Genshin Impact - Gacha Waifus and Adventure Gameplay

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot Burnout, Nov 10, 2020.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Well, I first heard 3.8 way back in 3.0, and every patch since has just lent more credence to that theory.

I would very much like Kazuha to run with her, because then you get a matched-set weapon banner, which doesn't happen often. (plus, I'd be happy to get Freedom Sworn if/when I fail to pull SoBP the first time or two)

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    According to /EulaMains, if 3.8 is true, she's 99 days away...

Welkin+dailies would give just under 15,000 primos. Plus a couple spiral abyss runs on top (I almost never 36-star, usually 33).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Just a question, has Hoyoverse said anything about a Anemo+Dendro and a Cryo+Dendro reaction? I’ve been enjoying Haitham A LOT, and I can’t wait to get Kaveh and Baizhu.

4. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    It doesn't exist.

Cryo simply doesn't interact with dendro, or even remove it when other elements are applied. (this is the basis of "fridge")

And (oddly) you don't seem able to even swirl or crystallize, with anemo/geo. THAT is odd. (I mean, freezing plants is a thing in the real world, but I get the decision to not add even more complexity, or over-power cryo). But a basic shield or swirl? At least a shield wouldn't have upset balance any.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Personally I feel that there must have been a realization at the studio that Dendro was already going to be overtuned. Indeed, Dendro reactions have become the effective "meta" now. Vape is pretty much just Double Hydro Hu Tao, and perma-freeze teams have fallen off due to so much shit not really freezing. You can melt or reverse melt but those teams require so much set up. Meanwhile Aggravate or Quicken is face roll-y to do and does a truckload of damage and Hyperbloom is dummy easy to get.

I think this accounts also for why the Pyro reactions with Dendro felt so underwhelming. At the time Pyro based reactions were top meta, Electro ones were generally garbage outside of Electro-Charge, and for the shake of shaking things up the Pyro reactions didn't have the same numbers as Hydro or Electro related ones.

Or it could very well be that Mihoyo doesn't really know what they're doing lol. I wanna give them the benefit of a doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I am also giving them the benefit of the doubt, but there are times I wonder if they actually do know what they’re doing though. Like Childe having a rerun 3 times I guess.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    He was really popular in Japan at the time.

8. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    As a freeze/Mona/Ganyu/Rosaria/Eula/Sucrose/Jean main, the new meta kinda sucks. :p  I freeze, and I swirl the frozen... (then shatter with big sword)

(hydro archon may enable better bloom options for me, but Collei is basically my only dendro char, and she's not really quite enough to truly build a dendro-reaction team around)

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dendro Travler's been on the team since I have Nobliss Oblige on him for artifacts and every time he drops the AoE field, that boosts the damage of everybody else by 20%, which having Koko's jellyfish and Oz on the field means lots of dendro-based reactions. Then there's Eula who doesn't really do much as a result but I can't swap off her because her Phys damage with Pale Flame (combined with the 5-star claymore that triggers every time you use a burst, so it buffs her damage while she swings to charge the lightfall sword) simply outclasses the DPS of every other unit I have.

10. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I really don't want to make traveler a fully-built "anything" really, because then that just means they'll be "locked" into an artifact set etc. I pretty much only ever give them the best spare goblet of their current element, and keep them with their "good but not great" split
    gladiator/wanderer set.

Yes, a fully-built dendro MC is the best MC you can have, and not bad for a dendro unit---I just don't really want to spend the time/resources making them as such. Not for a character I don't especially like playing as----I like anemo MC, but have never liked their other kits, and especially not dendro for some reason.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rarely wind up busting out Traveler for anything, but the Vibro Crystal combat event recently had me dusting Lumine out of storage because I didn't have other Dendro characters adequately built, and she was doing an admirable job keeping up her Dendro applications. 60% CR and 200% ER kept her rotations super clean.

