Georgia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by AutobotMaximal, Jan 13, 2003.

1. ufjason

ufjason Well-Known Member

Yeah, mak can go suck it...

• Like Like x 1
  2. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Yeah not a fan of these stores gobbling up local inventory and reselling them higher. I think in my area alone there’s killer finds, steel collectibles, maks, 2nd chance.

3. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

I don't mind paying a $5 markup at Steel if it means I don't have to run all over town.

4. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I definitely agree with u guys I think steel may be the one store that I think has fair prices rn, got a pristine bW tiger hawk from him for 65$ when he first opened I just don’t have much time to go up there though

5. ufjason

ufjason Well-Known Member

They're legitimate businesses, they can order product directly from wholesalers or Hasbro themselves. These store exclusives are designed to drive business to those stores. Very frustrating when you can't find these figures because alternative retailers are just grabbing them to mark up. I would definitely not patronize any place that does that and hope others would follow suit. Rewarding bad behavior just emboldens them.

6. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Well-Known Member

Exclusives not withstanding, these places likely couldn't meet wholesale minimums to order directly from manufacturers and are relegated to purchasing what's available from Diamond (if the shop is also a comic shop). If you want exclusives in this day and age, you have to out-hustle the hustlers. I feel fortunate to have all these shops in my area and will patronize all of them. If something isn't priced to my liking, I just skip it rather than get outraged by it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    I buy all my stuff online now. Just don’t think it’s good for us as fans as the hobby that’s all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thlinux

thlinux Kernel Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kingdom Commander Rodimus on the shelf on at the Hwy 17 Walmart in Savannah.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen Worlds Collide in middle/south Georgia? Specifically Savannah, Warner Robins, Brunswick, or Valdosta. Target is still playing the one at a time game online and inventory checks so far haven't shown them anywhere around here but you never know. Target's website now shows the set as not sold in either Savannah location when it first showed only one.

10. thlinux

thlinux Kernel Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No Worlds Collide yet. I've been in Brunswick and Savannah Mall Target. I haven't checked the Target on Victory yet.

11. blastoff2334

News Credits:
    No new transformers, with t wrecks shelf warming lol
    269F961E-8971-45D7-B14A-BD142B49AB37.jpeg

12. Darkman20xx

Darkman20xx Well-Known Member

To Maktoys defense, I can tell you that a lot of his inventory has come from trades, and that's what's driving the price in store. For example, he didn't get that Runabout from retail directly, he paid who sold it to him a percentage of the online selling price average. All these stores have to make some kind of profit so you can either sell your item online on your own or get the quick cash going to these guys without all the fuss. It may be because he is new but right now he is giving the best percentages because some of these stores out here wont even do 20% of the ebay selling price. As far of the markups for things he gets at retail......I just paid $35 for the MOTU Origins Landshark which is only about a $5 to $10 markup. Being that I have never even seen one in Walmart or Target I'm not complaining.

Not affiliated with any of these places but I feel like if it wasn't for them I would have quit toy collecting all together because you can't even count on online sites to get your stuff without issue.

13. Darkman20xx

Darkman20xx Well-Known Member

Target in Acworth has one Buzzworthy 4 pack on the shelf. They also have Mondo Gecko and the Mutagen man guy for NECA Turtle fans.

14. blastoff2334

News Credits:
    May have to take a trip to mak tommorow, I need a wingfingerrr

15. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I just bought 2 MOTU land shark for my kids. It retails for $29.99 and I see preorders online for $31 dollars. Paying $35 to get it now and in-person is a good deal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I don’t know if T-Wrecks is exactly shelf warming but I know my local Target is getting in a lot of new shipments of T-Wrecks. One day I saw 4 Twrecks on the shelf. Next week they are gone. Then days later I see 1 on the shelf. A week later I see 4 more on the shelf.

it seems T-wrecks is the only new transformers my local Target is getting in while rest of entire section is empty. They have gotten at least 3 shipments of it in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. blastoff2334

News Credits:
    Idk I think the target exclusives are gonna be easier to get ahold of Bc this one seems to be here almost everytime I come in

18. Hooper_X

Hooper_X i buy characters not collectibles

T-Wrecks being in the "nerd loot" section of the store is an interesting decision.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Druid Hills target greatland is swimming in twrecks too

20. thlinux

thlinux Kernel Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was at the Savannah Mall Target last night. They had new stock of Kingdom Voyager Inferno and Dinobot and they still had some of the new Buzzworthy re-releases. No new waves of anything though. The tiny Walmart across the street didn't have anything.

• Like Like x 1