Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Ghostbusters 3)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Not their best

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We watched Afterlife tonight and it was not bad. Easily the best Ghostbusters sequel ever made, though, that ain't really saying much considering the only options are II and the female remake. It did drag on a bit and there were too many rehashes from the original film, but overall, it was a smartly done sequel where the positives outweighed the negatives. I am curious to see where they go with it, but at the same time, I'm not sure they can continue it right. Podcast was hands down the best thing about the movie.

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not really interested in seeing how many more sequels they can squeeze out of it. Afterlife was a nice way to cap it off.

I’m sure they’ll make more, I’m just pretty happy with how it stands now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and THAT leads into the IDW comics which... were over all amazing XD

As for the films go, I hope we get at least one or two more. What? I love this franchise and I want it to continue. Hell, I'd take another movie to re-establish the New York branch and then a show that follows a new franchise in some other city...

Yes, I'm greedy. GIMME GIMME GIMME.

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My review/synopsis:

Single mom of two kids moves to a her father's home in weird town when down on her luck. She dates weird local guy. Older kid finds a local girlfriend. Younger kid finds weirdo kid to hang out with. They discover a supernatural baddie that must be defeated. Take grandpa's car to take down a baddie, then face off with it at the old house. In the end grandpa appears from nowhere and saves the day.

But enough about the plot of The Lost Boys. Let me tell you about Ghostbusters Afterlife...

Single mom of two kids moves to a her father's home in weird town when down on her luck. She dates weird local guy. Older kid finds a local girlfriend. Younger kid finds weirdo kid to hang out with. They discover a supernatural baddie that must be defeated. Take grandpa's car to take down a baddie, then face off with it at the old house. In the end grandpa appears from nowhere and saves the day.

Yes, I liked the movie. Twice.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New director while last one takes a big behind the scenes role. Afterlife cast returns. Only classic ghostbuster we know returning is ernie hudson but you know dan will be there. (Even if it's just a cameo)

Back to the firehouse. Sounds like extreme ghostbusters with winston replacing egon.

‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Sequel Sets Gil Kenan To Direct – Deadline

• Like Like x 3
  9. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I heard a radio ad where Ernie Hudson told us to not use our phones while we were driving, while making Ghostbusters references the whole ad.

It’s not a problem I have, but damned if Ernie didn’t make me want to keep at it.

10. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ernie always liked Ghostbusters, but thanks to the fans, he loves it these days (I'm sure the paychecks help too). I think Christmas is a LITTLE soon, but it wouldn't be a Ghostbusters film if it wasn't shot with an insanely tight shooting schedule.

Keeping my eye to the ground about any filming taking place in NYC... and looks like I'm ABSOLUTELY going to next year's NYCC. 2 years ago, I skipped it. There was a Ghostbusters official panel I kinda wanted to go to, but hey, it's NYCC, all the info would be online the next day, no biggie... oh, they're LIVE STREAMING IT?! Cool! That's amazing... wait.... they're DEBUTING THE MOVIE I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 1989 FOR?!

The stream goes dark, I do my own version of the Vader "NOOoooooo!", building security is called... I'm not upset... I'm not upset... I'm not still upset about it... nope. Not at all.

Anyway, not gonna let that mild inconvenience happen again ^_^

• Like Like x 3