Genshin Impact - Gacha Waifus and Adventure Gameplay

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot Burnout, Nov 10, 2020.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Kazuha cutscene is easily one of my favorites of it's type. Wish Mihoyo would let us watch them again as part of the archive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Definitely feel like a "replay" feature not just for cutscenes but entire story missions ala hangouts would be great.

I bet they're saving that feature for an in-between patch since its full speed ahead for Inazuma right now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh thank god, I can finally stop farming Ridgewatch fruitlessly for Pale Flame artifacts. Finally got a Crit Rate circlet for Eula, which rolled into 10%CD and 22%ATK.

Current stat total for her is 2K ATK with Skyward Pride, 65%CR, 160%CD, 175% ER. I've got a little flexibility for upgrades if I can find myself a really good ATK% Sands or a Phys% Goblet, as those are the most mediocre pieces on her at the moment, but both are so annoyingly rare that I won't stress it. I'll get some random off-set drop one of these days.

Probably time I finally start properly building a Pyro DPS. I've got a decent start on Yanfei, with a pretty decent Witch's Flame ATK% Sands and an okay off-set Goblet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lucky. I'm still looking for a gold ER Sands for my Eula. That being said my Crimson Witch set on Klee is real nice. I think I'm gonna shelf Klee for now and just get Yanfei built and swap over the Lost Prayer and Crimson Witch into her.

5. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    "Fallen leaves, adorn my night!" Screenshot_20210701-141257_Video Player.jpg

Kazuha came home, along with my final Razor constellation, making him my first C6 four star. Screenshot_20210701-133250_Genshin Impact.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Just realized the two characters you can buy in the shop are Xiangling and Fischl, so I went ahead and burned the Starglitter on both. Only have 17 starglitter now BUUUUUUUT that takes my Fischl to C6 and my Xiangling to C4, which is great in the latter case because it unlocks Slowbake and thus a devastating 40% increase in active time for Pyronado. And for the former, she gets Evernight Raven which based on the description sounds like it significantly beefs up Oz (you are now imagining Oz with giant muscled wings) by increasing attack rate in time with your active character AND an additional boost based off 30% of Fischl's attack. And Fischl is pretty much married to Stringless which even at a base level refined state gives a 24% boost to elemental skill and Burst...she's probably my best attack-based support archer right now. And I still haven't rolled out Venti properly yet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wish I had any Star-anything left, lol. Burned it all during the Eula banner and I don't intend to roll on anything until Yoimiya.

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I've got 76 Starglitter left, so that should be enough to tide me over for a couple of resets, as I wait for Lisa or Kaeya to show up again. And then I'll be back to Wishing again when Inazuma drops properly.

Just stockpiling the Stardust Wishes at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Scarlet knight

News Credits:

10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Zach's hangout with Mark Whitten (Kazuha):

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Ningguang is vibing. 20217217217.png

12. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I got an ad for Genshin Impact while browsing the Genshin Impact wiki. :lol 
    Screenshot_20210706-161951_Chrome.jpg

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I am still a newbie at AR 13. Trying to get to 15. Do you have to grind like this in-between all the Archon quests?

Also, despite having made my way to Liyue very early on, I only now got the mission where you meet the other Kathyrine, who let out a “Rebooting…” as I started to walk away. I’m eager to see the story behind that.

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I was doing some light artifact grinding over the weekend and I dropped a Maiden's Beloved cup that had a primary of Hydro damage and a lot of non-HP secondary stats.

It's basically glued to Barbara now since I have her running a full Maiden's Beloved set.

Also, @Scarlet knight, sorry I didn't hit you up on Monday but I was busy that day so I couldn't get in to do Azdaha like we usually do. I'll try to catch you again later in the week so we can tackle him since building up a stockpile of his resources likely will be necessary for Inazuma characters, unless they plan on introducing another weekly boss so soon.

Yes.

In your position, it would be best to just focus on Monstadt for now aside from the required materials which you MAY have to dip into Migyun Village's domain to farm if you need elixir balls, aserodite chunks, or Guyun pillars for certain weapons. Work on side quests, domains, and ley lines - these will award adventure EXP and help your AR rank. You also have the benefit of coming in late so you have a ton of story quests and more importantly, the hangouts (which are basically multi-path story quests). Lots of AR exp and resources there. Just don't do Chongyun's until you've got the Archon quest for Liyue going as by then your levels should be strong enough to handle the areas his stuff takes place in.

Additionally, be damn sure you have a team that's as high level as you can go with powerful weapons and talents. Because the game's easy for you now...but come AR35 shit gets real and if you do not have an effective team it WILL be a slog. I didn't invest exp or resources as smartly as I should have at that point and let me tell you, it sucked. Do not worry about companionship EXP since all that gets you are namecards and other things that don't really benefit combat ability, there will be time to focus on that later once you've wrapped up the Liyue chapter.

