Ghost Hunters On Sci-Fi Channel

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ChrisLHanssen, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ChrisLHanssen

ChrisLHanssen From the desk of TBSKLF

I am wondering does anyone here watch the show and what do you think about it?

2. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Why dont you take a seat, take a seat right there"

Oh back on topic, it's alright i suppose i just dont get why they need to make everything so dark all the time when they can just put a camera in a room and see if anything moves.

3. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love that show! It gives me chills, sometimes.

4. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Ghost Hunters. Way better then that crap on the Travel channel, what's it called?

5. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its Ghost adventures or something like that.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

im a fan of the show too. they did an episode about my dad's old hotel....from what i heard.. FYI, the hotel is the Shartlesville hotel. a girl committed suicide in the attic and rumored to have been a brothel back in the day.

7. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread should probably be moved the the Movies and Television thread, but while I'm here...

If it's the same ghost Hunters show that the play on Space over here, then it makes me laugh... At just how moronic these people are.

don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in the paranormal... But if I was a sceptic, I'd be hard pressed to believe in them if I watched this show. They have them jumping around all scared just before a commercial break hits, then it turns out it was somethnig like a creaking floorboard... All the nightvision shots show them jumping and screaming at somethnig they claim is right in front of them...

Bunch of charlatans, I tell ya!

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I thought the so called "psychics" on the show had been outed as fakes?

9. ChrisLHanssen

So what is your fave episode?

10. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I have a running debate with the folks at my office if it's real or scripted. I think scripted.

11. ChrisLHanssen

Of all the things they did it can not be scripted.

12. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not scripted.

13. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Did they not have a video of them talking about a girl and they said something really funny but they stopped filming and re-shot it to make it look more legit.

14. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Even though I'm not into *reality* shows... I do like Ghost Hunters, and have been watching from day one. I really love that they investigated a haunt in my town known as Waverly Hills Sanatorium. Twice! :D  The only thing I don't like about the show is the focus on the TAPS members personal lives. I really wish that was left out of the show, and focus more on ghost hunting and the haunts.

15. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I think some of you are confusing this with Most Haunted. Ghost Hunters is a quite good show where a Paranormal investigation team goes around researching properties they are called toto determine if it may or may not be haunted in some way. It plays out more like a reality show, like a real-life Ghostbusters, and more often than not they find little or no evidence of paranormal activity, so they are not out to say anywhere and everywhere is haunted.

Most Haunted on the other hand, is an awful show that focuses on people with nightvision cams going into a supposedly haunted location where they scream a lot and go "What's that?!" which we can't see because the camera is always on their ugly faces, and "What was that noise?!" even though we never hear anything. They always have a psychic medium with them to tell them how haunted the place is and get them all riled up. It's really not intended to be real research so much as just entertainment, but it still sucks.

I believe there's also another show of this type starting up soon, but I don't know which route it's going to take.

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

As somebody who is very interested in such subjects, I like Ghost Hunters quite a bit. They seem honest, and not out to find "ghosts" wherever they can.

And yes, Most Haunted is complete and utter shit.

17. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    That's not scripted; that's re-shooting something to keep within the tone of the show.

18. Hakudoushi

Most Haunted! That's the one I was thinking of. Yes, it IS complete and utter shit. Undoubtedly. If it's not scripted then I'll eat my shoe, laces and all. With ketchup.

Ghost Hunters on the other hand is, in my opinion, the best paranormal show on Television.

Anyone remember the episode where Jason put a camera in his room the it caught the closet door openning and closing and then that glass on his table shatter? Oh! And the one where Grant did the same thing with a camera and the covers pushed up his legs from the end of the bed? Creepy shit.

My favorite bit from the show was the very first episode (I think) where they caught video of that chair in the light house they were at scooting forward after the guy left the room? That bit freaked me. OMG MOVING CHAIRS RUN! XD

19. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Most Haunted is a a load of tosh and is really meant to only be taken as entertainment, the little bit of Ghost Hunters I've seen was far more serious, and yet still quite ridiculous. I seem to remeber they had this guy on the team doing the research who said that he was this amazing expert on demons and demonology, yeah, right...

20. Hakudoushi

Yeah, he's not on very often. I usually get up to get a soda when he comes on though. He was with them when they went to Eurpoe though.