12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    I simply just have my Dendro Lumine having a full 4pc Glided Dreams set (While my other Dendro characters in my roster such as Yao Yao and Collei have 4pc Deepwood) with some pretty good ER stats, and she's great as a support. With a 52% CRIT rate, 241% ER and an R3 Favonius Sword, she's more than capable enough of spamming her burst more frequently to deal consistent Dendro applications.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  13. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I noticed my standard banner pity was at 9, and I didn't want to wait for the next 10-level of the battle pass to earn a fate, so I used primos to pull----and got Collei! She's now C2. That was among the best possible results. (getting another Layla would have been THE best result---she is C0, and is literally my last wish on the limited banner)

C1 Layla strengthens her shield, and that's what I use her for. (I actually like Layla more than Kuki, among my "fairly recent acquisitions")

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dendro Traveller has really been the most worthwhile Traveller so far. I had him at like...level 40 until Dendro came out and I wanted a Dendro applicator pronto, and really Dendro Traveller isn't too bad in that department.

15. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    It's kinda funny---a zillion dendro chars lately (they kinda need to, to make up for lost time) but the only one I like much is Collei, the "basic/default" one. (she's sorta a day one character, just not IN-GAME day one).

I'm honestly kinda waiting for a non-Sumeru dendro. Surely Fontaine or Natlan will get one. (I think a Sumeru geo character would be good to get, too)

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Excepting the Traveler, there's also Yaoyao and the upcoming Baizhu.

• Like Like x 2
  17. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Yaoyao is a very versatile Dendro healer which I find works incredibly well alongside Dendro Traveler in multiple team archetypes, where the extra Dendro application and healing are appreciated. She's one of the better 4-stars we've gotten in quite some time since unlike a number of the Inazuma & Sumeru 4-stars where getting them at C6 is mandatory to make them even remotely decent (Faruzan and Sara, I'm looking at both at you!!), Yaoyao is already more than capable enough as a support Dendro character even at C0, and getting her constellation is just some extra bonus that make an already good character even better.

---------

Speaking of Kujou Sara, I somehow got her from the Standard Banner, and wow.... she's clunky and awkward as hell to play with. Her supposed attack buff from her Elemental Skill sounds ok on paper, but in practice not only was the way you had to cast the skill so convoluted and specific, but when you do get it said buff wasn't even that impressive to worth the hassle with its incredibly short 6-second duration. I honestly would rather play with my currently benched Amber than Sara at this point - since while she's not the most combat-capable character, at least Amber's Baron Bunny actually does something.

I do get that after they accidentally make some of the early 4-stars such as Bennett and Xingqiu "too OP" the developers would like to tone down a bit, but with Sara here it feels like they went a bit too far in the other direction by making her kit more restrictive, specialized and clunky than necessary.

18. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Gah, total brain fart, I forgot YaoYao AND Baizhu, yeesh.

As for Yayao---not real fond of her play style, mainly needing to stay on-field for a while to get the most out of her burst. Her skill is great, but everything else means she's off the team. (plus the skill targeting is terrible)

Kujou Sara----yup, she's terrible to try to actually "play" and use all she's got. Just skill, burst, then go. Half her kit is pointless/unusable due to time/mechanics. Use her mostly for the buffs, and a bit for her ult as it does decent damage. Pair her with Raiden to buff Raiden into the stratosphere, that is all you should do. (C2 is utterly mandatory, and C6 is required to actually make her deserve a slot on a team)

19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yaoyao's Burst is only a panic button, anyways, like Barbara's. You don't need to use it every rotation. Just when you really need it.

As for the targeting, it has its quirks, but it's also abusable. The fact that it's not truly modal like C0 Sayu, and the radishes always heal and damage means that she works best with melee on-fielders. If you hug the enemies, then you can enjoy both her healing and Dendro application simultaneously, and essentially override Yuegui's preferential targeting.

20. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Hmmn, melee on-field. Eula...with dendro healer...