Generations Wheeljack Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    What the heck was that thriller music in the background at 3 minutes? I was cracking up since I didn't think the wrenches were that thrilling.

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Great review, peaugh. Despite being small with wide legs and duck feet, he looks awesome.

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Being a gearhead myself, I always had a soft spot for Wheeljack..Can't wait to get him.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this is the second Hasbro figure since Universe Sideswipe that I feel cannot be improved. The deco is absolutely spot on.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    G1 WJ was always 'squat' and short with wide feet. Thus.. G1 Wheeljack's toy proportions want a word with you, Peaugh. :p  :lol 
    Yeah digging updated WJ. SO bought. His new head sculpt alone is worth the price.
    Thanks for another neat review.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Gotta agree, I actually don't mind those proportions. He looks like a great rendition to the G1. Plus, I didn't realize how slim Warpath was. Gotta get em both!

7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    must have!!

8. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

Excellent review, thanks a bunch.

I agree with you about the disappointment with the legs; yeah, it adheres pretty well to how the original toy looked, but a touch of leg extension and perhaps some way to collapse the lower legs and rotate the feet around would have helped. Overall, though, it does mesh well with the original cartoon character model, so I'm not too upset about it.

9. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

wonder if that sticker place is gunna make some additions for his decoration? Wonder how he'd look with Drifts swords like he had in Prime?

WJ= badass

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I like that Wheeljack is squat, it fits the character. He's a grease monkey/wild inventor. Not an athlete. To me that's like complaining that prime is taller than most of the Autobot cars. And I like his wide feet, but I like TF feets in general. :B

Also, he looks pretty white in your review. I wonder if this is a different white than the off-white used for Jazz and Drift.

11. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

He certainly looks white enough -- that's what I was hoping for, because I didn't want any of that pre-yellowed plastic. I've already cancelled my United pre-order seeing as I like this deco more.

Fill us in as soon as you can, Peaugh, about that plastic shade comparison to RTS Jazz. Thanks for another great review.

12. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Dear Peaugh,

Thank you for all the great reviews we have all enjoyed from you throughout the years.

I look forward to seeing your reviews because 9 times out of 10, you usually get the newest figures first. And a figure like Skyhammer is one I've been waiting to see more of...

I appriciate your reviews because they help me decide if a figure is worth my money.

I usually dont comment on the reviews directly, but I must speak my mind to you...

I dont know how you get these figures way before any of us. But once you do have them in hand and take the time and energy to video review and post it on the boards for all of us, I cant help but constructively critisize the more recent ones...

Please compare Skyhammer with a voyager from DOTM. Then compare it with Cybertron Evac or Classics Prime. Basically any common Voyger class figure that we all have. So we can have a point of reference for SH's size. Without the MT gun...

Thank you for showcasing joints and posability. But some reviews I felt we kinda cheap in the articulation dept... Spend some more time on the joints...

Thank you for focusing in on head sculpts. We all appriciate a headshot...

Your review for Wheeljack was OK. But we really want to see it next to Tracks.

And show us the new molded parts. Wrenches, head, spoilers, etc.

I really want to see the front wheel conversion on the legs. And you should have zoomed in and showed us a clearer shot on what was done. And what Tracks looks like next to it...

I'm done.

I hope you understand that as a fan of Tfs and as a fan of your reviews, I couldnt help but stand idely by and say nothing.

I think your reviews can be better and more informative. Especially when you kinda have a duty (when showcasing new figs none of us will have in hand for monthes) to deliver the best.

Keep up the great work on you reviews and know that we are always watching and waiting...

Your fellow TFan,
    Amethyst Ed

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    cool review!
    I agree with you - I wish the feet could extend.WJ just looks weird now..I guess I will still get him but I'm a bit let down

14. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Convinced me to buy it :) 

(That's me skint again...) :p 

15. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

I don't know. Wheeljack looks pretty squat to begin with. The proportion seems appropriate.

[​IMG]

16. cooldeal99

cooldeal99 my hero is me

good review and overall i really like the look of the figure and a great homage to his g1 self..cant wait to have this figure in hand and glad it shipped today from bbts along with his wavemates thundercracker,kup and scourge and they can get here fast enough

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I Sooooo cannot wait for BBTS to get in their Wheeljack/Warpath/Thundercracker wave in! It's gonna be a long wait I'm afraid.

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^This and le sigh. :( 

19. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Interesting idea. Any sense of how much more height this mod would add to the figure?

Great review as always!

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off, thanks for the great review as always. I don't really agree with your complaints, though. He seems pretty much perfect.

I agree. I also don't really mind the white on Drift or Jazz anyways.