The one in Monstadt does it, too. There's "Rebooting" but also "Error". If you ask Liyue Kathyrine the "Kathyrine...?" option (it doesn't exist for the Monstadt one), all she'll say is that every instance of the Adventurer's Guild needs a Kathyrine. And no, we don't know the story behind it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    A6B88EF0-00DF-4313-9533-94A818121092.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    There's a little bit of grinding to start your game out, as a lot of stuff can't happen until AR20-35. But those ranks come pretty fast through exploration and quests. Once you hit 35, though, you're pretty much in the clear because so far that's the ceiling for story content.

Re-iterating what Burnout said, focus one or or two characters (generally "DPS" characters. If the character doesn't heal or shield, and has relatively short skill cooldowns, they're probably your guy. But pick who you like of your available roster. The game is pretty forgiving in the long run, and any character can dish out plenty of damage if you give them a bit of love) as you're starting out and dump all the resources you gain into their levels, talent levels, and weapon levels as you can, and try to keep them capped as permitted by your current Adventure Rank. That'll ensure you don't get overwhelmed at World Rank-Up. The game should just hand you enough resources to keep up with that minimal grind. You shouldn't need to run extra Leylines or anything that early on. If you're actually running out of materials and struggling to keep your income afloat, then you're spreading yourself too thin, too quickly. The opportunity to go wide and build lots of characters will come once you hit AR45+. But until then, stick with a core duo. Even then, Genshin isn't super punishing when it comes to character stats, unlike a lot of MMOs and such, so there's still plenty of leeway if you make a couple of mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Any advice for Noelle? Since I can’t pull right now, she’s my main. I love a good tank, so she’s fun for the most part.

Also, how do I melt the ice of Dragonspine?

18. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Noelle can be easy or hard depending on what you want. If you want a tanky support Noelle, then you want to stack up as much DEF as possible. Here, you'll probably want to go Whiteblind, the craftable greatsword for a big DEF boost.

For a DPS Noelle, go with a Favonius Greatsword if you can get it. It sucks as it is a Gacha weapon but it's super handy if you can get it. You'll want her ultimate, Sweeping Time, going on as much as possible and that means good Energy Regeneration.

Go for 2 Piece Archiac Petra and 2 piece Defender's Will. Having more Geo damage while her ult is active is good. Since so much of her stuff scales off of defense, getting 30% more from the Defender's Will 2 piece is pretty cake.

You're going to want DEF main stat on your Sands, Cup, and Circlet. Substats focus on Crit Rate and Crit DMG %.

There's one caveat about Noelle though. She's good as a tanky support healer...but her Damage potential is VERY much dependent on her constellations(repeat pulls on that same character.) 2nd, 4th, and 6th Constellations are necessary to maximize her damage potential otherwise she's quite sub par.

Who else do you have on your roster? Traveller is still a great character early on, and you'll have Kaeya since he's a starting character. Don't sleep on him! He's a surprisingly amazing character.

Melting the ice? You gotta hit it with an attack buffed by Crimson Agate.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, I don't have much advice for Noelle, no. She's a character I've always sort of wanted to build on a lark, but I've never really gotten around to it. She's a bit difficult to "main" early on, because she's one of the few characters with no capacity for Energy generation by her lonesome. Partner her up with "spammy" characters to feed her Energy, so that you can get her Burst up regularly and do some real damage. She's sort of a Constellation-gated character. A little clunky in the raw, but a lot of her rough edges smooth out with more power-ups. You're also not going to be able to Ascend her very far until you explore a good chunk of Liyue.

Once you get to the point where the Souvenir Shop (Marjorie) opens up, save up for the Claymore Billet and craft Whiteblind for her. Probably her best weapon, as a purely free-to-play option. A second Claymore Billet will be available to you from the Souvenir shop in Liyue, if you want to power that up a bit further (more Billets can drop from the Weekly/Story Bosses, but those are quite rare, and pure RNG so you can't count on them).

As for Dragonspine, PlanckEpoch has your answer there. But also don't be discouraged if you hit a brick wall in your adventures there. The difficulty level of that zone is pretty pumped up, as it was sort of geared towards better-geared/endgame players when it was released. Lots of dangerous mobs, and some challenges that require a decently efficient team to tackle. Not thrown-together noob crap. The zone was released/unlocked after the entirety of the main Liyue story was available, if that gives you an idea of when you might be able to tackle it in earnest.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Those red crystals like the one in the heart chamber? How do I equip it like that?
    I have been watching Bwaap’s videos and picked up a lot about the game release(also more or less all the story, too.) I had just never played the game till now.