Generations Thrilling 30 Orion Pax (Pictorial) Pic Heavy!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shogen, Jul 29, 2013.

1. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have trouble getting this guy's shoulders to stay tabbed onto the sides of his torso in robot mode? If so, know of a way to fix it?

I love the toy, but whenever I move his arms his shoulders pop out of place.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They don't really lock in place, just slot in and rely on joint tightness to stay aligned. Haven't really had too much trouble with it, myself.

3. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Mine do too, but not to the point of aggravation, like Blitzwing.

4. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Ah. Might have to see if there's some way I can tighten up the joints involved then.

As you say, it's nowhere even remotely near the level of Blitzwing's shoulders.

5. Altercron

With that said though, I still love Blitzwing though Sandstorm is by far the best of the triple changers so far.

6. Roconius p

Roconius p Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    love this figure has anyone noticed the thrusters on the bottom of orions feet

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got this guy, the Takara version in the two-pack alongside Megatron.

He's very small, but he looks very neat. First time transforming him though, the instructons were a bit unclear at step 3 or 4. I instantly broke one of his wheels off, and I wasn't even applying any real pressure.

:-/

First time I outright broke a Transformer.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Ooh, that sucks.

My first exposure was also with the Takara two-pack. Mine has a warped bar on one of the wheels on the robot form back (front wheels in alt mode) that causes the wheel to rub up against the housing instead of rolling freely, so mine won't be in alt mode ever. The bar is too thin and feels too brittle to try to work back into shape and to be perfectly honest, I don't care that much. Heck, as it is, his axe went to WFC Prime in my WFC/FOC shelf display and the gun has floated around a bit, currently CHUG Deluxe G1 Optimus Prime has it.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That has got to hurt - that's why I tend to watch Youtube reviews on TF toys these days to prevent breakage.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm usually very careful and don't push any further when I have to apply real force (even though some recent toys require you to take steps that make it look like you'll break it :lol  ).
    I dunno, maybe I wasn't paying attention? I do know that the wheels are literally sitting against the shoulder construction, so any sort of force in the wrong direction as some kind of lever system..

All is well now though! Glued that thing back on and let it dry for more than a day. Rotating the wheel is a bit rusth but it works and is rocksolid again! :thumb 

11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this guy a lot, but that ugly ugly truck mode keeps it from being my favorite.

12. Needler56

Needler56 Well-Known Member

Sharing some experience for the sake of reference. As someone previously mentioned, the torso clamps further on the lever past the resistance point for alt mode to the point where it feels like it's going to break, but it doesn't. This is to have the windshield flush with the hood. At first, I was pushing the roof down as a final step and it wasn't passing the resistance point. I tried pushing it down not as a final step and it just would not budge. I thought that maybe the plastic had warped or there was flashing somewhere. Determined, I tried for the fourth time with more force and it pegged in. Below are pictures of the windshield not flushed showing the torso not past resistance point and the windshield flush with the torso past the resistance point.

My second observation was the pegging/un-pegging of the torso. To bot mode, it looks like the rear latches on then the front pegs in. I could not get the front to un-peg so I unlatched the rear only to realize that those sharp hooks on the rear latches broke off and are now rounded. Still holds tight, however. I don't know if this is a design flaw or that I wasn't pushing up hard enough on the front.

Net net, this is a great little figure with lots of detail especially in the face. With all the force of pushing and pulling on this fig, nothing broke so it's pretty durable. All the snapping and hard pegging is scary, but apparently normal. Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. idkwdya

idkwdya Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I was messing around with Orion now that I finally got him in hand after being super late to this party. And I found that Voyager Grimlock's shield works PERFECTLY with Orion and his axe. 10/10 would use with Orion again.

[​IMG]

14. Altercron

Oh shit, thats awesome. Where's my Orion...