Ghostbusters Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by smangerbot, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Agree. I dont see this line lasting.

You've got Star Wars and Marvel. There should be absolutely no growing pains.

And the Diamond Dog is based on the puppet and the Hasbro dog is based on I guess, a roto scan of the stop motion dog. Looks really lame.

Diamond did give up on the ass end of their dogs, though. I dont think we ever saw that end of the puppet.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    There are growing pains because hasbro won't take design team members (least not all or the best of them) from marvel and star wars and give them to another line. Different teams work on each of the brands and each has their own growing pains when a new line starts.

3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I don't know what Kevin Evans worked on before Ghostbusters but, this almost goofy shit ain't going to snatch the collector's market by storm.

4. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    IMO the Mezco set is the best 1/12 set that has and probably will be made for some time. They cost a fair amount but when you look at your 1/12 Ghostbusters figures theirs no regret.

4C9FFD10-9A17-4717-8C9D-140B7ADF9EED.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

They look good, but the Blitzway GB figures would be the best ones IMO. Tons of detail, what look to be better fitting suits and outstanding likeness.

6. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Yeah the Blitzway is the way to go for 1/6. But for 1/12 the Mezco has some similar fine details.

7. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Are the Blitzway figures really 1/6 scale? I always thought they were 1/12 ish.
    If that is indeed the case, I'll have to agree that the Mezco ones would be the best 1/12 then.

8. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally found the Retro Ghostbusters at one of my local Walmarts today. Got the only ones they had.

20200605WMRetroGhostbusters.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have yet to see these in my area. The ones I have were Stay Puft & Slimer. They look to be in a case by themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Found Ray. The others weren't out. (*shrugs)

I have no idea why they thought dice roll hands were the way to go... 80yr Skull/Hydra hands may be a match. I'll check in a bit.

The kidney pad strap is ripping because, the straps aren't designed, correctly. Im just leaving mine, unpegged. I don't think they really thought out the pack being pegged in the back.

The wand tip is also too long.
    20200607_121211.jpg

Ill hit it up with heat, later.

The Mattel Ray did the hands, right. It just looks like Joel Murray and not Aykroyd.

20200607_130002.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

I got my GB from Target.com with the discount. Weird that shipped 2 separately and 2 together. I've been looking for the retro and so far all found was slimmer and stay puft. I probably missed out a couple of time because I found out one of the my Walmarts was putting them in the kids section. 20200607_121419.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I seriously don’t think I can pass these up if I see them. The nostalgia factor is just too strong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RobimusPrime

RobimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m in the same boat. Found Ray & Peter on the pegs, ordered Winston & Egon online. They shipped separately. As Retros go, Stay Puft & Slimer are in a case by themselves. I have yet to see any others in the “Real Ghostbusters” line.

• Like Like x 3
  14. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I found Retro Slimer and StayPuft while traveling in East TN, and ran across one single set of the four Ghostbusters last night in Fort Worth. They were just randomly laying on a shelf, didn't seem to have a proper place. So happy to have these, as I missed the first figures as a kid-- only had the first "Fright Features" set of Ghostbusters. I'd be over the moon if they reissue those, though I guess the part count might be a little high for that to be likely.

15. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Was anyone elses Venkman Alice peg glued together? I had to cut it with a hobby knife.

20200609_122843.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yes, mine was. I was looking around everywhere for some other place it was supposed to open up, and was like "huh, nope, I guess this is the peg, and I have to cut it." Weird choice.

Poor Dan Akroyd just can't get a good likeness. But as I always thought he was the worst of the Mattel GB's, I guess the Hasbro version, even with its issues, is an improvement. Kinda looks more like Seth Rogan than Akroyd, to me.

17. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I think that at least the Hasbro Stantz has a more squared forehead instead of looking like a jelly bean with big ears. You can at least Dan Ackroyd in there. Especially that first shot Scourgatron posted.

• Like Like x 1
  18. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Venkman shipped from Hasbro Pulse! I haven’t had the opportunity, due to my youth (I’m 19, couldn’t exactly buy the Mezco/Mattel/DST versions online as they released), to have any Ghostbusters figures, so I’m really looking forward to these guys.

• Like Like x 2
  19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I've seen the Retro Slimer and Staypuff at a few Walmarts but I only saw the main Ghostbusters at 1 Walmart once, and Ray was missing. So I'm still missing Ray to complete the set. I do find it odd that Ray was the one figure missing as I thought Venkman would be the first to disappear.

I've seen the Plasma figures a few times and I just can't bring myself to spend the money. I have several of the Mattel figures. These look better than the Mattel ones, but not so much better to get me to re-buy them all over again. Especially considering I bought most of the Mattel ones for around $10 a piece, when Mattycollector was dumping them. I might pick up the Gozer though.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, I ordered the 4 Ghostbusters and an extra Egon, and it seems Hasbro Pulse is shipping them each separately.