Generations Selects Star Convoy & teaser of possible Super Megatron & Snaptrap figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Apr 4, 2019.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

This.

The prices REMIND me of 3P prices. I'm not engaging another "name a 3P price that's this low!" argument again... :rolleyes2 

I like the new Hasbro toys, but you've got to admit they are NOT Premium toys. So paying a lot more than the already (arguably) high retail prices does not sit well with me! :) 

2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it has nothing to do with being a hasbro defender and more to do with objectively analyzing a situation. he paid for an item and got pulse premium as a bonus. he paid knowing that the "perks" werent set in stone. he knew exactly what he was getting when he bought the item which was the item, free shipping and vague promises.

the seacons wont be hasbro releases, they will be takara releases through hasbro pulse, just like star convoy. as such they will maintain the takara price

• Like Like x 3
  3. Digger

Digger Spreading peace, love and reasonable explanations

Twitter:
    They are pretty cool. And the monster design of IDW certainly made him more distinct.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I’d be happy with either monstructor or dinoking but part of me would rather have dinoking since he was in the cartoon

• Like Like x 4
  5. Digger

Twitter:
    Okay yeah that’s fair. There could be a lot of remoulding as well to fix him. But given how Star Convoy used the prime gimmick to have a toy style Optimus armour up I wouldn’t be surprised if Super Megatron had a Titan Master and that it would look like Galvatron.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

But HasbroPulse IS HasbroToyShop. So when one of those (i.e. there's only one we're speaking of!) makes a promise of "epic perks", it's not unconscionable to expect DISCOUNTS as a perk. Don't be a lawyer about this! :lol 

Good gravy, you are a lawyer! :lol 

I know it's NOT HAsbro; but TakaraTomy Generations releases have lately been the same as Hasbro. You might forgive the faux pas! :D 

Look, I'm just asking for Hasbro to find a way to raise their prices: selling TT toys at a premium with any success will give them all the evidence they need to prove that raising the prices higher will not hurt sales at all! ;) 

7. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I’m saying is that hasbro intentionally tagged star convoy as a Takara generations selects figure, so it stands to reason that the rest of the Takara initiated generations selects figures will follow suit. Likewise Takara will probably tag any hasbro initiates selects as a US import of some kind.

• Like Like x 3
  8. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

perhaps added later in the form of one of the deluxes weapons?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Thread cleaning in progress...

No more bickering, guys.

• Like Like x 5
  10. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Now this is an interesting idea. It brings to mind shadows of the unipod that G1 Megs had.
    [​IMG]

Maybe several of the figures come with swords that can be used to create a bipod stand or mount to aid in stabilizing/weight bearing the sixth Seacon in gun form. It might limit his use but it could also help solve the "gun too big/heavy for the figure to raise it" problem without intensive joint redesigns.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Digger

Twitter:
    Didn’t the original have some stands for the 6th member as well?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev Tasty energon wine, Cheers!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Wow I need to have this

• Like Like x 2
  13. TranslucentBag

Ebay:
    Oh good call! It looks like all the limbs at least did come with a gun and stand that could be combined to create a platform for their gun mode. Awesome catch!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    I'm rooting for Monstructor only because Dinoking would be a straight repaint (at least for the most part)

15. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they had a combining sword. That was the best part of Victorion.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sigmalock

Sigmalock Decepticon

Piranacon's 'trident sword' would be ideally suited to it, too, with the multiple prongs potentially becoming individual swords/daggers!
    I see Snaptrap's sword has a 5mm port, and Skalor's has a 5mm peg, but whether these and the other Seacons' (presumed) swords combine into something like Victorion's blade - let alone, Piranacon's classic weapon - is another matter. (Perhaps something for the 3rd parties to look into; hint, hint?)

• Like Like x 2
  17. combinerlover

combinerlover ToiletTroop/ShedHead fan boy

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yup, contrary to what someone said in regards to Naughtilator being Piranacon gun, he is clearly the arm.. And we must not forget that this is presented in Japan as King poseidon, he has a different configuration.. Using Overbite as his TargetMaster.. But I noticed on Turtler hand gun he has multiple 5 mm ports, what ever... So that could play a part in all the five limb bots weapons conbining into a massive gestalt weapon, or just an option as a TM play pattern.. Idk, just imo anyway... I do however think that this project is mainly Tskara Tomy, I\'m sure Hasbro may have a hand in it some how or another.. Who knows, but that speaks volumes to how King poseidon is arranged... All I know for sure is * Squeals like a Preteen school girl * Oh my Fu#king GODs! I am in pure heaven seeing this and knowing that they are on their way. I am super curious about how Tentakil will look after having seen the awesome detail on Gulf... <3 <3 <3 you can see that Seawing is a Swoop retooled of some kind, and I'm curious as to if well get a new mold of some kind for Naughtilator or Tentakil? Just WOW.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  18. TranslucentBag

Ebay:
    Yep, all I have to say is that I'll have a complete BBTS G1 Seacon reissue going up for sale soon. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Ha!

I've got the original, the reissue, the KREO, TFC Poseidon, and I was going back and forth on the TFCC repaint before the local hobby shop sold it.

I think I'm only missing Kabaya.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

This is fine and all but for God's sake, show Super Megatron already!

And Armada Prime too while you're at it.

• Like Like x 5