Generations Starscream: How does his upper body stay in place?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Murasame, Aug 27, 2010.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Boy sadly thats what happens. I do not have that problem with the figure but some of his other joints are loose as hell. Mold degradation. This mold has been used to much and they either need to make new molds or stop releasing new versions of the toy lol.

2. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could try putting a little superglue on the hinge at the bottom. Then work the hinge to pull in the glue (and also to prevent it from rendering the hinge inoperable). Just don't work it to frantically or you'll defeat the purpose - flex it quickly at first to pull the glue in and then more slowly, pausing maybe a 10-count in between flexes.

3. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, I realize that. But I wonder If they don't have any quality control? When I was a kid, I never saw any toy that was bad like this. You cannot play with that toy and I just want to display it! If a kid got that toy it would be even sadder than I am...

You can't pull his arms up, because they are tight! If you move his arms up, you push his body to the back, because it doesn't have any friction or anything else that could keep it in place.

I'll try to glue at the hinge. If that doesn't work, I think I might glue him fixed, so he cannot transform anymore, but at least stays nice in robot mode :( 

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    My classics Ramjet had a problem like in the first pic where the back and head assembly wouldn't sit flush against the chest in robot mode. Turned out some of the plastic around the pin that allows the cockpit to fold down to fill in the chest was all cut up and gnarled, like it was forced into place during assembly. Sucked hard.

5. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Mine has that problem, I use sticky taffy

6. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

They've used three different molds for this basic Seeker body-type.

7. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    What is sticky taffy?

8. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nooooo....don't glue him up! He'll no longer be a TF! Try using a few layers of nail polish or again superglue...this will create more friction...

9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yesss!

I found a solution! :D 

As you can see in this pic, the cockpit was already flush, so there had to be another reason for keeping him from what he was intended to be like in robot mode.

[​IMG]

So I took a closer look to find out where everything gets stuck and keeps it moving back.

In a final attempt to rescue this figure for me, I filed away some plastic off of his cockpit, as I noticed, that this part is not seen in jet mode, as it is covered by his red air vents (or how you call them).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, he is still a floppy mess, but at least his upper body keeps in place and you can display him, as he was intended! :D 

[​IMG]

Attached Files: