Georgia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by AutobotMaximal, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Kripp

Kripp Well-Known Member

I ordered and received the Battle Ops Bumblebee from Amazon. WOW, this guys is kick ass. A few minor gripes but for the most part hasbro knocked it outta the park. I highly recommed you picking him up if you can spare the cash.

I thought the arm/cannon gimmick would be lame, but its actually really cool.

Still looking for a Thrift and also the new At At. If anyone sees either in the north ga area, would appreciate a shout out about it. :) 

2. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I was also was greeted with a few new figures today. Drift and Thrust showed up in the mail. Pretty cool figures.

No real surprises with Thrust..as if you have had one classics seeker you've had them all. Still nice to pay 12.99 for this guy instead of 80 bucks for the Henkei version. Thrust has always been my favorite Seeker. I also really prefer the paint job on this release. Drift is cool, and now I'm pumped for Blurr. My only complaint could be that the figure unfortunately has kind of a boring transformation. I was expecting some impressive engineering, but the transformation is not as complex as I had hoped. It's pretty straight forward, but still a cool figure.

On a side note, does anyone know of any comic book/collectible mom and pop stores, around Ga that might sell Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece figures? I'm trying to find a way to get a Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Predator without paying an arm and a leg.

3. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I didn't even see one of those at Botcon.I love this series because they stand in really well with my GIJoe collection. I'll be checking out Nrth Point TRU this afternoon I'll post up later if they have anything good.

4. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I pointed out to some of the Hasbro designers that the HA Mudflap they had on display was the ONE HA Mudflap I've ever seen.

Luckily, Thunderous Iron Moose over on the Allspark hooked me up with one in Canadian/trilingual packaging a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, it's pretty common in Canada (and, actually, the ebay prices aren't so bad anymore either).

5. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Im on eBay way too much and I've never looked for one I'm going to have to check it out.
    Tru was a dissapointment but they have continued the buy one get one sale and now you can mix and match that promo with star wars toys. Picked up the new dlx bumbler and an animated ratchet. Tru did have one of each left on the 5 pack pcc's. Only figure I have to have now is Drift

6. Vengecore

Vengecore decepti-jerk

Ebay:
    1x Seaspray at BH TRU as of 1pm today.

7. Kripp

Kripp Well-Known Member

Just ordered Drift from Wal-Mart.com Hurry while he's still in stock! Most of the new stuff is there as well.

8. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sold out....

9. Kripp

Kripp Well-Known Member

Hey Proto,

Where in Ga are you? I bought 2 and don't know that I'll keep the other. When they come in if I decide I don't want the second one, I'll meet up with ya or send it for cost plus shipping if you're interested.

10. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PM'd
    And thanks for the heads up on the walmart figs! Bought 3 out of the 5 (only lack Drift and Seaspray)

And BTW, has anyone seen Drift in Walmart anywhere? I ordered the other figs off Walmart.com, but it says "not sold in stores", but who knows if that's really true or not.

11. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nada at the Kennesaw TRU, Walmart, or McDonough or Hudson Bridge Road Walmarts.

12. robo_rob

robo_rob I like Pepsi.

I think, Protostar8, we've been crossing paths :p 

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Smyrna TRU:
    1 Seaspray
    8 Animated Arcee
    wave 1 of PCC
    2 Battle Blade Bumblebee

14. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We very well may have been. :) 
    Too bad there was nothing in the path worth finding though...haha

15. robo_rob

robo_rob I like Pepsi.

Eh, I've found some PCC and HFTD toys at TRU in Kennesaw, haven't bothered with the Morrow TRU which is 10 minutes away from my house. OF course nothing at Walmarts.

16. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I hardly ever go to the Morrow TRU (about 20-30 min from me b/c I live further south). Morrow just isn't a safe place to be honest and I haven't found anything good there in a VERY long time.

17. robo_rob

robo_rob I like Pepsi.

What town are you in? Have you joined the GA Transformers fans list?

18. Kripp

Kripp Well-Known Member

Got my Drifts in from Wal-Mart today. Damn employees just shoved them in a box that was too small. Cards bent all to hell. Oh well. He is a pretty cool bot tho his transformation is really simple. Anyone found the Black target exclusive Mark IV armor spartan from Halo?

19. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man.. the Mville WM has just now put out the ROTF deluxe wave with Lockdown in it. Might be going to the Macon/WR area tomorrow; if I can, I'll check out the TRU, or at least the Macon Target.

20. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Don't feel too bad. I check Jesup, Waycross (sometimes Hazlehurst on that trip if I have time), Vidalia, and Douglas (hit Hazlehurst also since it is on the way) picking one at random more or less each weekend plus Baxley almost daily and have only seen that wave a few times. The Baxley Wal-Mart just put out the first N.E.S.T. wave just a week or two ago.

Hopefully Wal-Mart will reset soon. All I really need at this point are HA Jazz and the new Scouts (I have given up on HA Mudflap and Deluxe red Rampage and Evac for now).