Generations Sky-Byte

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lovecraft, May 19, 2014.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Fresh Marvel G1 Fan

Hey TFW, I need some info.

When is the projected street-date for the wave containing Generations Sky-Byte? It's one of the few new toys for this year I plan on picking up.

Also, Generations voyagers are running about 20 bucks at my local Wal-Mart, will the new ones be more expensive or should I not worry about that?

Thanks in advance,
    Lovecraft

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Not sure but it should be this or next month. We've already seen in box images of the figure

3. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Street date is a term generally used only for movie toys, most toys like the generation line will not have a street date and retailers can put them out and sell them as soon as they get them.

If you are ever interested in knowing the release date of a figures I would suggest checking with the online retailers like Big Bad toy Store to get the latest release dates. BBTS says Sky Bite will be released some time in June.

The difference in price from the generations voyagers to the movie voyagers is only $5. Is that something that worries you?

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Movie toy launches are the only Hasbro things to get actual release dates. Everything else is vague 'probably this month' approximations.

BigBadToyStore currently has that Voyager wave slated for June, so they'll probably start showing up in brick 'n' mortar stores some time in June or July.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I just hope it's by July 1. I'm shipping my POL then for my birthday on the 17th.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Current running Generations figures do not have a street date. As is, street dates really only apply to the initial push of a major launch (like that of a movie line). Stores will get it "when they get it", though online shops are estimating a release next month.
    Remember, though, Rhinox came out in January of this year, but a lot of people are only NOW seeing him available at retail stores.

Hasbro's stated MSRP on Generations Voyagers is $25 (same as movie Voyagers), but stores' pricing will vary based on numerous factors.

7. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has the Sky-byte wave slated for June 2014 arrival...but it's quite common for that to end up getting delayed a little bit.... and then as for when it shows up in stores it may be later still. With AoE toys likely the current focus of Transformers for retailers, might be anybody's guess as for when new "Thrilling 30th" toys show up on shelves.

8. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    If you have any Voyagers left you need to get, try to snag them at $20. The cheapest I see them around me is $22 some places, and my local TRU just jumped up to $25 right when AoE came out.