Georgia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by AutobotMaximal, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Havent been around in a while, but I found a store in the North Metro Atlanta region which has DOTM voyageur and deluxes. Too broke to take advantage, so pm for location.

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    TFW member "lethal injection" sent me an email that he'd snagged 5 DOTM toys in the Atlanta area, and with the last posts from tigermask and chalice I think we have confirmation that stores are either ignoring the street date or the embargo has actually been lifted.

My local Walmart and Target stores have marked prices down on all their TFs but Generations deluxe figures, so check your local stores to see what's left. After this weekend, you'll be lucky to find any left. I read in another thread that someone snagged a Wreck-Gar for $7, but it was either a sticker-priced error or the guy is just BS'ing.

Also check the Men's Apparel section at your local Walmart for a T-shirt display with three new TF shirts, priced @ $7.88 each. I posted pics here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...rchandise-sightings-thread-2.html#post6004606

3. zeros prime

zeros prime Well-Known Member

Northpoint target now has ppc wave 3 deluxes on clearance for $4.98

4. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Thanks to a tip from my buddy last week, I picked up DOTM Leader Sentinal Prime from Target in my area and left the Bumblebee for someone else. I was only able to get it, because it actually rang up in the computer. If it wouldn't have, I would have had to wait until this weekend.

5. D-kun

D-kun Well-Known Member

Spotted a Kup and Scourge finally. Picked up the Kup for a buddy though.

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wal-Mart by the Sam's had Kup, 3-4 sweeps, most I have seen at once.

Rome ROSS by Kroger still has 1 Vamp and 1 Rage 2 3 pack Mars Troops as well, 1 12 inch snow guy not sure what line he was from.

No restock at all since I have been there twice over a period of time.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    A walmart (not sure which one, on account I don't live there and are unfamiliar with the adressses.) in Valdosta is overloaded with DOTM merchandise. Every first wave deluxe we've seen. Steamhammer and Dinopope were there. And a lone Tuner Mudflap waaaaay in the back. XD The TRU (one beside a TJMaxx) I went to there had pretty much nothing. Animated Cybertron Ratchet and Ironhide, but not much else.

8. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well, the flood begins.... after up close looks, seems I will be saving A LOT of money this go round...

Winder WAL-MART
    [​IMG]

9. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So quick inquiry, have Grapple, Lugnut, Windcharger, the 6 G1 Legends, Warpath, Wheeljack, or Thundercracker been released yet? With the crappy distribution in GA, I'm wondering if I missed out or if they haven't been released. I know Windcharger may or may not have been released (I've seen enough US sellers on ebay to think he may have been released), but the rest I'm not super sure about???

10. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Of the ones you listed only Wheeljack, Thundercracker, and Warpath have been released. The RTS Legends, Scouts, and Voyagers weren't released at retail so if you don't get them online your SOL.

11. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm guessing BBTS = best place to go even though they are overpriced??? Or are there cheaper stores carrying them too?

12. Deathx360

News Credits:
    You can try HTS for RTS Voyagers Lugnut, Strafe, and Deep Dive. BBTS has the set of 6 Legends for pre-order at a decent price and they have a pre-order for the first wave of Voyagers for $75 which unless you get lucky and find Grapple on HTS may be your only way to get him but of course that means getting Lugnut and Strafe also. Finding Windcharger at a reasonable price is impossible now. You can also pre-order Thundercracker, Wheeljack, and Warpath at BBTS for $45.

13. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. All I can say is damn you Hasbro for your crappy distribution and even suckier online store!!!

14. Deathx360

News Credits:
    A lot of the fault this time is not so much Hasbro, who does share some blame, but mainly the retailer (I'm looking at you Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target). They haven't ordered much in the way of Transformers this year holding out for movie toys. Even then my local Wal-Mart has only one case of Deluxe figures and some Cyberverse stuff at the moment, the next town over had a pallet out but only one case each for everything, and one hasn't even started the reset yet except to put the reset sheets on the pegs. If by Monday all they have is just one case of everything, if that, I may just have to ditch retail and wait until everything is in stock online.

15. Kripp

Kripp Well-Known Member

After going thru a rough couple of weeks I splurged a little and picked up some of the DotM stuff from a local Walmart. I picked up sentinel prime, voyagers optimus, megs, shockwave and the helicopter, deluxe skids, bumblebee, sideswipe, jolt and starscream, cyberverse ironhide and sentinel prime and the human alliance three wheel bike with spike witwicky. Sentinel is pretty cool and I don't get the reviews that said he had a rubber head. He has no problems holding his word but he doesn't hold his shield very well. Optimus is pretty Meh and his bot mode is really Meh. megs is all kinds of kick ass, shockwave isnt bad but not great either and the copter guy is impressive in both modes. Pretty impressed with the deluxes I got. Jolt is worth picking up as is starscream. Bumblebee is almost the same as before. Sideswipe still has back kibble but cool if you like the character. Skids, tho I don't like the character, is pretty cool as well and done better than the last movies figure and worth picking up if mudflap is done well also. The cyberverse guys are pretty neat. Ironhides right arm socket is loose and doesn't like to stay on. The human alliance guy is ok but not great. The mech tech weapons are kind of hit and miss but not too bad. Would've preferred full size bots over the weapons tho.
    Don't know when ill be able to get anything else but some of the other deluxes look cool and that voyager ironhide, tho tall and lanky looks cool too. Would also like to snag a cyberverse prime with trailer but gonna have to wait a bit on anything else new.

16. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Someone sent me this link in regards to Grapple.Aside from HTS.He is available for Pre order.Though they are saying may 17th.

Reveal the Shield: Solar Storm Grappel

17. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Yesterday:
    Waycross Wal-Mart:
    Has sheets up of reset but haven't started yet. I doubt they will have DOTM Monday unless they rush through today.

Hazlehurst Wal-Mart:
    Had some stuff out but one case of Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader class along with some others on a pallet. Leader case said wave 1 revision 2.

Today:
    Baxley Wal-Mart:
    Have one case of wave 1 Deluxe, Cyberverse singles, the Starscream and Bumblebee base sets, and something else like the battle bumpers or something. What I find aggravating is that they removed the Leader class price tag and put some Buzz Lightyear toys in it's place (some of the clearance toys are right next to the Transformers). I'm not expecting much out of this Wal-Mart tomorrow.

I've never heard of them before. Almost $30 for one but if they are reliable it may be worth a shot for some. I was lucky and got mine on the second round of pre-orders from HTS.

18. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I had heard that stores weren't ordering them, but Hasbro could have released them sooner or later and avoided the movie rush altogether. Hell, they could be selling them directly from the site in large quantities, but that doesn't appear to be happening. It's just a sad situation. Too bad GA TF'ers haven't gotten together to do a group buy...

19. KingofGao

KingofGao Member

Marietta Walmart:
    Fully loaded with the first series of DOTM deluxes and Human Alliance as well as voyager Optimus. Road Buster and Crankcase are looking excellent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped by the local WM just now before work. It was a bit disappointing. I wasn't going to be able to get much before payday anyhow, but there was only one deluxe Starscream and no legion class toys (the only things I was seriously considering getting today at tuis point). There were no leaders (they still hadn't cleared some Thor crap out of where the leaders would be), no voyagers, no large HAs, and no CV playsets. Also, for some reason, though there were plenty of CV commanders, none of them were Sentinel Prime; just a lot of Optimus, Megatron and Ironhide.

I ended up not getting anything. I was really only thinking about getting a legion class toy this morning, and obviously that wasn't an option. I may get one or two things before payday at the end of the month, as I need to spend money for my son's birthday first.