Giant versus Colossus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RainbowCombiner, Nov 7, 2012.

1. RainbowCombiner

RainbowCombiner Member

I've been mulling over my christmas list for a few days now, trying to come to a decision about which I would prefer to get but I can't come to a conclusion that satisfies me. I'm looking at making my Christmas order for the year where in, like all Christmases, my parents give me money to buy my own gifts as they haven't been able to figure out what to get any of their children for years. This year I've managed to sell a few things and scrounge up a rather large pot of money and I'm debating whether to get the Colossus combiner and a few other things or just the Giant combiner.

The long and short of it is this
    Re-issue Bruticus
    Re-issue Xfire
    Warper
    Generations Wheeljack
    Prime 1st Starscream

vs

MakeToys Giant (Green)

I really really love how Giant looks and a well articulated Devastator is what amounts to a grail for me, but the other side has much more bots on it and Colossus versus Giant is a debate in and off itself. What do you guys think I should pick?

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Giant.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    If you see Giant as the better toy, buy Giant.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As great as Colossus is it seams inevitable that some company will say screw it and start a new one from scratch. I think Devastator is done for quite a few years. I say get giant now!!

Also out of boredom put all the items on your list into a cart at big bad and it and adding Generations Wheeljack and Prime 1st Starscream would cost a bit more then just giant.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    ^^^

When the man who has all possible variations of Colossus and then some recommends you to get Giant, you should really listen to him :cool: 

6. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GIANT!!!

You'll stare at it for hours! Then mess around with it for hours. Then stare for more!

Seriously, giant.

7. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I've read other threads hinting to TJ having multiples of Colossus. Just how many do you have TJ?

In my opinion I would say grab giant. Overall you get some great bots for the price. Colossus is awesome in combined mode, but still only has two really cool bots. The rest are hasblo.

8. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I love me some Colossus, but the fact of the matter is, even though Munitioner and Explorer are excellent figures, Fansproject didn't have any input when it came to the design of the other three base figures. And while they did one hell of a job making an ugly set turn into something epic, I honestly don't think they can really compare to a group made up of ALL third party designs.

That said, in a perfect world, you'd have both :D 

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have all the figures on your list (minus warper) and I say go with Giant. It's big it's green and it's damm impressive.

10. RainbowCombiner

RainbowCombiner Member

Thank you for all your input so far, I'm amazed at how many people said Giant, I really thought it would be the other way around. And on the price I'm going with TFSource so by making to purchases and using Source points the two items come out to the same price. I'll have to do some more looking into Giant it seems.