Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Ghostbusters 3)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Considering how the 2016 film turned out, I don’t think this is wise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

Thanks! I tried to parody the whole concept of a third movie, especially with Ramis being gone. It makes for a cool mock poster but I don't think the movie would work especially if Murray isn't on board.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Creed? That seems like too much to expect though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Thats really, really amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's from a week ago and not the legitimate Ecto 1. It's a collector's fan made custom that was being filmed for an unknown commercial will will also feature collector versions of things like the Batmobile, K2000 from Knight Rider, etc. likely for a car show. All cited by the same site you linked to a day after they posted that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Just adapt Extreme Ghostbusters (with Ray doing Egon’s role as the head researcher) and call it a day, damn it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even Ghostbusters 2 couldn’t live up to the original, and it had the entire original cast. Plus they did the Ghostbusters game on PS3. Plus they did the reboot. And Ramis is gone. And Bill won’t go near it.

What are the reasons to make this thing again? Money? With all this going against it, the negative press would likely tank this thing before it got to post production.

Let it go, Aykroyd.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Egon1982

Egon1982 Banned

Just let the franchise go already from film Ackroyd, i thought the last film was a complete abortion as it was my pick of worst film of 2016 and a disgrace to the GB name. Time to retire this franchise on film as it's a dead horse on film.

Ghostbusters never needed to be continued in film. They couldn't get a cast reunion together outside the video game and after Harold Ramis died any idea about a third film should have been put to rest. They had plenty of material to work with the franchise in other mediums. It didn't need saving as a film franchise. It left enough of a legacy as a pop culture icon of the 80s to stay as a two film series. The problem is film studios are too greedy for their own good and think that established franchise films coming back hold some kind of guaranteed profit margins based on brand name alone. Nobody is smart enough to look at a brand like Ghostbusters and properly and efficiently determine the best ways to utilize it based on the fanbase and the legacy it holds.

Look at Back to the future as an example of utilizing the brand in ways that don't mess with the legacy it left. They show enormous respect to their fanbase coming out with different merchandise and apparel and media over the years. They know you can't recreate the magic they had so they let the franchise live on through the fans love of the trilogy. Ghostbusters did so well with the video game. They gave their fans something so authentic and respectful to the films that it's such a shame they had to go the route they did for GB2016 in order to bank off its name. I am very thankful the new film flopped at the box-office and how it killed the franchise and sometimes it's better to kill something then let it suffer. This franchise is now like a wounded half-dead animal since the Real GBs ended and nothing else good has came out in the last 25 years with the exception of the 2009 video game and the merchandise and comics by IDW, no movies since then and other games during the years have sucked and Extreme GBs was ok show and this remake flopped at the box-office.

You just can't recapture the same lightning in a bottle like the original as the original focused on a brilliant mature intelligent script and reminded how well crafted it is a supernatural fantasy comedy adventure with horror trimmings, a solid cast of talented comedy actors who are given just enough space to subtly give wit around without undermining the world of the story. Has an edge to it in the original as the original is what i call great filmmaking.

The new version hits some viewers in the face with painfully forced juvenile Sandler (modern Sandler mind you)-esque humor, a poorly written unfunny script, poor pacing and plus no passion but money grab is. Plus none of the edge of the original movie and a lame villain who lacks the menace of Gozer and Viggo. This shows what 80's and 90's comedy did right, and what some modern comedy is doing wrong. Not to mention shooting the logo in the dick as a bad guy which is an insult to the franchise and there is no passion in this remake and just a cash-grab made by Sony. I have a few female friends who thought this remake was poorly written, sexist towards men as one of my lady friends said it's an unfunny insult to women with such man hating agenda and well i enjoyed a few of Feig's movies, i felt he was the wrong guy for this project and even he didn't want to do it at first but he had to for the paycheck and he felt out of his comfort zone as R-rated films is what he is good at and not big budget PG-13 films as after this flopped, he should go back to original stuff.

Hollywood needs to focus on making good films and focus on the new franchises like Jack Reacher, John Wick etc. not digging up some old favorite franchises and desperately sucking the dried up blood of the corpses into some focus-group approved poorly written piece of junk like Ghostbusters 2016. Ghostbusters is best left alone. They should had made Ghostbusters 3 years ago like in the 90's, and now that Harold Ramis is dead so has Ghostbusters. Studios need to rediscover the spirit that made great series/movies, not keep recyling past glories.

I hope some people here will understand what i am saying as the world has moved on and some franchises need to be dead and left alone only for the memory of the original to be seen/loved/watched by everyone for years to come on what quality filmmaking is all about and that i am right with my truth about why some series should be left alone as some would and not to recycle some past glories as we moved on and need some fresh new things for current film.

Sometimes dead is better like Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary would say and the franchise died with Harold Ramis.

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    From a studio and financial point of view, it obviously makes sense to do something with this franchise since its fan base is still strong. The problem is that the original sequel wasn't the greatest and the remake was truly terrible that they need to be very careful with what they do next. The video game was amazing and I think a good way to go is an adult animated series on netflix and try to use the original actors. If done this way, it may even be possible to get Rick Moranis to reprise Louis in an ep or two.

11. Egon1982

Egon1982 Banned

Well it's just GB needs to be retired from film and live on through merchandise and stuff, an animated show for Netflix or Hulu or Amazon is fair game and for film, i've been a fan of GBs since i was 3 seeing the 85 re-issue in theaters being one of the first movies i saw in theaters and loved/dug/taped every episode of Real Ghostbusters every afternoon and had toys plus i was 7 when i saw GB 2 opening day as i will continue to defend the sequel as i liked it but i disliked the poorly written unfunny disaster of a remake which was an insult to the franchise but love the video game and enjoyed the comics.

Do you agree Mega this franchise on film died with Ramis? i mean no Ramis and his excellent writing, no GBs, end of story.

Time to move on and try new cinematic franchises like John Wick for example which is a fresh new franchise.

12. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I’m not opposed.

I’m just not gonna count on it.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This is a new one, right? Not the one Akroyd was doing.

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

16. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Cool. I always down for anything Ghostbusters. Unlike several others here I enjoyed "Answer the Call" although I have to wonder how they'll handle the loss of Ramis.

And good for Dan for trying to continue the original story cuz Bill has always been a major thorn in getting anything live action done. We would have a had a proper 3rd movie with every original cast member years ago if not for him. (Still shocked we got everyone back for the PS3/Xbox 360 game.)

Wouldn't mind it if they based it on the IDW comics or Extreme Ghostbusters since it's a passing the torch story.

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I'm cautiously optimistic. But I would really love to have at least Peter Venkman in it. He was always my favorite, be it cartoon or the live action movies. If Bill Murray were on board, I would be hyped for the movie. But he better be as funny as he was in the 80s. Ah, dammit. His german voice actor died. I hate when someone else dubs the actors.

edit:
    I just ordered Ghostbusters: The Video Game for PS3 :D 

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  18. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    really not looking forward to all the digital dipshits claiming "VICTORY!" now that they're not making a sequel to the 2016 version.

19. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We've been burned before so I won't even bother paying attention to this until we hear casting and possible story line.

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering that it bombed, they were never going to make a sequel to it.

• Like Like x 3