GenZhao aka KOToys.com aka acetoy.net

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by TheMonarch, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    got a sieswipe sideways set from mike definetly gonna get from him again

2. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    got a botcon pre-release skyquake from him a few days ago in the mail....awesome and trouble free transaction as usual!

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got mini Predaking, a working Meantime, and the Thomas combiner...great items, well packed and faster than I have EVER received anything from China. Will buy from again, even though my wife may murder me for buying more stuff

4. wong004

wong004 Member

Ebay:
    GenZhao

Obviously this is gonna sound weird since everyone's been harping praises on the excellent product and services of GenZhao. But just thought i should share my recent experience with everyone in the forum as well.

I've just made a few purchases (4 combiners) with GenZhao a couple of weeks ago and made payment via paypal. All was well and i was given a tracking number for which i was able to track the status and location of my parcel online.

However, when the parcel reached my local post office, it was somehow stuck there and upon query, i understand that it was missing the address label and so the local post office do not know where to send the parcel to.

I subsequently tried to contact GenZhao via email in hope that he will be able to rectify the error by getting china ems to send over the address label but there was no response from him at all over a period of 5 days.

This is quite disappointing as i was intending to give one of the item to a friend as a gift but i am now unable to do it. Moreover, my parcel currently now still stuck in my local post office and god knows when (if at all) it will be sent over to me. I was told by the post office that if they do not receive the address label, the parcel will be sent back to china, to the sender. damn.

This is definitely not in any way a personal attack on anybody. But i guess i just want to voice my disappointment and provide a feedback on which all future buyers can gather before making any purchases.

5. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Just received my ROTF SideSwipe and SideWays today, and they came in great condition. Both of them were packaged really well, and I'm glad that I got them both for the LOW price of 50 bucks. 2 Pre-release figures for that much! Great guy, I will be buying again!

6. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received mini-predaking among others...packaging was a little damaged but items remained intact. Shipping was superfast from China, took a week. Sometimes hard to reach this busy guy, but he does come through as promised. Will buy from again.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Helped out supplying a mass load of KO Thomas The Tank Engine combiners. Legend!! :D 

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a KO Soundwave, great service!

9. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    I really wish I could be adding another good review on here for Mike like most everyone else, but that's just not the case.

On February 15th I paid $135 for some KO binaltechs. I am not a rich person, so that is a lot of money to me. After repeated attempts, I finally got an email from Mike with a confirmation number on April 2nd - a month and a half later. Not good. With this confirmation number, I was able to find that my package had been sitting at my post office for a month.

This part is not Mike's fault: My post office claims they tried delivering the package to me and I wasn't there to sign for it. They didn't deliver it to my leasing office like they do every other package (don't know why), and they never gave me any sort of notice to let me know this package was sitting there (also don't know why). They would not re-deliver the package, so I had to come pick it up, and by the time I could do so, on April 8th, I found they had sent it back to China that very morning.

It has now been a month and a half since this package was supposedly sent back to China. The last email I got from Mike was 21 days ago, saying he would look into it. He has not replied to any of my emails since then. He still has my $135, and I still have nothing.

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Overall a good transaction. Bought the movie Seekers off of Mike and they arrived in good time.

11. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    Update: EMS tracking shows the returned package was received on April 13th. I sent the following email to Mike on Saturday:
    "It has been over a MONTH since you got them back. PLEASE either re-send the package or refund me my money. This is ridiculous."

...STILL no reply. When should I just start considering this to be stealing??? I don't know if he is just ignoring my emails or what.

12. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

Great communication, anytime

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Items received in EXCELLENT condition.(From KOTOYS) Please buy lots from this guy, so he can continue getting the coolest and weirdest knockoffs (and prerelease stuff too)

14. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    Latest update: Still unable to get any replies from Mike, still no sign of the bots I ordered, and he still has my money. Since I paid more than 45 days ago I can't open up a PayPal dispute either. It looks like my only choice is to keep bugging him in hopes that eventually he'll actually re-send the package to me or give me my money back. :( 

15. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    Update: After pestering him on 3 different email accounts and 2 different forums I finally got him to reply - Apparently even though the tracking says he received the package that was returned, he still has seen no sign of it. Regardless, he has agreed to send me another package... we'll see if it actually makes it over to me!

16. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    10/14/09
    Final Update:
    A quick summary instead a long sprawling wall of text. There were some minor issues, but we've worked it out and smoothed things over. In the end I got what I ordered (Goggles Flak and Banzai-Tron) plus some extras, and now we're cool.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  17. Evertransformin

Evertransformin Well-Known Member

Hi there, giga leo and cryonaut. has he gotten back to you as yet? I order and paid for some items from him and now he's gone ghost with my money. I've seen he's been active here on tfw2005 as well as his KO forum, but he just seems to be ignoring me. Its really frustrating and is starting to piss me off.

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EDIT: Update: I received the missing Ransack, and the head and feet for Rampage today from Genzhao (oddly without any emails before to let me know he sent them).

So I will retract my negative feedback, GenZhao does deliver what he promised - still, he's a "handle with care" material.

I see I'm not the only one who is forced to post negative feedback... I have been on this forum for 5-6 years now, and this is the first time I have to resort to this...

I ordered tons of toys (around 300$ value) from him, mainly because a lot of my fellow HUngarian collectors joined in. The toys arrived without delay, that wasn't the problem, there were numerous:

-The cushioning was non-existent, and therefore KO Tantrum from Predaking had his head broken off when arrived. I was willing to accept this, seeing as this is a KO.

-One ROTF Ransack (7$) was missing from the package.

-The biggest problem... ROTF Rampage (20$) arrived as seen here:

[​IMG]

YEp, and he was packed in BULLDOZER MODE, so it was NOT the postman twisting its head off.

-I emailed GenZhao, and after about 3 emails and a week, he got back to me saying his girlfriend will find replacement parts for Rampage. I asked him what about Ransack (more concerned, as it was for a friend of mine) - no response.

Sadly, I had to leave on vacation, and when I got back, the deadline of requesting my money back by Paypal has passed. I warned GenZhao a week ago, if I do not hear from him, he'll get negative feedback. Well, no response.

So, overall - he's a totally irresponsible seller with very bad communication. He might have good prices, but (just like Wheeljackslab), not worth the extra trouble you go through (at least Wheeljack, while he always forgets one or two item from my packages, always refunds me or tries and replaces the missing part/toy). Steer clear of him.

EDIT: I have a feeling all the missing parts (I see Giga Leo got a Leozak missing foot too) are because he sells stolen toys, ripped from their boxes in some chinese factory. Sometimes the thieves have to hurry and the twisty-ties rip some parts off... that'd explain it, as well as the lack of packaging which he always offers to exclude (and even did for toys where I asked for packaging to be included). Also, for the 20-so toys I got, NONE had instructions included.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
  19. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    Update: After much pestering at both his [email protected] email address and PMs on the KOTOYS forums, I was able to actually get a message that he has finally re-sent my package, and even provided me with an EMS tracking number. EMS tracking shows that it is on it's way. I'm very excited to finally be getting (hopefully) the items that I paid for almost HALF A YEAR AGO. :p 

Will update again once(/if) I get the items!

20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update: I received the missing Ransack, and the head and feet for Rampage today from Genzhao (oddly without any emails before to let me know he sent them).

So I will retract my negative feedback, GenZhao does deliver what he promised - still, he's a "handle with care" material.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.