Digibash: GigaLeo's 2D Art and Digibashes

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Giga Leo, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't help myself, with the latest TFCC reveal I hope they plan on tackling the much beloved Packrat. Maybe next year?
    [​IMG]

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He posts! He posts! Glad you found SOME use of Ratty that you like ;) 

The TF Universe needs more thieves, so I'm glad you did this one.

3. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

These are awesome. Keep them coming!

4. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    you should fix overcharge, his colors doesnt match the actuall figure transformation

5. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks buddy! Haha, yeah, though I still have no plans on building a BW collection outside of Fuzors and Mutants, I'd be happy to see fans get an update of past Botcon exclusives... plus it as a fun challenge to see how this guy would look sporting blue and gray :) 

Thanks! I've got more added to the bottom of this post!

This has actually already been discussed on pages 1 and 2.

More Digibashes! This time of the Million Publishing Skids and Screech two pack. I'd love to see this set done again using the Generations mold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  6. Fallout

Fallout i can't hear a thing on the radio

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    but can they jive talk?

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    awesome-NESS! :thumb 

8. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

...ah! That minicon as their scooters is brilliant! But thanks to you I will never unsee Movie Mudflap's headlights on Gen Skids. I think that minicon trio might be gang-molded though; I'd change the orange one to the skateboard since that scooter mold already comes in orange, and have the bicycle be the odd one out; it's stuck in black-ish hues due to being gang-molded to the tires, I believe, but maybe have the frame painted silver so it could fill in as Crosscut's drone-thing. :D  And they combine into a Dual-Dimension Diplomat! ...okay, not as witty as your package blurbs, but I tried. Have I said before I love those almost as much as the bashes themselves? From "Jaws Of Nom" to "Scoot Brute Buddy", I always get a giggle out of your stuff. >w<

9. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they hung out with interdimensional Jazz, they may have picked up enough to get by!
    Thanks!
    I should probably pay more attention to what's molded with what, but I tend to wave everything away when I'm digibashing with the thought of "Ah, they'll just be painted up in the factory during production!"
    I'm glad you like the blurbs, until the impossible happens I wind up at Hasbro, it's difficult for me to take the 'action features' seriously!

Another digibash: Overload!
    I apologize in advance, the Dropshot/Overload molds is one of my favorites and I feel he fits as an update for a whole bunch of characters until a better looking rocket launching tank pops up. I'm also big on 2-packs, so this particular grouping pairs the little blue truck Overload with an homage to the Overload from Armada.
    [​IMG]

10. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Now that is a sweet Overload!

11. Matthew22 37

Matthew22 37 Cyberverse Predacons

There are so many amazing ideas here. More so than that, I love the presentation of your ideas complete with blurbs and those awesome card backs. I think it is brilliant that you added those minicons with Skids and Screech. It is hard to say which is exactly my favorite though...

I do love Piranacon a freakin' lot! It even inspired me to do my own God Neptune. But I especially enjoy the Twrecks as he was one of my first and favorite transformers. Well... I'll reserve my final judgement for later, as I am sure that you'll create more that will continue to blow minds.

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Those look stellar. I love that Sandstorm digibash.

13. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! The Dropshot mold is just incredible, and could be so many upgraded TFs!

Thanks! Yeah part of the fun digibashing Skids and Screech was getting to mess around with that Minicon! It was never one of my favorites, but I have to admit I'd be amused to see it packaged with a Skids recolor!

Once I figured out how to piece together something that resembled the Hasbro packaging I couldn't imagine presenting my digis on anything less.

Thanks! I had no idea at the time, but apparently an overseas retailer got a hold of the original bash and was using it as an advert for upcoming orders! I was unaware at the time but man, I take that mistake as high form of flattery!
    ------------------------------
    So, in another thread dedicated to discussing TFs you wished were bigger/smaller, I was talking about Torca and how I always wished his figure was an Ultra scale, or at the very least a Mega. With so many Beast Wars characters popping up in "Cybertronian forms" (Longrack, Quickstrike, a tiny version of Skyshadow), I thought it would be really cool if Torca got some of that love on a scale that befit him. Enter classics Onslaught, a mold I love as much as Dropshot! I think this would have been perfect for such a big powerful looking character.
    [​IMG]

Also, since it was already kind of done in the Wal-Mart "Ultimate Giftset", I'd love to see the fuzor Skyshadow's striking colorscheme mapped onto Classics Powerglide. Since I always envisioned Torca as the leader of the Maximal Fuzors and Skyshadow's bio kind of hinted at him being the unofficial leader of the Predacon Fuzors, I thought them being close in mold sizes worked well.
    [​IMG]

14. DEED

DEED DEED TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

this is nice too. so hard to pick. many good ideas.

15. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figured I'd combine my digibash thread with some 2D art as well.
    I was contacted some time ago to create some character artwork for KOncept Art & Toys. I don't have the proper words to express how excited I am to have my work appear as box art on an actual product! Very exciting! I've been holding onto these for awhile and just got permission to post some of the work I've done for them. First up, box art minus the text.
    [​IMG]

This particular figure is a repaint of the Oversized HotSpot originally created by WeiJiang-who are the same people producing the limited run repaint, so you know the quality will be great. Chief Fire is based on the Japanese repaint of HotSpot.
    First I was asked to do a Digibash of Hotspot in basic red
    [​IMG]
    They also asked to see how he would look in Fire Convoy colors
    [​IMG]

I love the concept (no pun intended) of having a base figure who's an homage to one character, but who can be upgraded to someone else with some extra parts. That's the case with Chief Fire, you can have a cool red HotSpot, you can have him custom painted into Japanese colors, or you can get all the extra parts and upgrade him into Fire Convoy.
    You can see KOncept's thread about Chief Fire here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Thought Screech was Diaclone colors for a second there, my heart palpitated. I'd take these in a heartbeat, though. I'd dub them Greenlight and Lancer.