Genuine Siege Starscream running change variant found

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Aug 5, 2019.

1. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    I am also very picky about the faction symbols, and I personally try to avoid the movie version...

So the only way to make sure I'm buying the new version is buying it with Springer? not fair...:( :( :( 

2. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    This guy finally showed up near me (Vancouver area).

I didn’t know about the faction symbol change or the chest, just assumed we’d get older stock like we usually do.

Chest plate is tight, doesn’t fall off at all.

I personally don’t get fussed too much about faction symbols, but I definitely prefer the sleeker modern/movie version over the G1 style that this one has. ‍♂️

3. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    It’s not a two pack. They are just in the same wave.

4. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Well-Known Member

If it’s the one that ships with Springer, then the majority of Screamers in the UK are the fixed version, as Smyths got that wave

5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering how nearly invisible the logo is anyway (since it's not silver or white backed) and it just blends in with the battle Damage - I'd never have noticed the logo difference and it's not a distinction I care about anyway.

6. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Naturally the one I got from Amazon in late Sept has the original run logo on it, but it was worth chancing it given that it was $7 off. I might have to grab Thundercracker while he's down to $25 there to complete my set (sans Redwing).

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hard for me to tell which symbol mine has BUT I have noticed red chest panels with gaps between the red panel and grey hinge. The copy I bought doesn't have those gaps and the chest has yet to pop off despite me almost forcing it on accident when transforming. I think mine is from a later wave since I got mine after Thundercracker and Springer started to appear alongside it more often around here. Also when I got mine, I noticed some longer mouthlines angled either left or right rather than a centered mouth line that was common before. Intentional paint variation? Makes my copy look like a mischievous asshol-ish Starscream so I'm okay with it, rather than tr Jay Leno smirk Thundercracker has. Like mine looks like Megatron put him in a corner and Starscream is grumbling or something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found one of these that appears to be a transitional piece. The wing on his left side appears to have been made with the corrected logo, but the wing on the right appears to be a first release part that shows evidence of undergoing a removal process prior to replacing the old logo with the new one. The inner logo appears to have been removed with a chemical that smeared it into the lines of the molding, and the outer logo was scraped off. It looks like they tried to clean it up some more once the new logo was on and removed one of the "ears" of the logo. I am returning this to the store since it looks quite bad. decepticon1.jpg decepticon2.jpg