Generics for Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boople Barp, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm looking to pad out my CHUG collection, but I am having a tough time coming up with options for generics to fill in the bot'n'con ranks. Looking for some real no-names, so what say all of you?

2. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Sure, There's plenty of Generics on Armada that use the G1 Bodytypes. I'd love them to get fleshed out. Also Repainting Silverbolt as Skyfall would be nice too.

3. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

What do you mean? Are you looking for figures that aren't in the CHUG lines that would fit? I'd say some of the late series Cybertron molds would be a good start.

4. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I just realized how poorly worded my post is...oops! I did actually intend to find actual toys to fill in in the spaces, but y'know...didn't write that out very well.

5. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Ammonites (as represented by the Mini-Con Assault Team) can be used to buff up either side as rank-and-file. There's three body types in one package so that's some easy variety with no real character attached to it.

There are shapeways Autotrooper heads for CW Rook and Prowl, but they're fairly expensive and need to be hand painted.

I own the Rainmakers 3-pack from Botcon 2013. If you can hunt that down, they also make great cannon fodder, especially Hotlink, who comes in the classic, generic seeker "Air Warrior" color scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  6. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PRID Vehicons, G2 Cyberjets or any of their recolors, RID2000 Dreadwind and Smokejumper, and the RID2000 flipchangers (Towline, Skid-Z, Skyfire and Windsheer). All are really good toys with decent articulation and fit in with Classics or "CHUG" figures.

In general RID2000, Energon, and Cybertron have a few standouts that fit well with Classics as well.

7. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are some pretty fun and inexpensive toys in the Power Core Combiner line. Basically none of them have any character except MAYBE Smolder and Huffer. (Smolder is great though.)

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i have a miss transformed PCC sitting in as a throttlebot. the blue car. he looks either like a throttlebot, or he could also be one of those decepticon cars from devastation.

9. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I mainly collect CHUG and don't care too much for the Unicron Trilogy stuff. That said, there are a few fun figures from the Unicron Trilogy era that I have mixed in with my CHUG stuff. 3 that come to my mind are Excellion, Longrack, and Downshift (Cybertron version). There's a few more figures from this period I've been meaning to track down like Buzzsaw and Big Daddy.

10. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Hasbro hasn't made Army Building too easy for those looking to do that sort of stuff, besides the Prime Vehicons.

11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the Toyworld Throttlebots are really good

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i would suggest looking at transformers energon and transformers cybertron toy lines, also the vehicon from transformers prime is a great way to bulk out con side, espelly with these options being back ground characters in the comics

13. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Been amassing a small army of chug onslaughts, perfect for heavy troops.

14. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Answering for decepticons is easy, but autobots...
    Decepticons: prime vehicons and jet vehicons, beast machines vehicons, botcon rainmakers, machine wars toys (if you follow the botcon story), energon terrorcons, cybertron terrorcons, beast hunters predacons?
    Autobots: machine wars toys (if you follow botcon story), energon omnicons, botcon animated autotroopers and I believe there are no more official autobot drones, but you could use RID2000 autobot 3 pack (using mirage scavenger and nightcruz vehicons)

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What the hell? We've had a good 'older' representation with ancient characters like Alpha Trion (and I suppose Titans like Metroplex and Fort Max are old too) so calling for 'no name geriatrics' is massively ageist.

;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Some redecos to give some generic troops, especially with titan masters making the head thing easier, would be great. Making new fleshed out characters out of the animation errors from the Sunbow cartoon, or the no name generics could also kind of retcon them into mattering:

-Green/constructicon colours Shockwave (from the legends class or a new voyager mould)
    -Green/purple/grey transport drones (see G1 War Dawn) from the TR Kup mould- TR Blaster head
    -Purple/grey warrior drones (War Dawn) from the TR Scourge mould- TR Blurr head

We've kind of seen it before, with the Botcon generic seeker "Rainmakers"

Question is how well they would sell.