Geoff Johns & Gary Frank off Action Comics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Switch625, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

It's official. There's an interview with Dan Didio on Newsarama that says Geoff and Gary will be leaving Action Comics (which will no longer feature Superman in favor of Flamebird and Nightwing) and will then be doing this decade's version of the definitive Superman origin. I just knew Action Comics was too good to last. In Geoff's and Gary's hands, Superman has never been better and I'm extremely disappointed in DC's decision to remove them from Action Comics. I can only hope that after Superman: Secret Origin, they'll continue doing something with Superman. Their collaboration on that character is just too good to break up.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I give Flamebird and Nightwing a dozen issues tops before Superman comes back into Action Comics. Action Comics is Superman's book.

Pity to see the team going as well, I've enjoyed this last run more than some of the other stuff to come out.

3. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

So, does that mean The Question will be in Detective Comics from here on out as well? Seriously, DC, what's with the unprovoked status quo change that seems to not really work out so well?

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Theres a rumor that Nightwing will turn out to be connor(he did have taktile telekensis), so they can get around the superboy issue. Dick will become Batman in the meantime. Flame bird will probably turn out to be Linda. Rumor has it Geoff may be helming a new Legion series after 3 worlds, but they can't announce it or they will reveal the ending of 3 words. I'm betting on a mixed legion from various generations.

5. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

So now there's 2 Nightwings running around in the DCU.

Who will keep the name, Dick Grayson or this new Nightwing? hmmm :inquisiti 

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Well, if the new Nightwing is indeed Connor, it's possible he may be the one hanging on to the Nightwing identity for the foreseeable future. As for Dick...well, given DC's current plans for a certain Dark Knight, I suspect Dick may end up donning the cowl before too long. I mean, if Marvel actually has the cajones to kill off Steve Rogers and put Bucky Barnes behind the shield, this could be DC's excuse to counter that AND to circumvent the Siegel/Shuster party's Superboy lawsuits.

As for Action...bah. Superman will be back, but I doubt Johns and Frank will, which ticks me off.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Action comics is Superman...at least when Hrecules took over Incredible Hulk, they changed the title. I see the sales going down when they do the switch.

Since the two great is leaving, there's no point in continuing the title after New Krypton, good cause i need to drop a title or two anyways.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Yes but after that the pair will be doing a Superman origin story mini series you will probably want to pick up.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i plan on picking up that mini, and as long as the stories are interesting and relevant, i will continue to get action...hopefully it'll be like booster gold, where johns laid groundwork, and other writers have done good things...but we'll see...