Customs: Generations Springer disassembly

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by cyclonus8, Jan 6, 2014.

1. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

I need to remove Springer's waist piece. I've removed the two screws on the back crotch piece and even the two on the chest. I'm able to get the gap between the front and back wide enough to wiggle out the legs, but the front and back won't separate at the top. Are there any hidden screws I'm missing?

2. BuzzingNeon

BuzzingNeon Logic Expert/Tailgunner

I was wondering the same thing when I took apart my Generations Sandstorm. There are no other screws to remove to get the waist part open. The part that's holding the waist together is the front chest part. You'll have to remove a pin on the back that holds Springer's cockpit part in place, then pull out the front chest piece. After that, you can get the waist out of there.

3. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Actually you don't have to remove the pin if you cut tiny sections off of the arms that connect to that pin, then it can lock back into place properly without pin removal.

4. cyclonus8

Thanks guys for the tips. First I tried to knock the pin out. I used an automatic punch and a hammer and nail. After an hour, I still couldn't get it to budge more than 1 mm. Too little to get a firm grip with my needle nose pliers. Then read Neekotron's post and cut those two little gray arms holding the pin. That didn't work so I straight dremeled those suckers right off. That didn't do crap. I'm just going to give up. Not worth losing any more blood over.

5. seanb47

seanb47 FB:SBee'sCustomCreations IG@sbees_custom_creations

Ebay:
    Are you sure you're attempting to knock the pin out the right way?There is a knurled end on one side and it usually is the one that has more of the head sticking out of it's socket then it's opposite polar.If you are doing it in the wrong direction,it possibly could be the reason for headache of your attempt.

6. Neekotron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm away from home for a few days, but I can take some pics for you of what I did to remove (described above) Sandstorm's torso and replace it with Springer's for my Megatron when I get back home.

[​IMG]

Keep at it, try a small screwdriver to pry the area that won't come apart for you. Can you post pics of the trouble area?

7. cyclonus8

I think I'm knocking the pin on the correct end. I just can't get it out far enough so I can pull it out with the pliers. I'll try to post pics later. On Springer's back, the canopy has a pin. If I remember correctly (I'm at work now), the hinge has two gray "arms" outside of a larger yellow arm. I've completely cut and dremeled the gray arms/hoops off. I thought this would free the pin joint and the yellow part from the gray main body. It didn't do it. Maybe if I do some cutting on the inside of the body?

8. cyclonus8

I'm such a dumb ass. I finally got it. Seanb47 was right all along. I was knocking the pin from the wrong end. Thanks for all the help guys!

9. seanb47

seanb47 FB:SBee'sCustomCreations IG@sbees_custom_creations

Ebay:
    Lol! It's cool,man.I did it the same way a few times at first until I figured it also.

10. cyclonus8

Another mold related question. How would I remove the orange bumpers from Sandstorm? I don't see any screws. Should I just heat it with a hair dryer and pry the bumper off and hope for th best?

11. Neekotron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Were you able to remove the torso after pulling the pin? Heat looks like the way to remove the bumpers, there may be some glue there as well, so maybe a wipe or two of rubbing alcohol then heat.

I attached a pic of what I did to remove the torso, now that I'm back home.

Attached Files:

12. cyclonus8

Thanks for the pic and the help. I was able to pop the pin out when I finally tapped the right side. I'll heat the bumpers and post my results.