Ghostbusters (2016) - Movie Discussion ONLY - Stay on topic

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hazekiah, Nov 17, 2016.

1. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw this tonight and wish I had gone and seen it in theaters. I loved almost every moment. Fantastic movie, fantastic cast. I really hope it gets a sequel.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A sequel is iffy at best at this point, but at least the new team will be getting some more love in the comics next month with the new story arc Ghostbusters 101.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It's on Starz now.
    I've yet to see this all the way through.
    Maybe one day I will.

4. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shit!

If only it could be on Cinemax or HBO instead! :( 

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I finally saw it when it premiered on Starz... and after all the whinging, I was pleasantly surprised, the GCI was pretty darn good, some good lines and the gals were good in their roles. I won't go as far as saying wish I saw it in theaters, as I just don't spend that much money in theaters anymore... but it certainly wasn't the car crash that folks kept whining about. I've seen much worse movies and ....gasp.. with men in them too. :lolol 
    Sadly, the whole 'storm in a teacup' was much ado about nothing imho.
    Just goes to show those who try to run the internetz are opinionated idiots... sometimes. :D 

"and that's all I have to say about that"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    I've watched the featurettes on the Blu-Ray and I have to say I'm surprised at how much of the ghosts was practical. Especially that subway ghost. It's hard to describe not being a VFX person, but there were plenty of actual extras running around in full costume, make-up, and LED lights.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Good to know, was thinking I probably should have purchased it.. maybe I'll wait until it's a little cheaper, but I'd like to see the Special Features....always like those on most movies anyway. :) 

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I finally watched it on Starz...yep, hated it. The cameos didn't even save it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and really think they could do something totally amazing with the sequel if given a chance.

I really like how they edited the blu-ray to have certain film elements, mostly special effects, extend out over the black bars above and below the picture frame, as if the movie was busting out of the tv, almost like 3D. Very cool effect.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I should've seen this coming, but I have largely movie amnesia about this now. I know I saw it, I had a post that really detailed my issues with it not that long ago, but it failed to engross me to the point where I largely don't remember it anymore as it failed to be memorable to me either in a good or bad way.

11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, I cannot unsee what I saw. Though I guess it's a good thing people liked it, but I can't agree. The movie had potential. That's about the only nice thing I'll say about it. Other than that, I wouldn't even let someone pay me to watch it again.

12. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Same. I watched it when it first came out on dvd and was pretty meh about it, but I've watched it twice now on Starz in the past week, and now I really just can't stand it.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon This place ain't what it used to be...

News Credits:
    The cameos were brutal, especially Bill Murray's. All that effort to bring the original actors back, and they make his character the most unlikable douchebag in the entire movie. And I'm sure Sigourney Weaver was elated to be shoehorned into a post-credits scene.

The movie wasn't terrible because the whole gender swap thing that blew up the internet for months; it was terrible because it was just poorly done in every way.

14. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

I agree. (also the "outside the letterbox" effect was part of the 3D show in theatres) I won't say it was an amazing movie by any standards, but I enjoyed it for what it was. McKinnon was pretty hilarious, McCarthy was McCarthy, though happily they dialed back the physical humor a bit, which I welcomed, Wiig was meh, but I'm not big on her anyway, she's becoming pretty one-note, and Jones was pretty hysterical, I was expecting her to be a cliché black character, but she surprised me. And Chris Hemsworth, while obvious eye-candy, was cracking me up nearly every time he was on screen.

To each their own though. I can understand others' aversion.

15. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I also really liked how Leslie wasn't a typical typecast Leslie Jones. She was the most level-headed of the group compared to the wild card Holtzmann, neurotic Erin, and overly idealistic at times Abby, and probably the kindest. Plus she was their history buff. Now granted, when Leslie got to unleash her energy we all know her for, there's no stoppin' her. :lol 

16. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

Very true. The most I saw with the previews was her scene smacking McCarthy, which was just "Hey here's a loud black lady! She's gonna be funny!" Totally misrepresented her character.

17. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I guess the kids liked the movie more than I thought, because it won favorite movie at the kids choice awards tonight. Melissa McCarthy and Chris hemsworth also took home favorite actress and actor.

I'm sure adult fans went in and voted but dang that's surprising :lol 

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    After a couple attempts I have seen more than I haven't.

A largely forgettable, regrettable, and unremarkable film.
    It wasn't even funny; the 4 leads weren't funny.

Garbage in, garbage out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Ivan Reitman Weighs In On Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters,' Says More Franchise Movies Planned

“We jumped into an animated film [after the last movie] and we are developing live-action films. I want to bring all these stories together as a universe that makes sense within itself. Part of my job right now is to do that,” said Reitman in an interview with io9.

Is the public craving more “Ghostbusters” movies, especially an animated film? That’s the big question. Reitman is betting there’s still a big outcry for more stories from the “Ghostbusters” universe. Before the reboot film premiered last summer, there were tons of rumors about a “Ghostbusters” cinematic universe combining the female cast with another franchise of people busting ghosts that starred Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt. It’s not known if the “universe” that Reitman is hinting at is this plan or a completely new one.

Reitman also has some thoughts about why the reboot didn’t do so well. “We certainly would’ve loved to have a larger hit, but considering the last film was almost 30 years ago, it really did extremely well. I think the film cost too much, frankly, and that’s the real issue. I personally had other points of view in terms of where the film should go and it was kind of a continuous conversation with Paul [Feig] about that. But Paul was the filmmaker on this one and he’s a very talented director. I wanted to give him enough room to do the film he thought it should be,” said the producer.

20. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

No it didn't.

No it isn't.

No he isn't. He's a one-note director.

So much bullshit in that statement from Reitman.