Genshin Impact - Gacha Waifus and Adventure Gameplay

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot Burnout, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    30 pulls and I just got weapons each time.

How. HOW.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Just did a 10 pull last night and the only thing even remotely worthwhile was a single Flute which I simply used to bump up my existing one to R3.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy to say that I misjudged Ayaka's simplicity. While her skills themselves aren't particularly dynamic, the way her sprint is integral to her fighting style encourages a lot of quick mix-ups. And her "Judgment Cut" charged attack is awesome. She's actually just as fun as Keqing to play as. Fitting, I suppose, that they're both inspired by Devil May Cry's Vergil in different ways, and thus both are capable of bringing Genshin's combat just a bit closer to that level of gameplay.

4. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Finally getting around to kicking off the new archon quest. Got to the part with the 'processing fee' and it's like I'm sort of reliving buying my car last month with high surprise fees.

Granted, the irony being I actually COULD afford this absurd fee being asked in-game, it costs that much to max a character anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    This quest is better than it had any right to be. 202172117508.png

6. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Just a reaffirmation here that the Weapon Banner is an utter trap unless you're really prepared to go super deep into it. Even with the new "Epitomized Path" system, it's still just a safety mechanism for super whales.

Even if you're fully braced for the "50/50" of the two featured weapons, the Banner has a decent enough chance to give you an off-Banner 5* as well.

After getting Ayaka, I had enough Wishes saved up that I felt like I could make an attempt at the Mistsplitter as well. Went to soft pity, and got Skyward Harp. I guess Ganyu or Childe are happy with that, at least...

For the Character Banner, you need a maximum 180 Wishes to absolutely guarantee the character you want to get, current history aside (closer to 150 in practice, with Soft Pity mechanic). On the Weapon Banner, you need 240 (~190 accounting for soft pity). And unlike the Character Banner 50/50, Epitomized Path doesn't carry over to the next weapon banner, so you can't "pre-lock" a guarantee.

Oh well, now that exploration is a thing again, there's lots of free Primos just floating out there in the wild for me to fill my coffers with again. Still shouldn't have any problems saving for Baal. But now the interim banners scare me a bit more, especially if Yae drops next patch.

7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    This whole system needs a rework.

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Eh~. It's a painful system for us low-paying plebs, but the Weapon Banner's true purpose is supposed to be bait for the mega-whales. And if that's the cost for the excellent parts of this game being absolutely free, then I can't wholly condemn it. Not like you really need 5* weapons for anything. They're just perhaps more inspiring.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Man, it's rough going for me right now that I finally had to stop just using the 'Friendship Grind' team for everything and actually throw together a specialized 'go' team for Inazuma. It's not optimized, but I'm running Chongyun/Electro Traveler(to get the hang of the moveset)/Yanfei/Diona since that gives me shields and exploit the majority of my enemies being electro infused.

The problem is damage. Yanfei being rolled out sooner than anticipated isn't as bad given she just needs five more whatever pyro gems to ascend to level 80 and Dodoco Tales is level 80 as well, so sinking resources into her shouldn't be too bad especially given I wanted to main her (She's EASILY the most fluid damage caster I have and I love her playstyle). I may also sink resources into getting my C6 Fischl up to snuff (she's level 70 with an under leveled Stringless) to swap out with Traveler since her electro is on demand with her charge, then swap out Diona in turn for Albedo (who ALSO needs resources) to get Solar Isotoma benefits and shields.

To say nothing of the fact I need to up my artifact game. I've probably got too many junk four and five star artifacts but I just don't know what I should purge and what I should take a chance on.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    What the actual fuck is this game.

We just got Inazuma...and now suddenly MOTHERF*CKING ALLOY OUT OF NOWHERE?!

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1418194123845246976

[​IMG]

Sadly, she appears to be PS4 exclusive. I haven't booted up my PS4 (never finished Horizon Zero Dawn either lol) but I really don't want to given how much I've grown to despise the Dualshock 4. Worst controllers I've ever used and I'm glad the two I have ended up with broken shells.

EDIT: Okay correction time - sounds like she's going to be PS4 exclusive on release but she'll come to other platforms later.

EDIT 2: Okay, she's coming in V2.1 for PS4, V2.2 for everybody else. And she's free as the acquisition method is "in-game Mail" so GET HYPE.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    Let’s GO! Hyped as hell for this, wonder if she’ll have her original VA?

12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Oh my GOD Khoi what are you doing
    HorizonAlbedoDawn.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My general rule of thumb:

--Keep double Crit stat artifacts even if main stat is undesirable. Sometimes you might just want to get that set bonus and the Crit stat improvement until something better comes around.

--Keep all Elemental/Phys DMG bonus Cups.

--Keep Crit %/DMG Circlets

--Keep ER and EM Sands. These are the rarest stats for Sands and a few characters benefit from this stuff.

Everything else is keep or feed at discretion.

