisher, correct, and infinity ward is the developer. However, every game that comes out of activision for the Sony play station is still a third party game. Activision still owns the cod franchise regardless who develops it. Sony owns Kratos God of War regardless who develops the game and game is still considered first party because Sony publishes the games and they own the playstation trademark.

When Sony makes a new controller for the playstation, it is considered a first party product. No one needs to call a Sony brand controller "official licensed first party product" because it is redundant.

When Hori or Mad Katz makes a fighting stick or controller for the playstation, they are called "official licensed Sony misc." and the industry refers to them as a licensed third party, because they are. If they didn't have the license, they would be an unlicensed third party and are technically not supposed to be making products for the playstation nor can they use the Sony name on their packaging.

14. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Third Party" is a contract law term. It applies to any relevant entity other than the two who entered into contract with each other. It's not a perfect fit in this instance, but it's not terrible, as it generally means "outsider".

15. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I was told as well a long time ago. Something like this that is licensed would be 2nd party not 3rd..

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Doesn't do anything for me if this doesn't transforms...

Have fun boys. :) 

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    but that's wrong, this is an official liscensed product made by a 3rd party company (aka sentinel)

don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp

18. GogDog

News Credits:
    Whomever told you that is wrong and you shouldn't take what they say seriously.

Sadly it seems that the 1st/2nd/3rd party system is too much for this fandom to grasp.

Perhaps terms like "Made by teh Hasbro," "Ain't got permission," and "got permission" would be easier to understand.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  19. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will believe what I was told from a company before I go with what collectors are telling people it is lol so you can call it 3rd party if you like , im not trying to change your mind , but to me and a bunch of others its 2nd party :) .

Either way , im buying Scorpy to sit next to my Max and look bad ass lol

20. GogDog

News Credits:
    It's cool. My three year old niece calls purple dark red. You can't tell her she's wrong either, really. Though at least she doesn't have the capacity to know any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.