Minor/Repaint: Ghost Rider and Payback

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shadowplay, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Shadowplay

Shadowplay doesn't post often.

"Vengeance must be served...with hot sauce"

Payback was never a 'con to let things go. Every slight, real or perceived, had to be avenged 110%. It earned him no friends off the battlefield, but his tenacity in a fight was a trait that Megatron found useful. That is, until a skirmish on Earth led to a run in with a supernatural creature called the Ghost Rider. Payback's lack of discrimination in battle led to the spilling of innocent blood. Ghost Rider, as the living spirit of vengeance, subjected Payback to the Pennance Stare, which causes the recipient to feel every bit of pain he has caused another in his life. Payback experienced the pain...and had an epiphany.
    While the Pennance Stare has caused some wrongdoers to become "scared straight" and others to go catatonic, it galvanized Payback. Here, in the Ghost Rider, was the perfect personification of retribution, the ultimate balancing of the scales. Payback saw a kindred sprit of vengance. Payback sought out the Rider to become his partner. It took some convincing, but eventually, they found a mutual kinship. Payback has studied the human occult arts and can channel some of the same hellfire as Ghost Rider, but he prefers his double-sided scythe express his feelings. ("Only Mary Sues use swords," he's been heard to say.) They ride as a team, dealing out vengeance to decepticon and autobot, human and cybertronian alike. Payback would be the first to say that he's no hero, but the line between angel and demon is often a fine one.

Payback was made from TreadshotA1's "Divider" mold over at Shapeways. He was painted by hand. The figure has two swords, but putting them together into a scythe seemed more appropriate. The hellfire wheels/shield have hot glue flames.

Ghost Rider himself is made from a Mega Bloks Red Skull. I realize that Lego has the edge in plastic quality, etc. but I love the posability of the Mega Bloks figures and kind of wish they had kept the license. The head flame was hot glue again, and the spikes are the tips of nails I Dremmeled off and glued on. This is definitely one of my favorite pieces to date. Thanks for looking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Hardshell

Hardshell Well-Known Member

Awesome

3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    sweet! i love the pic with them running over loki.

4. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

that is insanely cool!
    Damn sweet mate!

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I like it.

6. nicholsG1

nicholsG1 Lord of Mini-Bots

Duuuuude I forgot megabloks had the marvel license a few years ago XD

7. Shadowplay

Shadowplay doesn't post often.

He makes a great victim, especially with those eyes. :ev: 

Thanks, everyone.

It's really funny to think of where the Marvel films were at the time and where they are now, compared with megabloks.
    Truth be told, GR was my first actual repaint. I was going to use Brimstone with him, but the size didn't really work. It was only this summer that I started putting more effort into finishing up some old projects. (Hence my sudden end of summer posting insanity.) :eek: