Generations Thrust

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SharkyMcShark, Jun 4, 2010.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    The third of the generations figures I picked up (gave Bumblebee a miss). It's a straight redeco of the Henkei/Gentei/whateveritis (the non Botcon Classics Thrust). The VTOL intakes are detachable, and can be mounted on the wings or on the tail fins (my jet terminology is ace, yo).

It has five colours - metallic maroon for most of the body, a metallic ish grey for the wings and feet (and other body parts), white for the face and wing stripe, amber for assorted robot mode details, and silver, also for robot mode details.

One touch that I really like is that the pilots seed and console under the clear yellow canopy is vacuum metalised - it draws attention to the cockpit in a really good way and makes it look like it's almost glowing. I can't really put in words how much of a nice touch I think that this is - it almost makes the figure.

Transformation is as you'd expect - if you don't own at least one version of this mold yet (of the *pauses to count* 13 odd there are - feel free to correct me there) then what are you doing here?

Robot mode looks good. There's a lot of personal interpretation you can give it - the box has the wings folded up on his shoulders and the jet intakes on his books, but you can give it the G1 toon accurate look by leaving the wings folded down and putting the jet intakes on their underside (so they face forward). The vacuum metalised cockpit interior again looks fantastic in this mode.

I was pleasantly surprised by this - I was on the fence about picking it up but in the end decided to treat myself lest I regret it later. I wasn't disappointed.

I can post pics if people really want but I'm more inclined to let the professionals do it because you'd be getting iphone pictures of him standing on my desk, which is currently cluttered about half a foot deep in property law notes.

2. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about a photo of WFC Optimus Prime next to Thrust for both of their respective review threads?

3. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice, the classics seeker mould is so very, very well done.

sharkymcshark, hows thrust QC? the mould had a tendency to get a bit loose of recent, how tight are the joints?

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It would be 13, if there was an American and Japanese release of each Seeker, + Acid Storm. But, Starscream has had 2 American releases and a transparent Jap exclusive, and Thrust has also had 2 American releases, so it's actually 16. And considering people are expecting a Generations Dirge to follow Thrust, might be more soon!

(and yet, still no expected Sunstorm...)

6. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    QC is actually quite good - minor complaint that the guns are a bit loose on the arms (hole too large - they're tight on the wings). The legs are a lot tighter than Starscream (original) and Ramjet that I've got from back in the day.

Oh lord, I counted

Cla Starscream
    Cla Ramjet
    Cla Skywarp
    BC Thundercracker
    BC Dirge
    BC Thrust
    Henkei Skywarp
    Henkei Thundercracker
    Henkei Ramjet
    Henkei Dirge
    Henkei Thrust
    Uni Starscream
    Uni Acid Storm

I forgot clear Starscream...

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    waiting for HTS to ship mine, so it's all good for me.
    i like this one and if i see one extra at Wally World, i might grab one more.
    bot and alt modes are wonderful.

8. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

You forgot regular Henkei Starscream as well. :wink: 

What's the deal with Generations Thrust's cockpit interior? Most early pictures showed the cockpit as being very bright yellow, like it was chromed on the inside (like the Henkei Coneheads). Is Thrust's cockpit interior chromed? If not, what color is the interior plastic?

9. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    It's chromed, and it's a really really nice touch.

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    My RAmjet will have a buddy soon

11. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for taking the pics! Honestly, your iPhone photos look fine, even better than other people's phone (or even camera) photos.

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Thanx for the pictures. They do help alot visualizing the toy, and I must say I really dig that look with wings not folded up. Really gives Thrust his cartoon appearance. I'm glad I will be getting this toy.

If only Hasbro would release Dirge and Jazz in this line.

13. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Thrust looks great.

Also, I think that getting Dirge in the Generations line at some point is a very likely possibility.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    On both the Henkei and the Botcon version, I've never understood why people put the wings up. They look so much better down.

15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    See I've always prefer Thrusts wings up similar to the original trio. That's how I've always done my G1 Thrust. Either way, I can't wait to get this when he comes out here (or BBTS gets their stock in, whichever comes first).

16. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

They should have drilled two additional holes in the main wings. The way his vertical thrust engines are positioned in the above picks means that the guns/missile launcher will have to go over the wings which is stupid looking. With additional holes it would have been great. The way it is now, it means that you will have to dettach the thrusters and reattach them on top of the wings, which on the other hand nulifies the whole thing of having them, since they are supposed to provide upward thrust, not downward.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just got this one, and I have to say that it very well may be my favorite out of all of the versions of the mold I own. IMO, this one just has everything done so well. Maybe I'm just glad that I waited :) 

Thank you Hasbro, thank you! :) 

18. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The problem here is that I have Classics Skywarp and Starscream and I know that if I cave in and get this I will need to buy Ramjet and the soon-to-be-released Dirge repaint.

19. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    love this guy. The chrome in the cockpit is a nice itle extra touch, and its in an area that will never get chipped or scratched. Its fun how the engines and guns can be moved around under or over the large wings, or on the back fins.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thrust is everything I expected. He looks great with the rest of the Seekers. Mine has no QC issues, either.