Generations Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tober, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Julie85

Julie85 Member

NOOO! That is so not fair, I paid $150 for my Henkei Thundercracker!

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Was just about to buy the KO Thundercracker today, too!

Just preordered TC and Wheeljack at BBTS :D 

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Don't mind them TB.....some people have nothing to do but to be miserable.

Anyways......glad the wait is finally over. I was so close several occasions on getting Henkei Thundercracker, only to back off at the last second. Hell I even considered the ko to tied me over. So glad I waited and will be finally happy to complete the Seekers. :) 

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I've got the Botcon set and am not at all bothered by this news. In fact I'm really happy about it, and look forward to adding another Thundercracker to my shelves. I still love Botcon Thundercracker and have no regrets paying a bit more for him. The contentment of having had a complete Seeker set for the last three years has been more than worth it. And honestly, I really like the Botcon figure itself, on its own merits. I like its slightly green-tinted blue, it evokes the more greenish Diaclone pre-Thundercracker.

And yes, I'm glad that this will enable more people to get a complete Seeker set, lead to greater overall collector satisfaction, and maybe put an end to some of the complaining. At least until the next "why don't we have Figure X, Hasbro sucks!!!" trend catches on.

5. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally feel this way. I went to BC 2007. It was my first BC and I loved it. The exclusives are just part of it. Will this decrease the sets value a bit? I don't think so. It will decrease single TCs, but the Henkei release had no effect, so this will not as well. My favorite exclusives from that year are still Huffer, Alpha Trion and Dreadwing. That Mirage is cool as well. I don't see hasbro making those any time soon and even if they do the deco won't be nearly as complete.

I'm really glad people get to complete their seeker set. Despite all the bitching, I saw why Hasbro did it. For all intensive purposes, Classics was done for them. They were just moving into the movie and that was taking up their time. They weren't planning that far ahead. This was the only way to get him out. I'm just glad I'll have that final seeker I can display with the rest of the classics collection. I'm a sucker for classics figures and I have to own them all. It's always sucked I can't have all my seekers in one place because the BC one is in a display case with the rest of my exclusives. Now bring on Sunstorm and the other two rainmakers, or at least just Sunstorm! They can use that damn mold again so give me those guys.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Cool now I can buy Dirge and Thrust. I was holding out because I have the botcon set.

Now I can get these to fill in the holes losing the BOTCON set would create and I can sell my Botcon set.

Good going Hasbro!!

I think people are complaining that these were not to be released blah blah blah. The ONLY reason Botcon got the remaining seeker moulds is because Classics wasn;t supposed to continue. I would much rather have classics continue and get a whole slew of AWESOME new G1 characters than to have exclusive seekers. (I only paid $90 for my set anyway lol)

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you think will be next? I already see lots of sour grapes over there being no "real" Trailbreaker, and people wondering why they haven't re-released Skywarp or Ramjet. But somehow I can't figure out what could replace the epic longing for WJ and TC.

8. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why are people saying generations is over after the next couple of waves? i thought it was going to run along side the movie line?

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Probably because that's what happened with Classics and Universe, largely. Even if Hasbro is serious and Generations will be a long-running line, I frankly expect it to take a break when Hasbro and the retailers are in full on movie 3 mode.

10. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    This news made my day. Although the KO was starting to look very tempting, I am glad to see an official release.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope that become real with the rest of the Seekers.

12. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I have the Henkei version but if the joints on the Generations one aren't as floppy I would consider replacing it and the same goes for the surely inevitable Generations Skywarp.

13. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

yeah thats all good but what about the turquoise jet on cybertron? you know the one in episode ultimate doom part 2 the search.....cant have a full set with out him....he was very important to the series and with out him you would not have rodimus prime or that race of extremely liberal robots on the planet that ultra magnus detonated with a bomb to keep it out of the hands of the deceptis ...yeah that turquoise dude was pretty integral....hope hasbro isnt stupid enough to forget about him!

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well, it may soon be time to pick up a Botcon T-Cracker if prices crash enough. The seeker completionist in me still requires him and Thrust.

15. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sweet. Pre-Ordered that set of 4.

16. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

Fantastic! I made a custom awhile back but I'd love a mass release!

I think I'm in the opposite boat. I bought a second Ramjet for a custom into Dirge that I don't need anymore. Now I have an extra Ramjet.

17. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I'm glad to see some Botcon owners that are taking it in a good way. It's the few bad apples that complain that make everyone else look bad.

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'd buy one!

19. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does Habro do these things? of course, the taste is found in variety!!!!! if you want ALL de seekers, then you are gonna have them in variety of blisters!!!

And by the way, Thundercracker is gonna has a rub shield?????? but the others seekers just dont?????????

20. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Instant buy for me, but gah, I really wish I had Ramjet now so I can complete the set. Can't get enough of the Seeker molds.