Genshin Impact - Gacha Waifus and Adventure Gameplay

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot Burnout, Nov 10, 2020.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'm pretty down. Wish it also came with weapon upgrade gems too. I've been leveling up Sucrose, Kokomi, and Shenhe at the same time along with weapons and I went from having a lot of Mora/Books/Crystals to having almost no Mora/Books/Crystals left, fuck me.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    That's the Mystic Enchantment Ore.

3. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    okay look I haven't played Genshin for the weekend okay? My brain isn't firing on all cylinders yet, LOL! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Was just thinking: getting a goblet of the right element is about THE hardest thing to farm artifacts for. So they're going to have to add dendro ones in soon, right? So then every existing type would become even a little rarer than they already are...

Or maybe, only future sets will have dendro as an option, and existing sets are "locked"?

5. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Mihoyo throwing a bone in their horrid artifact system? Doubt it. Gonna be an absolute pain to get Dendro to the level of everyone else.

6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Even though the Primos are coming in fast and hot and I'm trying to save for Collei, I decided to throw down a 10-pull on the Ayaka banner just to see what would happen. That and I need more Stardust or whatever to keep buying wishes every monthly refresh.

FINALLY got my hands on Sayu!

7. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    So I lost to the temptation and rolled on the weapons banner since I was close to pity on it and wanted Mistsplitter. Not surprisingly, I got Unforged. :lolol 
    At least I have several that can make decent use of it otherwise I wouldn't have dared roll on the banner. I haven't made any progress on Chasm as of late. I've been short on time so only have enough to do daily stuff and use resin. :cry 

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so damned far behind right now. The only reason I have any Chasm exploration whatsoever was just for the photography spots for the event. I still have Enkanomiya side-quests to do.

It's not like I've lost enthusiasm for the game, just that I'm sinking so much time into personal projects right now that I haven't really been gaming much at all recently. Just doing the bare minimum to clear my Resin, really, plus Weekly content. So the current 2.7 delay really doesn't affect me much.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Not sure if this deserves its own thread just yet, but anybody else check out the trailer to miHoYo/Hoyoverse's new urban fantasy rogue-like(?) RPG, Zenless Zone Zero?

They're certainly cementing themselves as the masters of diverse anime-styled games. Whoo boy, that do be poppin' off.

On top of that, there's also Honkai Star Rail that's already had a closed beta test, which AFAIK is a more traditional turn-based JRPG:

With all this neat looking stuff coming out, who needs to buy new games anymore. Just hook up to a Hoyoverse lifetime subscription, LOL.

Plus there's supposed to be some sort of shooter they're working on, with a new team out of Montreal.

Tech Otakus Dominating the World is more like it. I for one, welcome our new anime waifu overlords.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    So the new "event" is out and essentially it's two parts.

The first part is the cooking, which simply put is a slightly more complex version of the existing cooking "mini-game" before you unlock auto-cooking. You just have to press the spacebar multiple times to match the ingredient the recipe is asking for. You have to do it three times per recipe to get max 'seasoning' and rewards.

The second part is a little less intuitive. On the event page, you can use the seasoning to create a 'super' version of it (you stick seasoning on a dish you already have that's at 'Delicious' quality), and then you go into your teapot and you can feed the food to any characters you've invited. Needless to say, this has significantly reduced benefit as you still can't change who is in your pot at this time so if you're like me and largely all your characters in the pot right now are at max companionship, the most you're really going to get is new unique dialogue.

Same, I still have most of the hangout stuff to do but really I just hop on to do commissions, maybe burn the resin (NOT having to burn resin for the battle pass right now is actually quite nice), do whatever, and then hop off is great. I've been ramping up my progress and time investment in other interests and I'm happy Genshin's in a slow period right now to facilitate that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Relating to the current Teapot event: if you have different characters in other layouts, you can always switch layouts and give food to them.

Anyways, thanks to this week's maintenance gift, I now have at least three of every piece of purchasable furniture (read: I've bought a lot of trees and rocks in the last few weeks).

12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Teapot event also has an absurdly long ~24-day countdown timer in the event menu, so it's possible the system will be fixed before the end and you'll still get a chance to try it out on everyone before it's over.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
  14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Oh shit, finally another Anemo user. I can't find information if he's a four or five star. Hopefully four, since there's what - only two four star Anemo users; Sucrose and Sayu? And no, Traveler doesn't count since they're classed as a five star.

The memes on the page are delicious though. Absolutely dying at everybody building up on the soccer joke and all the Elemental Burst credit cards.

15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I think he's supposed to be 4*.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Heizou's got so much "CUTE BOY" energy. I need him.

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Ah, cool. So Heizou's actually our first male Catalyst user.

On a technicality. He's actually a martial artist with Anemo-infused punches and kicks for his auto-attack string.

He's a 4*, and looks to be designed as the main carry for something like a Tazer comp, with his rapid-fire combo setting off extra Swirl reactions and buffing EM for the party.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  18. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    None of the new Hoyoverse stuff has been my cup of tea. I'm not big on the sci-fi type stuff which is why I haven't touched Honkai. Not that I'm averse to sci-fi stuff but I much prefer the scenic nature of Genshin.

I currently have 2 max friendship characters in the teapot with one more about to join them. It's all latecomers or people I don't have much interest in using so I'm won't be lacking people to use the food on. Their reactions differ depending on their food preference which you can learn about by checking the voice lines section. The maintenance compensation has been very nice for grabbing artifact XP and other goodies but a working teapot would still be better.

19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Star Rail might be your cup of tea. It looks to be more in the Sci-Fantasy vein, like Star Ocean, or some of the Final Fantasy games.

20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Actually it makes sense that he's a Catalyst, since Hoyoverse basically admitted that Catalysts are the 'everything else' category for characters who don't fit into the other four weapon types (I.E. most of the Catalyst users pretty much straight up have magic powers at their fingertips, but then you get Klee who straight up is a grenade launcher that can summon lasers out of the sky and Sucrose literally throws lab experiments at her enemies).