• Like Like x 3
  14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I live for Khoi's casual meme-lord prowess.

Makes sense that he was one of the script-writers for the JJBA English Dub. His spontaneous wit is so on-point.

His "easy-listening" voice just makes everything he says all that extra bit hilarious. So blessed, yet so cursed at the same time.

And then you're laughing all the way to the bank when you get characters with atypical damage scalars, like Albedo, Noelle, Sucrose, and Mona and they get super-juiced as a result.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Just took another chance at the banner and got TWO Yanfei's and a Chongyun. Excellent.

Since I want Yoimiya (namely because Sayu is also going to be on the banner) I probably will not pull again as to not lose my guaranteed banner pull as I suspect I'm going to hit hard pity again.

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Goddamn Ganyu. I've leveled my Skyward Harp now, and via the new artifact transmute system I managed to get her a slightly better circlet, so now she's sitting pretty at 71% CR and 220% CD. And because of her passive that gives her an extra 20% CR after firing Frostflake Arrow, she's effectively in auto-crit territory now, even without Cryo Resonance (I should probably set her up with Pyro Resonance now instead). Screw trying to headshot things. She's still toting a somewhat mid-tier Wanderer's flower as well, so if I can manage to get a significant upgrade on that, the Fatui may just have to worship her as their new Cryo Archon :) .

Somewhat amusingly though, Prototype Crescent is still capable of higher damage spikes than Harp, due to the huge amount of ATK% it grants. But the overall consistency that Skyward Harp grants is a way better quality of life upgrade. Plus it's equally effective against enemies that don't have weakpoints (like Slimes) or difficult to hit ones, and because of how juiced her stats are now, I don't have to try nearly as hard to aim.

Crazy that a character that I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about to start with wound up as easily my strongest character (my Zhongli actually has slightly better Crit Stats, at about 70/240, but because he's kitted out more as an all-rounder, he doesn't crush things nearly as fast by his lonesome), and almost entirely by complete accident. I almost didn't get her in the first place because Jean won the 50/50. Only because I crazy lucked-out and managed to get her only two pulls after, with my last possible Wishes on the banner. Gearing her has been a surprising breeze, as I only really started to build her after getting some really good Wanderer's drops when farming Ascension mats for Yanfei and Eula, so I've not really had to put any effort in there. And then this random-ass Skyward Harp drops into my lap as an off-banner pull. It's like this game is trying to tell me something. This, compared to the six goddamned weeks I spent farming for Eula, a character that I actually planned to "main".

I should probably think about Crowning her Primary Attack.

Although, just to knock me down a slight peg, Ganyu's somewhat less the overall powerhouse than she used to be, on account of a lot of the new Inazuma mobs being a lot more mobile and annoying to snipe. That is, unless I put her in a Freeze comp...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What's your Ganyu numbers looking like? I rock Amos on her and with good range I'm looking at 30k-40k damage.

I've got 188 % for her for now. It's really carried me through so much and getting that higher doesn't feel very necessary for the time being.

18. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    Man, playing catch-up on the story in an attempt to get to the newest addition, and the quest I did last night had to be one of the most boring experiences I’ve had in a while. I spent 2 hours listening to Zhongli talk about economics, flowers, perfume, and whatever. It only got interesting after I spent 2 hours doing errands for him when they were talking about the building that’s in the sky, but at that point I was tired so I guess that’ll have to wait.

19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Definitely not that high. Amos is it's own degree of broken on Ganyu. You need to work a bit more for it, since it doesn't offer any Crit Stats by itself, but ultimately it gives her a much higher ATK stat and a true damage multiplier. Skyward Harp instead offers more consistency, and a more "shoot from the hip" playstyle that's less concerned about jockeying for position.

But as of now, her raw, unbuffed numbers give 10K off her standard charge, 18K off a Frostflake based on 2K raw ATK stat, at skill lvl 8. That's the one area where my Ganyu can really be improved, is that I could use a bit more ATK% aside the timepiece slot. That's where I really need a better flower for her.

:/

That's a bit of a red flag there, in that that's a good portion of Genshin's storytelling, is getting you immersed in the customs and political idiosyncracies of the various nations.

Most people who follow Genshin's story attentively are welcoming to Zhongli's long spiels due to how rich his voice is, that his mere presence feels enlightening.

If that's how you are, then you're probably not going to enjoy your time with Yanfei or Eula, either...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's going to be a LOOOOOOOT of talking cutscenes with a number of characters after you're done with Liyue's archon quest. You haven't even met Danslief yet and oh boy if you think Zhongli is bad when it comes to having quests that just walk around and involve nothing but chatter to do worldbuilding...

And yeah, the Serenitea Pot quest a.k.a. Yanfei's story quest is literally nothing but just walking around talking to people. Personally I loved it, but if you're not into her character then it's going to drag on for eternity.

Zhongli pretty much is the Morgan Freeman of Genshin Impact.