Generations So Far

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Now with my hands finally on Drift, and having some time with WFC BB, I'm ready to weigh in on this newest iteration of engineering feats for classics fans.

All I gotta say is orgasmic.

Bumblebee finally gets a gun this time around, with storage. A cybertron form, granted not mtmte like, but tron inspired instead so that's still win. Very poseable, extremely detail, and just inbetween complex and simple at the same time, while leaning heavily on complex.

Drift? AWESOME FREAKING FANTASTIC. He can draw his own swords like fansproject warbot can his guns and sword. Yes, Drift can pull out from his own storage all 3 of his swords. This mold is just a feat of awesome engineering. Such complex articulation, a transformation that really utilizes the car parts to make the bot, and it's all comic accurate in bot mode, even seemingly complex, but a quick transformation still while being complex, and that's without any automorph. This mold is just a pure grandslam.
    Can't wait to get my hands on Blurr to see what they manage with the guns and rifle storage.

This is just what I've gotten so far. But if the level of awesome is so high on these two, it just makes me all the more excited for Windcharger, Tracks, Scourge, Jazz, Perceptor, Arcee, and Kup.

While Huffer may be PCC. He's a pretty sweet classics rendition himself once you make the upper arms silver. His head is closer to the toy version head from the original line, but I've been wondering if an armorhide head might work too. He also probably would make a pretty sweet Pipes.

Attached Files:

2. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't beleive they exist, no sir. Never seen them.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Drift is okay. Character means nothing to me, however. I'll be waiting for Blurr.

I already have Gentei Thrust, so I can wait for saturation before picking this toy up. Likely just to possibly repaint it.

I don't have a decent system to play WFC on, and I'm not much of a gamer regardless. But as far as the toys go, I find them overly complex to the point that it's unnecessary. And just a bit too fiddly and fidgety in general.

The first wave isn't all that impressive in my book, but really just an appetizer for the figures I really want: Jazz, Tracks, etc. And even those are just the side salad to what I hope becomes the Henkei! Henkei! entree.

4. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd very much like to see another remold of the Blurr tooling as Dead End

Overall I very much like the Prime and Drift I got. Also got Megs and Straxus pre-ordered

5. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Only bought the two WFC figures from the first wave, and really like 'em both. Looking forward to Darkmount and the rest of the WFC figures, and to seeing pics of some of the stuff at BotCon. All in all, a line worthy of appreciation, I think.

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Are they both good figures? I've seen Peaugh's review of them and have been tempted to get one. Which is better, Optimus Prime, or Bumblebee?

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Megatron I'm dubious about. If there's to be a dud in the line, that's probably it. I'm also skeptical about Thunderwing and Straxus.

So far, it's a decent line. I don't like it quite as much as some of the Universe waves, but it's not far off. Drift is a decent mold, but I don't like it as much as the Sideswipe mold. The fact that his hood won't fit together is driving me nuts.

8. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant wait untill i can actually comment on generations(I hope to get them tomorrow,if they are spotted)

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

So far I have Drift and Thrust, but for sure I think Generations is a great toy line.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I don't have any of the toys yet, but from what I've seen it looks like a very solid line. Can't wait to buy a few of them, since all of them look like high quality toys, however, I'll have to skip a few so I don't go broke, and some might not even show up in the black hole of toys I live in.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, Drift and Thrust weren't easy to find, but they were worth the hunt.

WFC Prime is a wonderful figure with one of the most unique transformations I have ever seen. The sculpt is great, and the detail is pretty good. Only down side is he didn't come with an ax.

WFC BB is the weakest of the first wave to me. I hate his transformation, even after figuring out ol the little tricks. I think his alt. mode is nice, just not worth the trouble of getting it their.

Thrust is better than I thought he would be. The paint sold me on the figure, as it was a very nice suprise compared to the usual Hasbro paint.

Drift is the highlight of the first wave. While I think alt. mode is kinda weak, mainly because the front of the car refuses to line up, everything else is great. The amount of poses you can get him in with his huge sword is just amazing and fun to do.

So far, I like Generations better than HFTD, even with the awesomeness that is Leader Screamer.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I meant (assuming he was replying to my post of course).

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, they definitely could've used a little extra work on the front end of the car. They put in the tabs, but they didn't make anywhere for them to go. I guess there was no time to fix it.

Too bad, because bot mode is fantastic.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    eh... you know, Bumblebee was originally the one that I looked forward to least. But after obtaining him, (and the rest of the generations), he was the one I played with the most. Optimus was a bit less intuitive to transform compared to BB, and Thrust and Drift are simple. BB gives a VERY awesome satisfaction after you transform him, and into such a sleek small car form too, no less. I think that his appearance may seem lacking, but he is really a pinnacle of engineering work.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them all. Dirge has my favorite coloring of the seeker mold, Drift is a fantastic mold, Prime looks cool and is an impressively solid deluxe, and BB is... BB. He does his job. So, I'm pretty happy with them so far.

16. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

So far I only have Bumblebee, and I do have to say that I'm less than impressed with him. I can't peg what it is exactly, but I guess I just generally don't like how, I dunno, FAT he seems, how floppy his limbs are, and his alt mode just doesn't do it for me.

Thrust and Dirge are no-brainer purchases. I have been on the fence about Drift, but the toy seems well done enough. I don't care for the IDW character, but if the toy is good, I'll mostly likely purchase it and repurpose it as another character or just wait until Blurr.