Customs: getting my feet wet

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Necrocom4, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

hey first post on the board. awesome info and ideas here. ive always thought about fiddling around with my figures but up until i found this site ive been pretty content with them just being displayed as they are.

ive always looked at blackout since i bought him and thought how cool it would be to have his rear somehow transform onto his right arm to act like his propeller weapon just like in the movie. looking at it seemed to be the exact size. this is what i came up with so far.

after taking the tail section apart i got rid of all the gears and junk for the spinning rotor gimmick. the very rear piece splits straight in half and the half with the blades has 2 little prongs sticking up inside that fit pretty nicely in between the wheel axle piece on his arm. the prongs are thin so im sure they wont last long and im thinking of cutting and adding hinges or joints to the rotor half to compress it a bit more(right now it just looks like a big helicopter half sticking on his arm). the other half of the tail end isnt doing anything and i hate having extra parts laying around so im thinking of making that fold up into his wrist cannon for the other arm. plus in his robot mode his back end looks a bit better without that chunk of tail on it.

this is a pretty basic idea. i just hope i can get to work. if i can ill try a hand at repainting him to look more like his movie self. ive never painted anything in my life lol. so far what ive done so far ive found to be pretty fun.

thoughts ideas? maybe some constructive criticism?

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Welcome aboard! Looks like you have a well thought out plan, and it's moving right along. I like the mod you're doing, and I can't see the rear, but I would imagine as a bonus the "tail" effect is greatly reduced! Good job Radicon!:thumbs2: 

**EDIT** You could have entered this in the minor mods/repaint section, or heavy/scratch if there's more to come since you have officially started the project!***

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Be sure to check out out tutorials section!

4. Necrocom4

so far ive cut the tail sections off the back end and took off the arm so i can work with it easier. that led to the discovery of how easy it would be to get his hand to flip into his arm and be hidden. gotta cut a bit more though.

i think i bit too much than i could chew with this. either that or im overdoing it. im trying to be perfect with it though so one idea leads to another and another. now im wondering how i could get articulate movement for his fingers, add a red led for his head, and possibley using a cell phone motor to get the rotor on his hand to spin with a seperate button.

Attached Files:

5. Necrocom4

glue is still drying but heres a couple of mock-up shots:

Attached Files: