Generations Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SaberPrime, Nov 25, 2016.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

My dad ordered me a trio of Fembots for Christmas which weren't suppose to come till next week but instead my brother ended up opening the package and now I have early Christmas presents.

I can't believe there wasn't already a thread for this one. I looked and nothing came up. Anyway... she came slightly mistransformed in the package. Of the three she's the only one that I have problems getting to stand. But I'm actually liking her a lot more than I thought I would.

She has enough possibility that I can actually get her to hold her sword as if she's about to pull it from the sheath. It's a little bit difficult to get her posing that way because it doesn't want to stay pegged into her leg and she likes to fall over a lot but once I get it to work it looks awesome.

The sword fits way too tightly into the sheath. I wish that was looser and the actual connection to the leg was tighter. It can store on either leg and actually it's a tighter fit on the right side which means I guess mine in left handed. Trying the sword in both hands it also seems to fit better in the left while the right is just a little bit tighter. So I guess this figure really wants me to make her a lefty.

Speaking of weapons. I tried to remove the gold piece from her head but couldn't get it off. I thought I had her confused with RID Windblade for a moment and maybe this one wasn't suppose to be removable but checked the instructions and it is suppose to come off. It looks like it's pegged in one way but the instructions show it's just suppose to slide out in a different direction and either way I can not get it off. I feel like I'm going to break something so I guess that's staying on her head.

The wrists are also really tight but workable. Everything else is fine.

Transformation... In case you don't know this already I always try to figure out new transformers without looking at the instructions first. I only consult them if I feel like I'm going to break something or just can not figure out what to do with certain parts. And I'll check them after I've finished just to make sure I didn't miss anything. With this figure not only did I have issues but the instructions were no help at all. I could clearly see two pegs on the back of the wings but had no clue what to do with them. They didn't seem to fit anywhere. Also didn't know what to do with the arms. I check the instructions and it tells me nothing so I've been sitting here with this floppy mess for the last ten minutes. I finally realized that one peg goes into the leg which I noticed it lined up but it seems like the peg is larger than the hole it's suppose to fit into. The other peg fits into the hands to hold them in place. I didn't realize that because the pegs aren't shaped that way. It's basically a square peg going into a round hole.

Anyway now that I got her into jet mode... the center tail fin doesn't sit right. There are two pieces that should sit flush to each other but one of them is warped. I think it would look fine if both of them were warped the same way so they angle off in different directions looking like two fins but with one bent and the other straight it just looks weird.

The gap doesn't really bother me that much cause with the sword in there I barely notice it. The robot mode kibble on the underside doesn't really bother me that much because I'm rarely going to be looking at the under side. The only thing that really bothers me are the obvious robot legs on the roof and the sword handle sticking out of the back of the jet.

So... um... any suggestions for getting the thing off her head without breaking the figure?

• Like Like x 1
  2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I guess it didn't come up because I specified Generations. Kinda makes sense no one would need to make that distinction back then because we didn't know about RID Windblade yet.

4. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    Yeah I have this girl. Absolutely gorgeous model but getting her to stand or transform is a pain in the butt. Good review.