Minor/Repaint: Generations Windblade: Lookin' Sharpie

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Seeaich, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Having recently discovered metallic Sharpies (and prompted by @RobotoChan 's pictures of Takara Adventures Windblade, not @Rotorstorm As I initially posted but whose snaps you should also check out!) I decided to have a go at sorting out Generations Windblade's awful facepaint.
    I started out with taking her back to a 'natural' look with silver Sharpie.

[​IMG]

Already miles better but I felt there was something about the proportions of her face that her Camien/Cityspeaker markings balanced out but I didn't feel confident about such a fine paint job.
    After a quick test/botched first attempt where I found I could use the silver to "erase" mistakes, I gave it a go with an ultra fine tip red standard Sharpie.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to skip the 'spikes' that descend from the inner part of the eyes near the nose and just go with an outline around the eyes and the 'hooks/curls' at her cheeks.
    Whilst double-checking the accuracy of my design with the comic afterwards I spotted that she actually has some unpainted sculpting detailing, so out came the gold Sharpie and that got fixed too!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Frankly, the successful (to my aesthetic) fixing of the face detailing has totally revived my interest in the figure, which I'd previously been disappointed in. Until doing this I hadn't realised how much my disappointment was in Hasbro overdoing her eyeliner, now that I've done this and nail polished her hips I'm no longer hankering after the Legends paint job. Though I reckon I will now pick up the Toyhax label set for her.
    In preparation I've already sorted out the issue of comic-inaccurate nose details with some spare white vinyl off-cuts and the same gold Sharpie.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not my Advetures Windblade I'm afraid, I only have the SDCC version.

This does tempt me to do something with my Hasbro Windblade though.

3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Gah! Sorry, @Rotorstorm , I got my 'R's mixed up it was @RobotoChan 's Windblade pics, I shall amend!

EDIT: I'd also say it's worth giving a go, once the awful eyeliner's gone it's quite a nice facesculpt.
    Amazing how so little a touch of paint can knack up great bit of detail work, it's almost a feminine Sunstreaker head if you ignore the fan & fan-like segment.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This does look pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

Very cool. This thread was what actually inspired me to sharpie my RiD Windblade yersteday. I already feel that it's a much better mold than the generations - all it needed was a little more black here and there, and you basically have a really good Sarah Stone Windblade.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Articulation and transformation-wise the RID version is the superior toy but myself I can't do with the noselessness of TFP/RID faces.

7. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Very nice!

• Like Like x 1