Generations Selects Star Convoy, Super Megatron & Snaptrap figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Apr 4, 2019.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Its slightly better than nothing but if you have POTP OP, you essentially already have this, it's a poor facsimile of the original, hopefully in the next 10 years of so, we get an original mold, Star Convoy really should be a Titan Class and should come with a Micromaster Hot Rod. Hopefully someday

2. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Stickers nonetheless are a low quality sign, something that cost that much shouldn't have stickers, stickers always peel eventually even reprolabels.

3. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    If I've got a complaint, it's the "sometime in the future, the connecting piece is gonna break" and the use of yellow orange paint over the panel instead of molded yellow orange panel connecting the tank part to the jet. The paint chipped already as it it the most active friction applied area of the mold.

Sonicbomber should have been a bit more tighter as mine tended to break up in jet mode. On Roadfire, there is a panel that should have been moldedblack to emulate the original and break the red monotony.

The hollow shins in robot mode of Dai Atlas.

3 issues. aside from that, a great modern take on the team.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Mine has shipped already from RK. If I've got any complaints, takara should have added a faux tank tread part like that on SuperPants Prime aka Micron Densetsu Convoy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Yes it is that bad especially if you are a Dai Atlas fan etc, it's a poor mockery of the original but I guess it's better than nothing, maybe.

6. JayZetaMax

JayZetaMax Well-Known Member

BBTS had Star Convoy up for preorder but the page disappeared a few weeks ago. I placed a preorder and it shows up in my pre orders but when I hit the link I get a 404 error.

I sent BBTS an email asking if the pre order is still on or if they will even care the figure.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    its really not that bad, the worst qc on my set was roadfires waist joint being loose

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

You did get what I meant. Yes I know Ginrai and Optimus Prime are two separate characters but what I was trying to say that the POTP Prime mold can easily be use to make a Ginrai and Powermaster Prime.Plus I never even mention Star Convoy at all in my quote.

9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved the Big Powered set

• Like Like x 3
  10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Me too.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I think it is a homage to the original G1 Star Convoy head...

12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    while i don't like the alt mode and the stickers are kinda "meh", overall this guy (and the Seasons) are more exciting then the entire Seige line to me. (maybe other then Apeface)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nightshade2000

Nightshade2000 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish I preordered from Hasbro but I forgot and the window was closed... The third party sellers' prices are noticeably different. So I'm holding out for mandarake or something.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

Hmmm.. i\'m guessing this is also going to be the japanese packaging?  Has japan used the \"generations select\" packaging?  Seems too plain for Japan, but I could be wrong.

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    this is a japanese release, its the only packaging its getting, star convoy is not a hasbro release (its even an import from takara on pulse)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted a CHUG Star Saber, Star Convoy and Dai Atlas on my shelves. I was pretty sure we'd a Star Saber first - the other two much later, if at all. So I was surprised, though not exactly displeased by who turned up first.

I was initially a bit disappointed by Legends Dai Atlas, but Shockwave Lab's leg-fillers and Z-Sword took care of that, so no regrets there (now), though I am a bit concerned about the waist chain/connector, but it's fine so far.

As for Star Convoy, I see him as a nicer alternative to POTP Optimus, and a homage of sorts to the original Star Convoy. They could have retooled his chest, but then they'd have had to retool the entire trailer mode to resemble the original toy's. It would have got to the point where they might as well have created a new figure from scratch, which might have been a little out of their budget.

Still, apart from the changes to the larger robot mode, Takara also went to the trouble of remolding the inner robot into G1 Optimus which was a nice touch (and he follows the POTP 'evolution theme' - I'd actually like to see them somehow remold POTP Optimal Optimus into Galvatron, complete with Megatron-backpack).

I think people have to remember that Takara had to find cost-effective ways of giving us versions of relatively 'obscure' characters like Dai Atlas and Star Convoy (yeah, we know he's Optimus. Who else does?). They had to work with what was available.

Me, I'll have Star Convoy and Dai Atlas on the shelf waiting for their buddy Star Saber. (Alternatively, I may instead have CW Hot Rod with 'Co-Captain' CW Megatron on one side, and Star Convoy on the other - 'till all are one', indeed :D ).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. JayZetaMax

JayZetaMax Well-Known Member

Looks like BBTS will not be selling Star Convoy. I got the response below when I asked about my preorder. Good thing I asked and was able to make an order on TFsource.

Thank you for your email. We have confirmed with the manufacturer that at this time, they are considering this an exclusive Pulse release and while we will continue to attempt to get it in, we do only purchase and work with officially licensed vendors and the manufacturers themselves. At this time, they unfortunately may not be made available to us, but if they relax those restrictions rest assured we will work to get them in as well. While we don't have an wishlist in place, I will be sure to notify you should I see that we are able to carry them through the official channels they are currently limited on.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    That sucks....

• Like Like x 1
  19. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't care who it is i just know i want the cab. it looks way better than pax did

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Was it? I don’t remember chrome being on the head, guess I’ll have to dig mine out to take a look.

Either way, I still don’t like chrome. If they had used a dull grey or a flat silver I’d like it way more.

• Like Like x 1