Georgia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by AutobotMaximal, Jan 13, 2003.

1. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    So dawsonville Walmart is swimming in new figures I mean they got everything, and I mean everything except a galvatron

2. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    Also peach tree prkwy had 3 sharkticons idk if anyone is still looking, that was 12:00pm at the Walmart

3. MCutter

MCutter Pronounced WITH-thuh UMP-tee.

News Credits:
    I'll be in Atlanta next week and will have a couple of days of down time. Any recommendations for thrift stores, independent toy/game stores, etc, around I-285?

4. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Only one I know of just off 285. It's mostly comics/graphic novels/tabletop gaming. Google Maps

Assuming you're coming down 85, this is maybe 10 mins off the hwy. Google Maps

If you want thrift stores, we have tons of goodwill's all over the place. They're like the 7-11 of GA lol. We also have a fair number of antique malls (basically indoor flea markets). If you know what part of town you're in, or don't mind exploring, I can list some of them off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MCutter

News Credits:
    Thanks, I've put those on my "stuff to do" list.
    I'll be staying in Midtown Atlanta but as long as I've got a destination or three I don't mind driving.
    I love a good flea market. We only have a couple I know of in the DC area, and they're really more about antiques or import clothing than deals.

6. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    2nd Chance has probably the largest retro toy store around, tons of bots ->2nd-chance-toys - Google Search
    There's also a comic/gaming store in the same plaza.
    If you go up there, there's a pretty large antique mall with two comic/toy areas. One is all the way left when you go in and the other is all the way to the back right (if you go to the right and then the back, it takes you to a huge sports area). ->Google Maps
    Not to be confused with 2nd Chance is 2nd and Charles. Half of the store is media, books, vinyl, etc., but the rest is used retro stuff. Atari 2600 carts, slightly older modern mainline transformers, used xboxes, that kind of thing.->Google Maps
    Steel Collectibles is up there. I've only been once, it was a lot of early 2000's transformers and other stuff. ->Google Maps
    MadMak's is pretty new. It's small, but it's packed. Not a whole lot of TFs when I went, and it was all stuff that was out in retail at the time.->Google Maps

This place in powder spgs is a bit of a hike, but there are a couple of dudes there who sell lots of 70's-80's toys (he-man, tf, gi joe), but the rest of the place is kinda junky flea market trash. ->Google Maps

• Like Like x 2
  7. Darkman20xx

Darkman20xx Well-Known Member

This is pretty much spot on for the places I frequent. I will also add Plastic Empire in Marrietta. Madmaks has actually done alot to expand his TF section and has has some pretty good things lately. I will also say that it's that time of year that all the Ross and Ollies in the area get unexpected things so check them out too in your travels (They were selling Hasbro Masterpieces last year for like $40 bucks). There is also a store called Battlegrounds I have heard good things about in Dalton. It's about 54 minutes from me so I intend to go one day. That might be a trek for you though especially with the 285/perimeter traffic but if you don't mind the travel I would say go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MCutter

News Credits:
    Well, I think you just planned a whole one of my days. :) 
    We've got a couple of 2nd & Charles' here, too. I know Books-A-Million owns them, but I am curious to see if there's any regional difference in what customers bring in trade.
    Dalton is probably a bit too far, but I plan on hitting Ross & Ollie's & Walmart in between pretty much everything else. I hear your area had whole end caps of some figures we've only had one or two sightings of.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hope you have fun :)  Post up your loot pics!

10. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    I
    can’t add anything else other than what they already said, I think chance has the largest assortment of transformers, (especially in the backroom) however that being said, if you ever go thru South Carolina stop by Toy Federation, they have a shitload of transformers mint and new

I am hunting at the momment for a new store that sells tf’s but I haven’t had any luck, pendergrass flea market has a guy that sells them also but not a whole lot, ALSO G1 megatron is there 160$ just missing the gun

11. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

Full Circle Toys in Newnan is a great shop. Their selection of G1 can vary from sparce to great, but they always have a ton of in-package Transformers from the past couple decades.

• Like Like x 1
  12. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    Never knew about that one!

13. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    Alright guys check ur targets
    A5519F75-473C-448B-B58B-FFC83CB994D4.jpeg
    Cumming, johns creek, Marietta, and Cobb all have them, I had to ask the ppl in cumming but they got one for me and the street date is good so it sold me it, also they are on sale online! It didn’t do that in store for me but they valued it so yay!

• Like Like x 4
  14. zeros prime

zeros prime Well-Known Member

Got draculus at North point target, the website says they had 2 but someone had to get one from the back. Macy's had cyberverse bumbleswoop, and slugtron, also ss gnaw and cyberverse grimlock with trashclash.

15. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    I just can’t find a reason to buy this,
    0B75A920-22E4-4E19-856E-B3A043BCDDE0.jpeg
    but these are at peach tree prkwy and dawsonville if anyone wants it

• Like Like x 1
  16. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He was on their BF sale for 14.99, so I canceled my [email protected] and he'll arrive today... I think he'll look nice with unicron!

• Like Like x 1
  17. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    Idk man like I don’t got a unicron so I’m just kinda like, he’s gonna be messed with like one time and that’s about it lol, thinking about going to chances or visit a new store, not sure yet

• Like Like x 1
  18. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think scourge and the sweeps had the "reformatting" scenery backdrop... would look great with that too. I dunno if you're a display guy or not hehe.

Maybe Chance still has that armada uni in the case... :D  I was up there a few days ago... I can't wait to see what they fill up the other side of the store with.

19. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    Idk, I’m gonna head up there I’m bored as hell rn, and yea it would make a nice piece now U mention it… shit lol idk maybe I should go back and pick one up :p 

20. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 KMI Designs

News Credits:
    @ph4zed i love you man
    54D7A6B0-A6AF-41E4-AFB5-4833A0C6EFE3.jpeg
    I don’t got a sweep yet but when I find one ima use that background, this works really nicely tho!!!!!

• Like Like x 2