"Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by RebelMan, Nov 10, 2010.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I loved the first one, I don't see what was so bad about it, It would have been interesting to see what marvel studio's own take would have been though.. may be next time.

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While promoting his new film, Drive Angry, Nicolas Cage dropped an interesting plot detail about the currently-in-production Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. The actor told Fearnet that the film offers him the chance to play the Ghost Rider demon separate from Johnny Blaze:

"There's an exorcism scene I just did where Johnny Blaze is being exorcized," says Cage, "And then I also play Ghost Rider, who's the spirit of Zarathos, who's a corrupted angel. So it's like completely different entities. The movie is not like anything I've done before."

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Enjoyed the first one, will watch this one as well.

4. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I liked the 1st one it was a little cheesey but entertaining. I will most likely go see this one too.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

I like the part mentioning Zarathos, glad to see that this aspect of GR lore is being incorporated into the film!!

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad the second Ghost Rider movie is being filmed in Eastern Europe. Several weeks ago I've read that Peter Fonda would like to be in the second movie. Don't know if he is or not.

I've also read the Vatican will be in the second movie. So I hope it will be darker and play some heavy metal and not The Carpenters.

But I never like the idea of Cage playing Johnny Blaze. I believe Paul Walker would have been better or some other young actor with blond hair.

7. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Ironically, the first movie was very heavy and dark, but Cage himself suggested lightening the tone with stuff like that.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you think they will do what he suggested?

9. Mr. Sinister

Well, apparently they did for the first one. Dunno about the second one.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, but more villains from the comics this time.

11. Mr. Sinister

Vengeance and/or Blackout or please leave.

12. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Didn't hate the first one but I do think the casting of Cage for the part was wrong, not only was he too old, but the man's acting abilities are limited at best, unless its a comedy. Also casting Affleck as Daredevil was a bad choice. And well how Blackheart and Mephisto were shown was pretty lame too. But nonetheless, I'll give this a watch when it comes out.

13. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    The first one sounded like it was scripted by the guys who come up with pro-wrestler's catchphrases. Hopefully this fixes that. Then it may not be cringeworthy, just bad.

And while I agree Cage is a shite Johnny Blaze, I do think Affleck was a decent/good Daredevil. It was just a horrid movie.

14. RebelMan

News Credits:
    Here's the summary of David S. Goyer's unfilmed R-Rated "Ghost Rider" movie Script that was almost produced with Johnny Depp in the main role:

Johnny Blaze is a mechanic and motorcycle stuntsman that lives in Texas with his pregnant girlfriend Roxanne Simpson. One day, him and his friends steal the contents of a freight train in order to sell them in the black market, but are cornered by the police. Johnny runs back home and tries to escape with Roxanne, but a coyote gets in the way of his car and he crashes. Roxanne is mortally wounded, suffers a miscarriage and is taken to the hospital, where Johnny, who has been arrested, is told that she'll die. Then, Johnny is approached by Ambrose Starke, a Oil Tycoon that Johnny soon discovers is the Devil himself. Starke offers Johnny a deal: Roxanne's life for his soul. Johnny agrees only to discover that not only it was Starke that caused his car to crash, but also that, although Roxanne will live, it will be in a vegetative state. Forever.

Five years later, Johnny is living in Las Vegas. He has been given a coin by Starke, with an eagle in one side and a coyote on the other. While Johnny is drowning his sorrows in a motel, a woman called Nomi and her daughter, Rain, are attacked by Nomi's ex-husband, criminal Billy Ray Carrigan, who starts beating her up. Johnny senses this and spins the coin. It falls with the coyote side up (It always does, because there will always be evil in the world). Johnny transforms into the Ghost Rider, a Spirit of Vengeance created to punish sinners and send their souls to Hell, so Starke will have more souls to torment. The Ghost Rider finds Carrigan and his gang and kills most of them, however, Carrigan kidnapps Rain and escapes. The sun rises and Johnny reverts back to normal. Nomi sees this and follows him to a hospital, where she asks for his help to rescue Rain. Johnny agrees.

Johnny attempts to commit suicide in a cemitery, but is interrupted by Rain, who asks for his help. Johnny takes her mission administred by a Priest that rehabilitates ex-convicts and leaves. The interns think Rain is bad news, which is confirmed when Carrigan returns as the Scarecrow, a supernatural creature, accompanied by a pack of coyotes. They murder everyone just as Johnny changes his mind and rides back to the mission, turning into Ghost Rider on his way there.

Ghost Rider fights and defeats the Scarecrow and his soldiers. As he's about to deliver the killing blow, Johnny manages to take control of the Spirit of Vengeance and doesn't execute Carrigan, instead leaving him behind with 95% of his body badly burned. On his way out, he's approached by Starke, who offers him another deal: Johnny's soul back in exchange for Rain. Johnny refuses, saying that he'll find a way to control the Ghost Rider, as Starke claims that it's not over between them. Johnny says he'll be ready. As he rides off with Rain, we see his coin, left behind, perfectly balanced on its edge. Johnny and the Ghost Rider are now working together.

The Script ends with the reveal that Roxanne's soul has left her body and wanders the Earth, watching over Johnny's deeds and being extremely proud of him.

15. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thats pretty shitty. Ghost Rider is one of my favorite comic characters and that script just sucks, glad they never made it. As cheese as the first film was, it at least tried to incorporate a lot of the mythology into the story. I rather liked the first one so if they can at least do as good as it with the sequel then I'm fine with it.

16. RebelMan

News Credits:
    Plot of "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance":

Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage) is hidden in Europe, away from everything and everyone he loves, in hopes that this will allow him to control Zarathos, the fallen angel lying within him that transforms him into the Spirit of Vengeance know as "The Ghost Rider" in order to punish those who do evil upon others and fill Hell with their souls.

One day, Blaze is approached by Moreau (Idris Elba), an alcoholic monk from the Order of Gabriel, the warrior angel, that hires him to protect a woman named Nadya (Violante Placindo) and her son, Danny (Fergus Riordan), from the boy's father: The Devil (CierĂ¡n Hinds), who plans to possess the boy's body on his 10th birthday and use his nearly unlimited telekinetic powers to unleash Hell on Earth.

In order to aid him, the Devil enlists the help of criminal Billy Ray Carrigan (Johnny Withworth), who is transformed by him in Blackout, a supernatural creature that can drain someone's vital energy with a mere touch. The only way for Johnny to defeat Blackout and the Devil is to learn how to work alongside the Ghost Rider, effectively turning his curse into a gift.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

With filming all wrapped on this I'm eager for some type of teaser trailer attached to one of the three Marvel movies this summer.

I'd rather they wait and get the CGI right and not release something till Captain America in July rather than with Thor in May and the CGI look shoddy. The movie already has an uphill battle to win people over to the movie so pulling a Green Lantern stunt with shoddy f/x shouldn't be allowed to happen.

18. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Sounds like they're still trying to work their way up to Zarathos Ghost Rider. I'd still rather see a movie based around Dan Ketch's Ghost Rider, with Johnny Blaze acting more as a mentor. (and helping out with his hellfire shotgun)

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah Danny Ketch had a better origin story. Plus they could still keep Johnny.

20. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011